Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 04:18

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default ok, here I gooooooo.....!

TeriDoodle (my name buddy!), Nat... I am going to give this a go.. I am starting tomorrow morning, i have been studying all weekend. I am nervous but almost beside myself excited.. to the point that I couldn't sleep last night. Imagine if after this I end up with muscle???? I have always been flab and bone, even when I was a little girl... it's such a huge thing to be undertaking, but all the planning and structure makes it seem so much more do-able (easy to say the day before I start!). Any hints and tips you can give me would be so greatly appreciated. I am 100% commited to this... I don't have my stopwatch yet, but hope to pick one up very soon. yikes!
Doods.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 06:53
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

OH Doodle.....I'm so excited for you. I know exactly how you feel

The workout seems a little intimidating at first which accounts for your nervousness...but it'll soon be second nature. The planning and recording and eating 6x/day....all those things keep you committed and "in the game". I think it's a wonderful program. And you will MOST DEFINITELY have muscle, not only at the end of the program, but by your 3rd-4th week probably. I do cycling for my cardio...so between the cycling and LBWO's my quads are getting shaped up really fast! I can definitely see and feel the difference in their definition!

Tips and hints? Pay attention to your body very closely.... if you feel tired, get headaches, or anything unusual.... there's a reason. So ask questions!! I found I needed to absolutely get my 8 hrs/night, I needed to increase my water to at least a gallon a day (125 oz), started taking a potassium supplement and increase my carbs up to about 50+ net....maybe more...I'm still in the process of tweaking that. I'm sure you'll have some things that come up, too. Oh yes, and pay close attention to proper form when you're doing your exercises....focus on the muscle group you're working and you'll get excellent results!

I'm really excited for you and with THAT attitude you will do so great....can't wait to watch your progress!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 07:19

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Doodle (this is going to be fun trying to keep you two staight )

I am starting BFL tomorrow as well. Just like you, I am very excited!!!!!! I am up at 0530 this am, wonder why?? After church today will have a few hours to make my plans for the week. I'm still struggling with LBWO (bad knees) but it WILL come together! DH (yes, he is joining me-yahoo!! -haven't figured out what were betting yet ) and I took our measurements last night. If I wasn't starting this Mon. I would have been really bummed instead of FLABbergasted

Are you going to start a gym log? I did last week as I was doing some pre-trial work. It works like an accountability thing with me.

"Cheers" to two more BMBFLB's

#4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 08:46

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:

Hey KT and TeriDoodle, thanks for the words... it IS very exciting... I dunno about the gym log, I am terrible about things like that and never managed to get into the whole journal thing on the forum, even though I gave it a couple shots.... I know for sure i will be annoying everyone here by asking questions all the time! Here we go!
Doods
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 09:28

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Thumbs up

Hey doods, if I can grow biceps anyone can You're gonna love this - honest. It makes you feel powerful, self confident and oh so good about yourself!

Hints and tips - read as much in this forum as you can - don't forget there's a second page to it. Many questions you'll have have been posed and answered. If you can't find them just ask and we'll direct you, and help. I would also read through trainderdan's sticky in 'general exercise' about "the best weight training exercises' - you'll get some good tips there.

Cheers and congrats on your decision!
Nat