Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 11:03

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default pizza fix

Instead of picking the toppings off my bf's pizza, now i just do this:

Get a plate and spread out about 10 slices of Hormel's Turkey Pepperoni (17 slices is only 80 cals) on a paper towel. Then take a stick of string cheese and either slice or pull apart until you have equal portions. Place the cheese on top of each pepperoni and put in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

The cheese gets all gooey and the pepporini gets kind of cripsy which is nice for a hot cheesey crunch. Very good for satisfying a pizza craving.

I suppose you could use any kind of cheese, but I like string cheese because it gives you exact portion control. No measuring or estimating the amount you use. The string cheese I use is the Twist 'Ems white and yellow and is only 60 cals.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/210/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 45%

Not a bad idea. I'll have to give it a try.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 10:43

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 36%

crisping pepperoni in the mw also makes a crunchy chip like snack!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 17:24

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/134/115 Female 62 inches
BF:I dunno?
Progress: 42%

Hey.. I kinda took your idea and changed it a little so I was gonna post my version. (Thanks for the idea, by the way). I'm sorry if somethinglike this is already posted, but I did a search and didn't see it.

I put a dab of olive oil on my iron skillet and rubbed it in. They took 3-4 pieces of string cheese and cut them into 3 pieces long ways. Arranged them in the skillet and cooked it until the bottom formed a crust. While that was cooking, I put a few slices of pepporonnis around the pan so they could heat up and get a little crispy. Then put about a tablespoon of pizza sauce (the kind I have was 5 carbs in 1/4 cup) and smeared it all around the cheese, then topped it with the pepporonnis. I then folded it up like an omlet and slid it onto my plate. BOY WAS IT GOOD!!!