Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-08, 16:20
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

we have some morning people on this forum!!
Sara- there are people who react to broccoli with elevated bs and/or cravings. I think it has more carbs (?) than other veggies. Some of the Heller's books list it as a CM veggie. I have always eatne broccoli as CM.
Your menus look good to me.

Tosay-
CM: 2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, cheeese, black coffee
CM:leftover hamburger (planned) and string beans
RM: (in 45 minutes-lol!) salad, spinach, salmon cakes, ? for carb.
DH will have barley and ice cream added on. I am leaning
towards wither cereal or 1/2 a roll with butter and jam.

Last night I got home late, and DH had dinner cooking! This is a very unusual evnt in my house and it was sooo nice. I had already defrosted the burgers and had the rest in the fridge, but he set the table and cooked the burgers and plated the salads- nice!
Back down to 125. I try not to sweat the ups and downs, just know when I eat out or drink alcohol it goes up, and then comes down again when I eat hom, eat clean and limit (avoid) alcohol.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 06:59
Registered Member

Plan: Evolutionary Diet
Stats: 170/137/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Brownies

Hi E,

It's interesting to me that you react so quickly to alcohol. It's actually intriguing, in a way, how transparent one can be, metabolically speaking. I always thought there was a margin of error by what we eat and its effects, but your experience (and most likely many of us) pounds home a lesson for me (pardon the pun) - pay attention.

I've been fretting about my upcoming travels (leaving Friday), even losing sleep over it. While I'm looking forward to it, it's my first into that part of world, and going with friends and my 15 year old son. The son part is fine - he's a great traveler and good companion. The other is the food thing. I sincerely doubt I will be able to keep up CAD. I'm ok staying away from carbs altogether, but don't know about the rest.

I had a desire for brownies last night, so decided to have one, but carefully. I had a small brownie as my carb choice and this morning, no loss, but no gain. It helps to have to make it myself. After all the effort, gives me time to think about it.

Yesterday was the first day without coffee. I think I did feel better (though missed it a bit).

Today:
Steak/eggs
Chicken Caeser
Tofu scramble, baked cauliflower, kale salad (tends to have higher carbs), regular salad, brown rice
  #153   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-08, 04:30
Registered Member

Plan: Evolutionary Diet
Stats: 170/137/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Up nearly 2 pounds today. I think CAD/CALP is wonderful for folks that haven't done low carb before (worked great as my first low carb woe), but for rerunners like me, I'm not so sure. I'm back to carbing down this week, which is essentially Atkins, so I think, in fairness to the rest of this thread, I'm going to just stick to my journal entries. Thanks to all of you for your support so far and good luck! S.
  #154   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-08, 07:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Good Morning! Still at the hotel - staying on plan! I was a little worried about lunch yesterday because I went out to eat with my sister but our food came to the table quickly and we were able to finish within the hour.

DH sugested pizza for dinner so we'll go pick it up and bring it back to the room. I've got veggies and dip I can munch on first so I don't overeat the pizza.
  #155   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-08, 18:01
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Sara- you have to figure this out for you. I alwyas focused on health and the weight came off, but we are ll different.
Linda- you are doing great.

I had a really nice V-day today. We just do cards, and I make a nice dinner. Dinner tonight-
RM:salad, spinach, shrimp, pasta (1/4 c), 1/2 roll, 1 glass white wine, 2 tiny choc cookies, black decaf, hater.

Really nice dinner- I think I had 1/2lb of shrimp! DH had lots and lots of pasta- and cookies and wine. I am very very happy with my RM. I'm just posting while DH does the dishes and then...
later-
E
  #156   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-08, 06:42

BF:

This is our last day at the hotel - can't wait to get home! It's nice to go away but I miss my workout routine and the comfort of my home!

The V-Day meal was too carb heavy for me but I ate within 45 minutes so I hope there wasn't too much damage. I'm not noticing any puffiness from water retention so that's a good sign.
  #157   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-08, 20:23
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 241/225/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 20%

Well Ive decided to make tomorrow my official first day of CALP, healthy heart plan. Valentines day did me in and ive had some very stressful family events which also did me in. I know I cannot keep using excused to put off what must be done. HOWEVER ive decided to start posting here daily with my meals and accountability. I actually tried atkins last week, but I just could NOT do it. I felt sick and had severe cravings. All I wanted was an apple and I kept eating cheese, bacon, and other fatty stuff to try to stay away from the apple, and I got sick and nauseious, and I kept thinking If i was on CALP i could have had the darn apple with some nice natural peanut butter at RM. Instead I went nuts trying to eat things to keep me from the apple. AM i making sense???
Anyway, tomorrow is my first day. I weighed 226 today and 160 is my goal. Long way to go! Im so glad I found this board because I dont think there are any other places that have CALP support!

Delone
  #158   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-08, 22:41
Glamazon

Stats: 250/193.5/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hey everyone

Just wanted to pop in to say hi... I am actually in the process of reading the CAD book (1991) I think. I picked it up at Border's today in passing. I haven't read much about the actual plan yet, but took the test and am enjoying the information on the Addiction part.

I have been on Atkins for awhile... but the last few months have been rough. So many points in the book have struck home with me - the signs of being addicted. I have a real fear of carbs, which I believe has deepened my troubles with carbs. On Atkins I have become totally obsessed.

I have enjoyed reading your posts, they have been very informative. I have not read enough of the book yet to make the "Switch", but when I finish the book and if I decide to, I hope there's room for one more here.
  #159   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 07:48
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
of course there is always room! After you finish CAD, please read CALP or CAHHP. I bet the library has it- and they are cheap on AMazon and other book sites.Look through the old posts about switching, too. Welcome!
Hi D-
post-post-post. Yes, what you are saying makes sense to me. Like last night we had t work thing (DH- not me!) and had dinner at a hotel in a banquet type thing. I had a glass of wine from the open bar, which I sipped and still had most of at the end of the evening. I didn't have to stress over dinner- on CALP I can have it all! I had the salad, one very small roll with butter (it was strange- they brought everyone a large roll that was actually 2 small roll stuck together), the entree was chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese (yum), and the dessert was already in the table!I didn't eat the rice pilaf, and had 3/4 of the berry tart. I feel very good this morning too.

Today I already had my CM breakfast, and will have CM lunch of tuna and salad. Maybe spinach too. DInner tonight is out- we are going for Indian so I will have nan (bread) as my carb along with the sauces. No rice- why waste it on rice.I'm just not that into rice.But I will not have the beer like DH orders- too many carbs. I do try to balance even when I eat out.
Tomorrow is grilled steak at home- and I'll also throw a couple of burgers on the grill for CM lunch for Monday and Tuesday. I have lots of CM veggies and meats in the freezer and that is great. For DH I have leftover pasta (from V-day) and he will havae that tomorrow.

I am going out for a long (90min or more) walk right now- just wanted to pop in.
E
  #160   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 07:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

oh- someone wrote and asked if the Hellers had written a mystery- here it is.Came out this past summer- I have not read it yet. On AMazon-
E

The 13th Apostle (Mass Market Paperback)
by Richard F. Heller (Author), Rachael F. Heller
  #161   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 11:14

BF:

Hi Everyone! I'm home from my trip - glad to be back! Stayed on plan the whole week although my RMs were a little carbier than I wanted.

I'll be getting back to my regular workouts today and my meals may be a little strange while we use up what food we have here. Don't want to get groceries till I have to!

Welcome LCLiz and Delone....nice to see some new faces! Post often!
  #162   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 17:56
Glamazon

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
of course there is always room! After you finish CAD, please read CALP or CAHHP. I bet the library has it- and they are cheap on AMazon and other book sites.Look through the old posts about switching, too. Welcome!
Hi D-
post-post-post. Yes, what you are saying makes sense to me. Like last night we had t work thing (DH- not me!) and had dinner at a hotel in a banquet type thing. I had a glass of wine from the open bar, which I sipped and still had most of at the end of the evening. I didn't have to stress over dinner- on CALP I can have it all! I had the salad, one very small roll with butter (it was strange- they brought everyone a large roll that was actually 2 small roll stuck together), the entree was chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese (yum), and the dessert was already in the table!I didn't eat the rice pilaf, and had 3/4 of the berry tart. I feel very good this morning too.

Today I already had my CM breakfast, and will have CM lunch of tuna and salad. Maybe spinach too. DInner tonight is out- we are going for Indian so I will have nan (bread) as my carb along with the sauces. No rice- why waste it on rice.I'm just not that into rice.But I will not have the beer like DH orders- too many carbs. I do try to balance even when I eat out.
Tomorrow is grilled steak at home- and I'll also throw a couple of burgers on the grill for CM lunch for Monday and Tuesday. I have lots of CM veggies and meats in the freezer and that is great. For DH I have leftover pasta (from V-day) and he will havae that tomorrow.

I am going out for a long (90min or more) walk right now- just wanted to pop in.
E

Thanks for the welcome

Why are people switching? In this book, it does say you must balance your reward meal... I assumed that was the big difference. I will definitely check it out once I finish reading this.
  #163   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 19:02
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 241/225/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 20%

Today I ate
2 fried eggs and 2 slices of spam my hubby cooked, not sure if this is okay but it was low carb
Turkey burger and a greek salad
cheese, and some salami for snack (not sure if this was ok, but low carb)
Dinner: sauteed prawns, spinach, broccoli, small baked potato

I forgot if on CALP you can snack? Im used to doing this on low carb and for me, i feel it is necessary to keep my blood sugar stabalized.

Delone
  #164   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 15:53
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
first, people do CALP or CAHHP as they are newer, and have much more of an emphasis on balancing the RM.
About snacks- they are not terrific in CAD programs, but I snack too. One a day in midafternoon usually. I will tell you taht i am no longer jungry for a midmorning snack- once you have the CM in the morning it seems to help.

CM: eggs, 2 bacon, coffee
CM: tuna with Duke's mayo, tossed salad
RM(prepping) salad, grilled steak, carrots, spinach

Took a nice long walk to day and lifted weights- feel good. Still have energy- maybe I'll take another walk after I get dinner made.

Ask any questions- I'll try to answer. I have only been doing this WOL for less than 5 years.
  #165   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-08, 06:20
Glamazon

BF:

Yesterday was my first official day on CAD:

B - 2 scrambled eggs
L - 3 oz. Canadian Bacon, 1 string cheese
D - Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, 1 granny smith apple, 1 banana, raw veggies (broccoli, celery, cauliflower, and carrots) with ranch. Water to drink.

I was trying to decide what to eat for my reward meal and I was really craving some fruit. The apple and banana were perfect. (I spent like 10 mins picking them out at the store )

Still looking to balance the rm better. Was a bit too carby.

Anyway, I was very full, and went to bed in bliss.

I woke up this morning down 1/2 pound.
Closed Thread