Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 16:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 237/237/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb Deviled Eggs

One thing I enjoy about this diet is I have permission to eat eggs--which I LOVE! The one thing I don't enjoy about this diet is I work from home, so I'm in the habit of nibbling and snacking. There's not a lot of snack items allowed--especially on the induction portion of the diet. I detest pork rinds, so I'm really limited. I get around that by keeping deviled eggs on hand.

Now, I'm from the south, and they make their deviled eggs in a predictable way. Mustard, yoke, salt, pepper, mash it in there and paprika the daylights out of it.

Ug...that gets soooo boring.

So here's some different varieties I've tried and I find they really zest up deviled eggs nicely!

1. Add a dash of horseradish to the yoke mixture!
2. Add crumbled feta cheese (I like the herb and garlic mixture myself)
3. Use mayo and stone ground mustard combined for some texture
4. Use white pepper for a different flavor, more subtle and more smooth
5. If you like hot sauce, a dash of tabasco, or of Louisiana hot sauce will take your lips off (If you like that sorta thing.).

I have never done all of these at once...nor would I recommend it.

I still limit HOW many I eat each day...but I no longer feel deprived of snacking.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/212/160
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks for the unique ideas. My husband is also from the South and loves deviled eggs. He and I are LCing together. He will love your recipes.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 14:12
Registered Member

Plan: M&E
Stats: 196/197/140 Female 168 cm
BF:37.3/37.3/27
Progress: -2%
Default UK Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriwidow

Now, I'm from the south, and they make their deviled eggs in a predictable way. Mustard, yoke, salt, pepper, mash it in there and paprika the daylights out of it.

Hi

Cn u talk me through this right from the basics, are devilled eggs boiled, shelled, mashed and then add the mustard, pepper and mash and then you just eat if off a spoon?

Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 14:23
Pasta is EVIL, EVIL!

Plan: my own variant of Atkins
Stats: 240/217/115 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:And then some....
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccml
Hi

Cn u talk me through this right from the basics, are devilled eggs boiled, shelled, mashed and then add the mustard, pepper and mash and then you just eat if off a spoon?

Thanks

Deviled eggs are eggs that have been hardboiled, cut open, the yolk scooped out, mashed up with other spices, and put back into the egg white.
Here is a website dedicated to nothing but deviled eggs, so you can get an idea of what they look like and a basic recipe:
deviledeggs.com!

ETA: I just noticed that those recipes call for light mayonnaise or even that horrible "salad dressing". I always use full-fat mayo.
Enjoy! (^_^)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I also like to add some finely chopped green onion to mine. Crumbled fried bacon is a nice touch too. HBEggs are a yummy treat!