Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-13, 12:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/180/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default I hate to exercise -BD

So... I hate to exercise. I hate to feel hot. I hate having sweat pouring down my face BUT I want to feel fit & healthy. I want the whole package and I'm going to give it a solid go. I'm going at my pace. The goal is to improve my fitness without injury. I'm working with a bad back and weak, left leg that I inherited after a long episode with sciatica. I never want to go back to that so safety is my first priority.

And so it begins..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-13, 12:52

BF:

Day 3 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 3lb'ers
She is kicking my butt. As hard as it is, it's not an impossible work out. Right when I feel like collapsing she switches up (thank God!). I'm only using 3lb weights. With some of the leg movements (back kicks and jumps) I can't follow thru the movement completely because of the weakness in my left leg but I can keep up & move it enough to still feel a burn.

Every day, my ab's & legs ache. I feel so tired after the work out but I feel so good knowing that I finshed & got through it. An added bonus is I'm taking it more water which includes my protein shake.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-13, 13:26

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Have you considered a more gentle form of exercise, something like pilates or yoga? Something that can heal your sciatica rather than inflame it? (I speak from experience having had sciatica from time to time).
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 08:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Have you considered a more gentle form of exercise, something like pilates or yoga? Something that can heal your sciatica rather than inflame it? (I speak from experience having had sciatica from time to time).

Hi Liz! Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you have first hand experience w/sciatica. It's horrible. Thankfully, my sciatica is long gone but my leg has never recovered completely. It was a hard lesson but I learned to never push my body & to listen to it better. Crazy enough, mopping & dishes can do a number on my back, but so far this work out hasn't affected it at all. Maybe it's because I modify the higher impact exercises?.. But if there ever comes a time where I feel strain in my back I'll definitely stop and try something more gentle.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 10:47

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Sorry, I thought you might still have the sciatica. Have fun with your workout!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 09:47

BF:

Day 4 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 5lb'ers
I moved up to 5lb weights yesterday. The 3lbs one's weren't always doing the trick with some of the arm exercises.

I'm not sure if I'll exercise today. For some reason I've been really lightheated since last night. Hopefully I'll feel better later and do an evening work out.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-13, 20:36

Plan: mine
Stats: 260/165/165 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDress
So... I hate to exercise. I hate to feel hot. I hate having sweat pouring down my face BUT I want to feel fit & healthy. I want the whole package and I'm going to give it a solid go. I'm going at my pace. The goal is to improve my fitness without injury. I'm working with a bad back and weak, left leg that I inherited after a long episode with sciatica. I never want to go back to that so safety is my first priority.

And so it begins..

Hi BlueDress,

Yes I know exactly where you're coming from. That's the part about exercise I never really liked, feeling hot, sweaty and uncomfortable. But the great thing about doing exercise is that it gradually gets easier as you're finding out and does we get fitter the exercise we do becomes easier therefore less hot and less sweaty.

Years ago when I used to do weight training when I first started, almost by the end of the first exercise I felt like I was melting yet towards my affair with that type of exercise I went low carb and within a very short period I was doing the same type of exercises with much heavier weights and a much faster pace and many times wouldn't even break out into a sweat.

So you just keep going doing what you're doing, knowing that's it doing you good and the only pace that matters is yours.

Well done you!

Mark
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-13, 10:29

BF:

Hi Mark! It's nice to know I'm not alone. "Uncomfortable" is the perfect word for it. I hope I too get there one day. I know it's possible, my head knows it at least and hopefully, one day, I'll come to known it thru first hand experience as well. It has to feel pretty dang good to see yourself transform like that.
If you don't mind me asking, did you ever get to a point where you enjoyed & looked forward to going to work out? I wonder if there could ever come a day where I become one of those crazy people who actually looks forward to it. lol

Thanks so much for sharing your support.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-13, 13:22

BF:

Day 5 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 5lb'ers
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-13, 12:09

BF:

Day 6 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 5lb'ers

I'm doing better with the cardio but in the end I'm still ready to collapse & am so grateful it's over. She is tough.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-13, 11:31

BF:

Day 7 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 5lb'ers
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-13, 12:31

BF:

Day 8 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 5lb'ers
I feel like I could stay on this level forever and always get a big burn.

I wasn't as tired after working out today. I could actually stand up and do other things when I was done..woohoo!! Progress!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-13, 15:33

Plan: sort ofatkins
Stats: 205/144/140 Female 5;6
BF:
Progress: 94%

Lol, that was exactly me only 2 weeks ago....now after a class I dont sit down, I get most things done before then finish what I need to straight away, as when I sit down my muscles just collapse, lol..and moving about after is harder work...I could happily have a snooze for 20 minutes..lol....
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-13, 10:13

BF:

Day 9 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 5lb'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramaya
Lol, that was exactly me only 2 weeks ago....now after a class I dont sit down, I get most things done before then finish what I need to straight away, as when I sit down my muscles just collapse, lol..and moving about after is harder work...I could happily have a snooze for 20 minutes..lol....

haha I felt like taking a couple hours naps the first few times. I was so exhausted.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-13, 12:28

BF:

Day 10 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - level 1 - 5lb'ers
-Sunday break
-On to Level 2 on Monday