Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#481   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-16, 13:09

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

When I first started making it, I used a couple layers of regular foil, but it wasn't wide enough to go up the sides of the springform pan. Water kept leaking inside and make the cake soggy on the bottom. I put the whole pan in a roasting pan and then fill it up with water an inch or more.

Whatever works! Glad you like it. I used to make a pumpkin version that was really good. I think the recipe for that is somewhere in the first couple of pages of this thread.
Sponsored Links
  #482   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-16, 13:16
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

Its good to see you are still here, I've been married, and widowed, and depressed, and injured, and operated on, and recovered, and now having a hysterectomy, but trying again,lol.
  #483   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-16, 13:31

BF:

In that case, WELCOME BACK! It sounds like Bawdy's Cheesecake is just what the doctor ordered!
  #484   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-16, 13:35
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

it always is.
  #485   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 11:46

BF:

It's that time of year again. I've been waiting for the first person to bump this recipe up to the top!

For Thanksgiving, I'm going to make the pumpkin version, but add 2 Tbsp dark rum to the mixture. I always do that with regular pumpkin pie, so figured I'd try it with cheesecake. For such a small amount, it really does make all the difference. The dark rum makes all the spices really pop.
  #486   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 23:36
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
It's that time of year again. I've been waiting for the first person to bump this recipe up to the top.

Ahem!
Re bumping...
I really, really wish that our dear members would take the few seconds it takes to (re)read our Kitchen Forum Rules before posting anything here, but especially **** bumps!
  #487   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 15:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

......I do apologize
  #488   ^
Old Sun, Jun-03-18, 16:54

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
You want a good and easy cheesecake recipe that rivals the best cheesecake you've ever had in your life?

Well, here it is!

It's based on a regular recipe that I got from a friend years ago, and I've made it LC.

You can mix this up in a blender (though it has to be a powerful one) or a food processor or even just a bowl with a mixer (as I do).

2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup Splenda (or any flavored SF syrup you like)

Blend until combined, maybe 15 or 20 seconds. Then slowly add:

16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages, softened)
2 Tbsp melted butter

That's it! If you like, you can make a crust out of 1 1/2 cups almond meal (ground almonds), 1/4 cup splenda, and 1/4 cup melted butter.

Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. It won't look quite done, but it does firm up as it cools and has been in the fridge. To help keep the top from cracking, I place a pie tin filled with water on the shelf below to keep the heat moist.

I input this into Fitday, and the totals are (using Splenda and having a crust):

4,049 calories
370 grams fat
81 grams carbs (minus the 24 grams of fiber equals 57 ECC)
92 grams protein

If you get 12 servings out of it (which are still good-sized servings, since it's pretty rich), the counts per serving are:

324 calories
30 grams fat
4 ECC
7 grams protein

And if you use a liquid SF sweetener like DaVinci's or Atkins syrups (which have no carbs), the ECC for the whole recipe drops to 39, and one serving drops to 3. Remember, a cup of granular Splenda has 24 carbs in it because of the maltodextrin filler they use so it measures the same as sugar.

Even DH didn't know it was LC. He loved it!

Also, sometimes I'll keep out a cup of the batter and add some unsweetened cocoa to taste (1 Tbsp has 2 carbs with 2 grams fiber, so 0 ECC), and then dollop it in and swirl it around.

Other people have added pumpkin and other flavorings.

It also freezes well. Same texture and flavor after defrosting.

Enjoy!

Using this original recipe, with SF DaVinci "Pancake" flavor and 1/4 tsp banana flavoring (the kind you would use to make hard candies, for example) in the batter, I made the most awesome cheesecake cupcakes! I used this flavor combination because I was recently tempted by Banana Cake - but I didn't succumb. I made cheesecake instead!

After mixing together the ingredients for the almond meal crust, I divided it into 12 foil-reinforced cupcake liners, pressing the crust down to make it flat and even. I took a fork and poked each crust three times. This helps it bake more evenly. I then blind baked the crusts at 325°F for about 10 minutes. (If you don't do this, the crust in your cupcake stays soft, like marzipan, which is still good, but I wanted that crunchy texture.)

After they cooled, I poured in the batter and baked the cupcakes (at the same temperature) for 20 minutes. I did NOT put water in the oven. I did NOT let the cheesecakes cool slowly by leaving the oven door ajar.

They turned out PERFECT and were amazeballs delicious (even though I forgot to include butter in the batter). Seriously, I tried one once it had cooled down (without refrigerating it) and it was so delicate, light and delicious.The contrast in texture is sublime: mini cheesecake on top of what is essentially an almond cookie.

The only problem I had was that I had way too much batter leftover after filling the cupcakes. Next time I'll try doubling the crust and make 24 cupcakes, or halving the ingredients for the batter and making 12.

This is probably the best thing I've made so far this year. Including my famous chile no frijoles. I've had them plain, and with fresh, seasonal local strawberries OMG.
  #489   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 16:02
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

What a relief, I found it! Bawdy's Cheesecake was my go-to years ago. Currently I have way too much cream cheese and farm eggs and need to use them up. What would be better than cheesecake?!

Thanks again Bawdy, you've been famous in my head for over 15 years for this!!

PJ
  #490   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 17:44

BF:

What could be better than cheesecake? Have you tried this "fluff" recipe?

Keto Lemon Cheesecake Fluff

8 oz. cream cheese
½ cup heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt (scant amount, more like a pinch)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1⁄3 cup powdered erythritol or other sweetener

Use a hand mixer to whip the cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth and fluffy.

Add the lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Continue whipping until well mixed and smooth.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.