Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-21, 08:03

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%
Default Best Foods for Stress Relief

https://youtu.be/dA7HjFWV6NU

Many options provided to reduce stress by eating select foods. Sounds like we all need to eat a better diet, based on whole foods, including a wide variety of vegetables, seafood, etc. Many many foods specifically listed, and a top 7 list.

All while foods, but not necessarily very low carb.

Many studies quoted.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-21, 05:26

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I'm convinced the body compensates for a bad diet in ways which sucks up more protein, nutrients -- even micro-nutrients. Now, if I do eat something not on my strict interpretation, I feel it. Which keeps discouraging too much of that. I don't want to leave such a nice zone for a transitory bump of taste and brain-zap which takes a bit to recover from.

-- and other ways cravings can become more reliable guides to what my body wants.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-21, 08:30

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

I turned the video off when she said that complex carbs are valuable for daily nutrition.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 12:44

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've learned a lot about stress over the years, from the general struggles of having grown up fat and having lived that way for 30 years, to particular issues like the Christchurch earthquakes of a decade or so ago and more recently, Covid and its flow-on effects.

In the first two examples, I know I felt so much better once I'd removed myself from the fatness and the earthquake area, respectively. Covid is less easy to escape of course, but as of late I've been learning to watch the news less and less, which has helped to an extent.

Ultimately though, the moral of my story is that I'm a believer in solving a problem first and foremost by identifying and then directly addressing its cause. If eating a certain way is stressing you out, then by all means change it up. But if your diet is not the root cause of your stress, then changing it anyway is just an attempt to address the symptom. Just like me turning off the news. Not to say that it wouldn't make a difference anyway, but in my experience, addressing the root cause, where possible, is so much more effective.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 14:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
I turned the video off when she said that complex carbs are valuable for daily nutrition.

I'm not one to throw the baby out with the bath water....

There is much evidence to support a healthy gut biome, many different kinds of complex carbs are important to feed them.

Even Dr Atkins was a fan of eating a variety of vegetables and berries.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Fri, Oct-29-21 at 16:18.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 14:29

BF:

Grav, I'm about ready to reduce news exposure. I can only take it in small bites. The Capitol riot here in US has been a bomb shelling. It added to my PTSD issues. While I'm striving for dinner peace despite the local environment , on top of the Covid stress, I'm not succeeding. I better understand the self preserving reactions......that if chronic is destructive.

I thought I was doing better until walking into my kitchen to meet a grey hooded figure with his hand aimed at me. My loud panicked scream was viseral.

Turned out to be my son stretching his wrist 🤣. I didn't know he was home. And I didn't pick up on the dogs cue.....dog not barking. My reaction was born of nerves on hyper drive.

I applaud your effort to change your environment, to aid in better health. We all need peace.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-21, 17:20

BF:

A related presentation....Dr William Davis MD, author of Wheat Belly. A cardiologist that has swiveled his focus to microbiome.

https://youtu.be/SCG73IU94d8