Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-24, 04:01

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
Now you pass down the cereal aisle and I can't believe how many cereals there are, a great many of them sugared. Then there are the chips...I remember just potato chips and Fritos, not a lot else. Look at the chip aisle now...again, just as bad as the cereal aisle. And then there are the cookies, the candies, the list is long.

It's true. These sections used to have other things in it, but now the whole side is packed all the way down, plus endcaps throughout the store. Plus, sections. The organic/gf area, the basic vs. flavored fried tortilla chips, and now "vegetables" as a base. Though by now, of course, none of it is FOOD.

Though I have noticed they aren't as big on the athletes on the boxes and the NEW cereals based on cartoon characters have slacked off. It's old faves with new flavors instead. Perhaps we successfully closed off that particular TV/cereal/overweight cycle. Looking back, the fact I couldn't stop eating cereal did get me off cereal, once I connected the dots.

Which is why they "flood the zone with BS" and lure people into thinking this stuff is food. That's the essential disconnection we are dealing with, and no one will say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
Anyhow, I look at serving sizes and all that, and sometimes I'm shocked at the amount of food people can and will eat in one sitting.

As a population, we have lost sight of what is food and how it works. I never watched the shows with very overweight people, but some health channels react to them as examples of what not to do, of course. They are completely trapped in craving the wrong food and eating too much of it, even though an hour later they are wailing they aren't "full" anymore.

I'm not making fun of them, because it's true. One can see how the food addiction and their own disordered emotions from malnutrition combine to make them miserable and helpless. I remember those days. Not going back.

It gives me a better sense of how these people were led astray by marketing. So they are constantly going over a line they don't know should be there.

And why doctors assume all middle-aged people are fat and sick. By the time we get there, we are.

Because everyone knows drugs and drug dealers are bad for you. But those great folks at Kellogg's! Now there's a friend. They have been told that their whole lives by now...

And yet, when they say something about my transformation over the 20 years I've lived here, (it's a small town, it's all we do ) I try to tell them how much better I look and feel... and they think the cost is too high.

Can we call it a processed-food addiction now?