Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-06-21, 10:13

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%
Default Curiosity Bloats The Cat

So, as part of my motivation to preserve my brain, I have joined a ballet class with my new-ish dil. I took it briefly, in my twenties, but I’m sixty, now. Still, it’s a low key “academy” and it’s an excellent example of taking on a new challenge that requires heavy brain-body interaction and I think the music plays a role, as well.
In the context of an OMAD eating routine, the 7:00 pm start time put me in mind to do the class with supper on board. I get off work at 5:00, so I have two hours to eat, change, and drive 15 min. to the studio. I don’t go home first because it’s too far. So, all of that formed a perfect storm around my curiosity about the cauliflower crust pizza at the place down the sidewalk from my office. I had tasted a bite of it, a month or so, ago, and it was better than what I had tried elsewhere, before going lc again. Basically, I was curious as to whether my OMAD would “absorb“ the extra calories/carbs/insulin, and it was a location thing, as well.
So, this morning, my weight was hardly affected, but last night was another story. First, The bloat was visible through my normally slenderizing shirt (too old and fat for a leotard). Second, I was actually slower to understand and internalize the steps of the exercises. I really struggled to keep up. I’m a very raw newbie but I did better last week, which was my first class. Suffice to say, curiosity satisfied.
I know that those cauliflower crusts are made with grains, as well, but I called ahead to ask and they are not purchased. They make them there, in their kitchen. She said they were mostly cauliflower so I went for it. Never again. I’ll follow up on whether it slows me down, beyond today.
Sponsored Links