Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-15, 22:57

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOPS
She was horrible to me as well, poking me in the belly with her pen saying 'insulin resistant'.

Well she's probably right about the insulin resistance, but, seriously, how did you keep from punching her in the face?
Poking you with a pen? Wow.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-15, 10:33

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

i know - I am wondering the same thing. She also wanted me to eat whole wheat bread, and looked puzzled when I told her I have a gluten allergy. Yawn.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-15, 12:25

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Loops, you're sounding way out of whack. You've had some major changes in our life. Blood sugar (vlc diet), cortisol, exercise, adrenaline, sleep, insulin resistance, weight gain -- all related.

JudyNYC just posted a podcast on this board recently http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=465624 that reminded me of a few things related to adrenal fatigue which is why I thought of it.

That guy's book sounds interesting http://www.amazon.com/The-Adrenal-R..._pr_product_top but it may not be the best book. I read The Cortisol Connection years ago and found it helpful but there's probably better books out now. Tons of info online, of course.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:12

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

oh great thanks - I will definitely look at those! Well took the metformin 2 nights running and felt absolutely exhausted yesterday. Also craving pumpkin like crazy. Might that have to do with the less gluconeogenesis I wonder? Not sure about this pill.....
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:18

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Can you change doctors to one who works WITH you? That made ALL THE DIFFERENCE for me!! You don't need poking, nor do you need the emotional abuse -- my eating was EMOTIONAL -- I needed LESS emotional stress, not more! When I found a caring, warm doctor, who's first question after tests and gently explaining was "What worries you most about your situation?" -- I felt empowered to make things happen, and I did.