Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  woohoo!

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 09:02

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 206/175/130
BF:
Progress: 41%

That is wonderful,
I am a newbie also,. What have you been eating for your fast weightloss?
Sounds like you are on a mission..
You go.....

CeCe
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 21:11

Plan: low carb
Stats: 116.5/???/95
BF:
Progress: 19%

well, i wanted to do induction but the rules were too strict. so far, i've eaten sausages, cheese, turkey breast, chicken, eggs, the meat course that my mom makes..lotsa meat basically.
the other foods that i wasn't allowed on induction but ate anyways (little of course) and still lost weight were oranges, apples, soybean drink, a little little apple juice (once)...i had to have the fruits in the beginning so i can slowly adapt to the new eating habits but slowly im better at resisting them.
but then again, i am a newbie as well and taking food advice from me is not a good idea.

update- i have reached 112. 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was this morning. i don't know what i weigh now cuz my mom let my aunt borrow the scale so i cant weigh in again ..but i know it is at least 112.5.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 20:30
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 148/125/115
BF:
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up for small successes, celebrate achievement of goals

congrats tw1nkl

remember: they way to our goals is thorgh a series of small success. and we should celebrate everyone!

i wouldn't worry so much about induction because you don't have a long way before you reach your goals. why not try keeping your carbs as low as you can for 1 to 2 weeks, then slowly introduce them back in to your diet.

also, don't worry about the fruit. it's better to eat a piece of fruit than to eat a piece of candy.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 06:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Congratulations! It's very motivating when the weight comes off fast in the beginning.

Article tools