Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 22:22
Registered Member

Plan: Trying to find
Stats: 360/354.4/250 Female 6 ft
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 5%
Default I'm Back!

Hello all of you beautiful and inspiring people.

I am looking to make some friends who would be interesting in some mutual support. I am back after a long hiatus and I am looking forward to digging in and getting things done.

I am feeling very close to rock bottom these days so there isn't anywhere to go but Up from here.

Setting small goals, talking about emotional eating & triggers, making healthy habits and breaking old patterns is where I feel I need to focus.

I am so happy to be back and I look forward to meeting some great people.

We can do this.

Talk soon!

Erin aka Failnot
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 03:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi Erin and welcome.

I sent you a long private message, then had to delete most of it because I was only allowed 777 characters, lol. So I cut out the stuff about emotional eating and more. I didn't want to write it in your journal, however, in case it was a bit too personal.

Anyway, best of luck. I know being here will help!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 18:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome!
Something that I found super helpful was to check out the emotional eating thread and to read back YEARS of discussion. It really helped me feel not alone, even though there are many people who are no longer literally on the site today to talk to, their thoughts and efforts from the past gave me a sense of community, good ideas, and support.

Everyone is different, but if it helps you to know, I’ve been eating this way 3.5 years. The combination of Stable blood sugar through low carb eating and the high level of satiation in eating high fat gave me space to look at my emotional eating and the needs that were not getting met in my life. It also, over time, gave me the space to have a choice in how I responded to stress (not taking eating away, but adding other responses to my toolkit so that eating wasn’t the only one that helped.)

Good luck to you on this journey.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 18:34

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

The world wide stressor has effected everyone. You are in good company.

May a challenge interests you?? A great way to meet a few members........
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-17-20, 08:23
Registered Member

Hello everyone, thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate the notes in my journal and the PM's i've received. I hope this note finds you all doing well this day.

Ms Arielle, I think I would like a challenge. I am haven't tried getting on my scale again since I last weighed in -I am certain I won't register. I am going to take a little weight off first before I bother with the scale.

What kind of challenges are going on right now?

Thank you all again for stopping by.

Here's to a good day!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-20, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up

Just wanted to stop by, say hi and tell you I know you can do this. I read back through all your journal entries and old posts over the weekend and you've done some amazing work shifting a lot of weight in the past! You know now where you went a little awry, you know how to make this work for you and you obviously have the ability to be successful at this. Yours was the first post I read when I joined the forum and your candour was incredibly inspiring. I'm rooting for you!

I can see from your writing how important this is to you and I really believe that if you keep checking in with some of the other amazing folks on these boards, stay accountable and banish those evil low cal/low fat lies from your mind, that you'll succeed at this. You deserve it. Looking forward to seeing how you progress on your journey down through the numbers, to health, happiness & a permanent new WOE.

Be good to yourself and take care.

X
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-20, 20:31
Registered Member

Hello BlueVelvet,

Thank you for taking the time to stop in and say hello and cheer me on. I hope you are enjoying all the resources and amazing people. We've got this for sure. It won't be easy but we can do it.

Keep in touch. I look forward to watching you succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueVelvet
Just wanted to stop by, say hi and tell you I know you can do this. I read back through all your journal entries and old posts over the weekend and you've done some amazing work shifting a lot of weight in the past! You know now where you went a little awry, you know how to make this work for you and you obviously have the ability to be successful at this. Yours was the first post I read when I joined the forum and your candour was incredibly inspiring. I'm rooting for you!

I can see from your writing how important this is to you and I really believe that if you keep checking in with some of the other amazing folks on these boards, stay accountable and banish those evil low cal/low fat lies from your mind, that you'll succeed at this. You deserve it. Looking forward to seeing how you progress on your journey down through the numbers, to health, happiness & a permanent new WOE.

Be good to yourself and take care.

X
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-20, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

Well we're similar in age, both looking to lose 100lbs+ and both needing to do this for health more than vanity. If you're looking for a buddy just let me know. Because you're absolutely right. We got this!