Wow, this is AMAZING.
I had to stop myself from standing there taste-testing the sauce. It tastes like Thai take-away!!
A few notes:
- I used skinless boneless chicken breasts because that's what I had on hand.
- I only used one lime/zest.
- I added a packet of Splenda.
- I used gluten-free Tamari in place of soy sauce, but it's about the same.
- My cilantro was frozen in water (ice cubes) and it made the sauce a bit too thin, so I simmered it while the chicken was cooking.
- Half way through cooking, I basted the chicken with more of the sauce since I didn't want it to be too dry.
- It only took about 25 min to cook - I highly recommend using an instant-read thermometer.
- After cooking, I poured the pan juices into the sauce.
- I used a chili I grew in my garden, but the sauce was pretty mild. It was a BIG chili and I thought it would melt my face off, but no. I added a tsp of Huy Fong chili garlic sauce to make it hotter.
This is absolutely a keeper!
(ETA) Hubby loved it, too! For serving, I cut the chicken into slices and grilled them on my clam shell grill. We had it with riced cauli. Here's a pic.