Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 21:24
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Bubbles, cream and syrup is Teh Yum

I'm getting real fond of what I call "Italian Sodas". I have no idea if it really is an Italian Soda or not, but I heard a few people talking about them and so I had to try to figure out what they meant.

I bought some Soda Water, which is extremely fizzy stuff. I think its just bubbles and water and maybe something like... baking soda? It does have something in it that doesn't taste like water. And I have a couple bottles of SF Torani syrup. I have Strawberry, Almond and Coconut. My favorite for this is the strawberry.

I pour about a shot glass of syrup in the glass. About a tablespoon of cream or half and half (cream is better!). And then fill it up with soda water.

Wow! It's about 51 calories and VERY filling from the bubbles. And its sweet and creamy and fizzy and just really enjoyable.

So, is there anyone out there that know the REAL way of doing this? I was simply guessing at what I thought it might be.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 22:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140.0/121.5/125 Female 5'3
BF:going down!
Progress: 123%

Not sure if your doing this right or not...
but I have to say this sounds so darn good!
currently I have in the SF syrups:
Bannana, Chocolate, Rasberry, Vanilla, Coconut, and English toffee.
I think I will make a run tomorrow for some fizzy water and make some creation of my own.
Maybe mix the chocolate and the Bannana?
YUMMY!!!

NoSunNoFun-
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 22:21

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I call them Italian sodas too because that's what my university coffee shoppe called them.

These are my legal, non-addictive (for me) desserts and I LOVE them. My new fave is 1 tbsp white chocolate with 1 tbsp creme de menthe mixed with 12 oz soda water and 2 tbsp cream. I usually have this in the afternoon with an ounce of cheese for a very satisfying snack.

I believe the real way is to only mix the syrup and water and then "top" the soda with the cream and let it drizzle down into the glass. It's pretty but not as good IMO.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 00:02
Experimenter

BF:

Wow... chocolate flavor? That sounds incredible. And mixed with Banana!?! I'm pretty sure that's forbidden by all the major religions its sounds so sinfully good.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 08:04

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Sounds yummy!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 10:58
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I always liked them without the cream and would order them that way in the coffee house. I have tons of sugar free syrups, I should go back to making my own. Just not sure if the sweetness would cause cravings or not
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 11:24

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey, I do (almost) the same thing!! great minds think alike

I put ice in a glass, top it with heavy whipping cream and some chocolate da vinci syrup and then pour Diet Rite Cola over it and stir. I have this almost every night while I'm watching TV. I'm actually going stateside today and I'm going to pick up more syrups and Diet Rite. My favourite is the raspberry and tangerine with cream (no sf syrup) -- tastes like Creamcicles (sp?). YUM! It tastes great, totally legal and fills you up!

Nicole
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 13:06
Experimenter

BF:

Ok, tried the chocolate today and I gotta say it was pretty yucky. Total disappointment!