Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-21, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: LC + Noom
Stats: 200/190/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Low Carb MD Podcast

Found this yesterday on Spotify. Very good.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-21, 11:38

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Agreed! They're also on their own website at https://www.lowcarbmd.com/.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-21, 12:23
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

I really like their podcast. I throw them a few bucks on Patreon every month. They have a nice balance of great guests - everything from other health practitioners to 'nerdy' sciencey folks to layman success stories, and I enjoy their interview style. Dr Tro and Dr Brian have different personalities and I think they balance each other out nicely.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-21, 15:57
Registered Member

BF:

The docs can seem a little young or goofy sometimes, but they are big advocates of LCing, share a lot of research, and have really interesting guests. Last night I listened to a PhD from Oxford (and starting med school at Harvard) who clinically reversed his own osteoporosis and put his colitis into remission by doing LC. He had numerous broken bones in his earlier 20's when eating frequent carb heavy meals at the advice of his dietician and docs, but he eventually studied this and treated himself with LC. I'm impressed.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-21, 15:59
Registered Member

BF:

Dr. Norwitz, the most current episode...thanks for the website.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-21, 05:50

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Dr Tro's clinic has a temporary license to offer telemedicine visits to some 20 or so states now. And they offer health coaching by zoom. https://www.doctortro.com/

More options now to actually work with doctors you find through social media. Dr Westman and Amy Berger are offering Masterclasses in LC and Stalling on LC. https://adaptyourlifeacademy.com/
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-21, 06:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 339.8/272.6/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Grav - thanks for that link. It is a treasure trove of low carb advocates.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-21, 07:40

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Lot's of good conversations here. Some controversial, some no-nonsense. I've been referred to this site quite a few times from others links.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-21, 08:47

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsnsteak
The docs can seem a little young or goofy sometimes, but they are big advocates of LCing, share a lot of research, and have really interesting guests. Last night I listened to a PhD from Oxford (and starting med school at Harvard) who clinically reversed his own osteoporosis and put his colitis into remission by doing LC. He had numerous broken bones in his earlier 20's when eating frequent carb heavy meals at the advice of his dietician and docs, but he eventually studied this and treated himself with LC. I'm impressed.

Young doctors tend to be open to new treatment options. Older docs tend to be stuck in a rut.

I will take the young and goofy as they are the on-line techy generation.

Off to read their info....
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-21, 04:35

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Young doctors tend to be open to new treatment options. Older docs tend to be stuck in a rut.

I predict that the Internet will shake up medicine as it has so many other areas of our lives. The criteria for getting into medical school, nursing, even veterinary colleges, was being able to memorize giant chunks of "official" information and drag it out of storage when needed.

Now... that same function is actually better with the smart phone in so many hands. Imagine a pair of glasses with a hearing aid that does the same job... and a lot more people can be that kind of doctor, no?

Yes, some of intelligence is the retention of information. But even more important intelligence is actually using it.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-21, 15:47
Registered Member

BF:

I agree. The amount of info out there published and on the net is vast, a discerning clinician may use it like these podcast docs, to open dialogue with other clinicians and researchers in order to share data in emerging research and learn from one another's experience. The "art" of medicine includes being open to new therapies beyond the standard guidelines, though it's still important to critically examine them and sift truths out of all the garbage that floats on the internet. I trust a doc who has an evidence-based practice yet is still willing to take risks and trial new ideas when traditional therapies (ex. Food pyramid) are mostly ineffective. Secondly, patients are educating themselves and learning how to ask questions. Medicine is more of a partnership between clinician and patient than it used to be.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 03:36

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

LowCarbMD podcast is still one of my favorites. Also DietDoctor…it now has 73 episodes available, including a number of new ones about higher protein, LC diets. https://www.dietdoctor.com/have-you...rotein-podcasts

https://www.dietdoctor.com/podcast

A terrific new one to add to your list: Optimising Nutrition with Marty Kendall

Only three episodes posted at the moment but he has another two dozen or so recorded on different video platforms that will be available as podcasts soon. Subscribe now to hear them all link to Luis Villasenor interview: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...i=1000525863136.

My favorite interview with Ted Naiman and Marty if you want to watch it now, not to be missed: https://youtu.be/ilduzDTFUlQ

Depending on the guests interviewed I have added a few others…Fast Keto with Vanessa Spina had the researchers who coined Protein Leverage Hypothesis, their book is Eat Like the Animals. Episode 277: Protein Leverage with Dr. David Raubenheimer & Dr. Stephen Simpson https://www.ketogenicgirl.com/pages...-ketogenic-girl

Also Cynthia Thurlow’s Everyday Wellness, her interview with Marty Kendall.