Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-08, 15:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Still alive but really busy! I've been having some problems with not losing so I've stepped up my workouts and cleaned up my menus. I guess I'm just going to have to get over the fact that even though I can have anything at my RM, I shouldn't!

I have never used the RM as a pigout or anything like that but I just use too much cheese, sour cream and so on. I think I had portions that are too big even if they are low carb. I want to try to keep even my RM very simple for now to see if I can make some progress. So far I'm doing good!

I'm working on splitting my workouts into twice a day, too. We are planning to switch the guest room with the home office so once that's done, I can move my rebounder into the home office and do my yoga and my rebounder workout first thing in the morning. Then later in the day, I can do my bike and weights.

Today's RM was a burger patty, fried green beans and 3 mini (and they were tiny!) cheesecakes.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-08, 17:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I had a rally nice RM at home, and have enough left overs for 2 more!
I took some split chicken breasts and cooked them in a red pasta type sauce. Yum!
RM: salad, green beans, 1/2 roll, chicken in sauce, 1/2 cookie bar, water.

Tomorrow I'll have the same thing (but no cookie bar) and DH will have it with pasta.

feeling good, hope you are too!
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-08, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: Evolutionary Diet
Stats: 170/137/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Still hovering at the same weight - one up one down, but at least I'm not gaining. I think I see a change, though, in my face - seems slimmer, especially around the neck and under the chin. Everybody tells me that I look great, and I admit that I look glowy. CAD seems to do great things for my skin. I had my RM yesterday at lunch instead of dinner and was barely hungry at dinner time and behold, one pound down this AM. On days off from work, I'm going to eat a lunchtime RM, but have to switch on days I'm working. Fortunately, it's over blocks of time, so it won't be one day this and another day that. And I was reading another thread about carbing up and down and want to experiment. This week is carb up (meaning - dessert and/or more starchy sides) and on off days, limited carbs (significantly smaller portion of high fiber carbs) and see what happens. For today's RM: thin sliced round steak with mushrooms in a light sour cream sauce, brown rice/beans, thin slice of choc. cake, cauliflower, salad. CM (dinner): finish the steak, kale salad, green beans. S.
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-08, 16:46
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

s- that sounds great. Lust give it a bit more time.
I'm makig my leftover dinner- DH got an invitation to eat out!
I'm having the planned RM of salad, green beans, chicken and 1/2 roll.
Then a few friends are coming over- just to have fun.

Tomorrow is my turn to play- I have a work dinner at a nice steak place!

I did not sleep well last night, and am planning on going to bed early after my friends leave.
Good dreams!
E
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-08, 19:04

BF:

Today's RM was a burger patty, salad with Durkee onions, 2 tangerines and about 2T of chocolate chips...

Had a killer workout, too.
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 08:24
Registered Member

BF:
Default Half pound loss and still feeling great

Full day of work today and into the evening, so tricky eating schedule. Decided on breakfast today - egg salad with olives and 1 small sausage and will grab a late RM lunch out at an Indian buffet that has salad, veggies, and chicken. That should hold me all the way through. Down a half pound today! Cautiously optimistic. Ring is loose and I'm fitting into size 10s comfortably again. I think I'm losing inches that's not reflected in weight. Strange. S.
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 08:35

BF:

Sounds like you are doing good, Saraswati!

I don't have my meals planned for today yet but I just finished part of my workout. I'm experimenting with a split workout. Half in the morning and half in the afternoon. It doesn't matter so much on the light days but on the days I do weights, I get worn out with it all at the same time.

I do know that my RM will contain 2 tangerines. I bought a small crate of them and I want to get them all eaten before any of them spoil!
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 15:42
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
had my ususal CM: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, sheese, coffee.
CM: 1/2 burger(had to wash off the mayo and mustard!), spinach, water
RM(planned)- steak, salad, veggies, ? for carb.
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 07:43
Registered Member

BF:
Default Carbing down this week

Sounds like you're doing well, too, Eno.

Yesterday's plan went ok but was really hungry when I got home late evening and had leftover kale salad and steak. In fact, it felt a bit like hypoglycemia. I think the buffet lunch wasn't balanced enough or too much sugar. Today, I'm starting my "carb down" cycle (again, just an experiment) and eating much fewer carbs (with high fiber) during RM. In comparison to your menu, E, I eat a lot more, so that's "food for thought". I just may be eating too much. The part I like about CAD is it appeals to my love for cooking and eating a wide variety of foods. The downside is it may give me permission to overdo it. Since teen son is home today (snow day) we'll have breakfast together - veggie omelet, sausage (small), coffee. Lunch (if hungry) - small nicoise salad (olives/tuna/green beans/etc), Dinner - skinless chick thigh, salad, small three bean salad (w/o sugar), ? veggie - most likely mashed caul. S.
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 09:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

that sounds great. I guess I don't know what you mean by you eat a lot more food than me. I think I eat a lot, but I do have the same breakfast everyday and I have a very limited lunch CM.
Tonight we are having leftovers again- I made 6 chicken breasts in that sauce and tonight is the last. I have key lime pie for my carb.
So RM is salad, chicken, spinach, pie.

Tomorrow- same CM, leftovers for lunch CM (from last night's steak), RM?

I am wearing RED today for Wear Red Day for Women's Heart Health!

E
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 10:43

BF:

Not sure what my RM will be today. Nothing really sounds good and it's just me for meals today. I'm sure I'll figure out something.

I've got my morning workout done and will do part two of the workout later today.
  #117   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-08, 08:23

BF:

We had a birthday party for 2 nieces last night. I knew they would be serving a meal so I planned my RM for the party. They usually have a variety of things to eat. This time they opted for pizza. So my RM was a few slices of pizza and a little bit of pasta salad. They served the cake way beyond my hour and while I was tempted by the chocolate cake, I said no thanks. Instead I drank what seemed to be gallons of water! I was up 3 times in the night for the bathroom!

Not sure what we'll be doing for the RM today. It will be during the game tonight so I was thinking chili might be good or maybe tacos. I'll see what the guys want and make sure it's all set for my hour!
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-08, 09:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

I'm up 5 lbs this morning- yuck! I am sooo swollen. Went out for dinner last night- got salad, crab cake, calamari, green beans and a beer. I had the crab cake on one slice of toasted wheat bread with cocktail sauce. Not great.
Tonight is staying home- I'm grilling steaks and we'll have baked sweet potato and (better) green beans or spinach. No beer for me today.
Then I have dinner out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday! I know that no matter how well I order, I will be up on the scale. I really think it is too much salt and sugar and whatever else they put in the food. I always order a salad and a veggie- I'll see how I do.
I'm waiting for it to warm up and then I will take a LONG walk!
E
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-08, 16:21

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Well, just had two good weeks on CAD. I do like the way I feel on this WOE. I just never lose very much weight. On Atkins I lose pretty well but feel lousy- and not just for a few days, but for months on end. But I'm pretty close to goal and in good shape so I may not lose any more on any plan, and I'm okay with that.

I read on the board somewhere that what your body considers a healthy weight and what you consider your ideal weight might be different by ten or twenty pounds-- and it's hard to persuade your body to lose any when it's where it considers healthy. I try to keep that in mind when I sorely need some perspective.

But of all the WOEs I've tried-- which is almost all of them-- CAD is the one I feel best on and can live with for the long haul.
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-08, 23:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathos5
Well, just had two good weeks on CAD. I do like the way I feel on this WOE. I just never lose very much weight. On Atkins I lose pretty well but feel lousy- and not just for a few days, but for months on end. But I'm pretty close to goal and in good shape so I may not lose any more on any plan, and I'm okay with that.

I read on the board somewhere that what your body considers a healthy weight and what you consider your ideal weight might be different by ten or twenty pounds-- and it's hard to persuade your body to lose any when it's where it considers healthy. I try to keep that in mind when I sorely need some perspective.

But of all the WOEs I've tried-- which is almost all of them-- CAD is the one I feel best on and can live with for the long haul.

I got this quote from a health newsletter that I subscribe to about ideal weight. Thought it would be good to share!

"When you are happy with how you look in and out of your clothes,
you feel good and have ample energy, and you're healthy according
to recent blood work - THEN you're at your ideal weight."

Today's RM was a small serving of taco dip with lc crackers, 2 tangerines (only 2 left now!), a protein shake, one adult beverage and a drumstick ice cream cone. Not as balanced as I had hoped but also not nearly as bad as it could have been!
Closed Thread