Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 17:31
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello, Team! Geeez... I'm late! Is anybody still here?

First of all... Graham... those are darling children. NOT hunks... but darling children. And 800 pixels W I D E. Whoa! It was a bit of a chore reading all the posts that came after the picture of the kiddies. Had to move the screen back and forth. Maybe a girth of... say... 500 pixels next time?

And speaking of girth... I started my induction yesterday... well... sort of. I did great until I started munching on macadamia nuts. NUTS! I blew it! I did do one heck of a lot better than the day before. NO FUDGE... and I sent the rest of it home with my skinny BF this morning. I keep Snickers on hand for him... but fudge is no longer welcome in this house!

This morning I took a walk with my girlfriend. We took it slow and easy...but at least we moved and enjoyed the crisp air. We're both starting over on low carbing. She gained 12 pounds over the holidays...and she's just sick over it. I didn't weigh this morning. I'm going to use yesterday's grusome weight as my starting weight. I'll adjust my stats when I after I post this.

Hi, Carol... Ela... Sewcrazy... Elihnig...jedigddss... Vivi!

Hey, Wendye, girl!
I cracked up when I read what you said about Atkid thinking a frontbutt was a bust. Brought back memories from years ago when my ex and I had a house with a pool. My twin nephews spent a lot of time with us. Once we had been swimming. We we laying in the sun on your tummies playing a board game. One of then 6-year-old nephews looked at my cleavage and said, "Auntie Carol! That looks like a BUTT!" From the mouths of babes.

Jude! Hi there! I just love the Wendye fairy! She has a kitty! and yes... she has a tummy... but geez... it ain't no frontbutt. Not by my definition anyway. My sister calls a frontbutt an "apron". Maybe an "apron" is a really big, really saggy, hangy type of frontbutt. I vote we ignore the existence of such a thing. I'd like to lose all my excess body fat and then go in for a tummy tuck. I mean... EVEN Susan Powter... flat-tummied chick that she is... got a tummy tuck after her initial weight loss! DOWN with FRONTBUTTS!

Asugar! How ya doing? I have to ask you this... even though I can't have any now... but what are these peanut butter cups you talk about? Are these low-carb? I've heard others refer to them as well. Am I missing out on something? Maybe I shouldn't know about them if I am. I'm with you... all this low-carb fakey stuff can be lethal.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 18:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%
Lightbulb

Hello all,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here (I wasn't actually going to chime in until next week - hope you still have room for one more!!). I just thought I should speak up -

Atrsy - I don't think Vivi was saying you "pissed her off" or that you were snooping in her conversation. I believe she was referring to an earlier post where she explained about an episode in a restaurant. I really don't think she was trying to "fight" or have any bad feelings, just explaining why she said "change of life" not in reference to menopause.

I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think so

Anyway, way to go Wendye in starting this thread for those of us who need a little hand up. I know I personally could use a boost (hold on!!). Many changes (good, very good) coming up for me - can't wait to get it together!!

Later (I'll keep my eyes open for a hunk next time!!),
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 18:55
Carol CA

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Grab onto my hand, tlawson! I'll hoist you up! We still have room in this wagon... and no one has fallen out yet! Fasten those seatbelts, people!
Whose turn is it to pull this thing? Wendye? Jude?
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 19:40

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Communication is a complicated thing (especailly in the written form - there is no facial expression or bosy language, no expression, tone or inflection of the voice, - so misunderstandings are bound to occur and i am surprised that they don't occur more often.)

I thnk there have been enough apologies and explanations - for the purpose of this thread a front butt is an overlarge tummy hang that gravity has not been kind to End of discussion. Down with the frontbutt.

Carol and Vivi - we luv you so stick around.

I hope no offense was taken by anyone (lurkers or posters)- we all want the same thing .... to reduce in size - all parts of our body.

Welcome to our newest travellers on the road to slimness in the red wagon.... Tlawson and Beth . Welcome welcome welcome - glad we didn't scare you off!! Plenty of room in all secitons of the wagon - i think the induction section needs to be the biggest so I have allocation the majority of seats there

Now down to LC stuff

CCA - You did so well not getting into the fudge - I am so proud of you - the nuts!!! Fiddle dee dee - not so bad - at least they won't bring on cravings/carbage bloat like fudge might.

Asugar - thanks for a start weight -- I will get weighed today - I am sure the docs will be open!!! I like to have an official weight cos my bathroom scales defy logic and are reading EEEE (error) at the moment - sad very sad!! I can move them round the bathroom and get a 10lb variance in weight usually - but not today.

TLawson - jump in anytime - good exercise anyway -- waiting for that promised hunk and possibly a plan???

So how about a bit of LC discussion - how are you going - where are those fess-ups???

I'll be back when I have weighed - get ready!! - I think I might need 2 seats and an extension seat belt..... but not for too long I hope (just as well there is no seat-charge or I might have to pay double!! like on some of your airlines)
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 20:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%
Cool

Hello all,

First of all - the hunk is going to have to wait a bit (sorry Wendye). Unfortunately, I have drawn a blank to any that I might bring along with me (oh my God, what's happening to me?!?!). I think I've spent too much time with 7 year olds lately - post Christmas and birthdays - I need more help than I thought

Even though I wasn't "officially" going to join until next week (starting new job, more time, etc.), I do have some goals for this year. Thanks Carol and Wendye for the welcome!

I guess some confession time - good news, I weighed myself yesterday (in front of my husband, so no chance to cheat ) and I weigh exactly what I weighed 7 years ago. Unfortunately, I was 9 months pregnant at the time . Sad, very sad. (I told you to hang on as you hoist me up!!).

I have been avoiding everyone for the past couple months - even my GP has noticed and gave me a call to see how I'm doing and to "invite me" to make an appointment. Can't hide from anyone, geez! However, I am ready to move on now.

This year I am determined to get healthy. I know that eating low carb is the way for me. I've been doing it (not by the book ), and boy, when I eat the wrong thing - look out!! Not a pretty sight. I have PCOS and IBS, when I'm eating properly, life is just so much better for everyone around me, ya hear what I'm saying?

Anyway, my goals are to stay with PP and eat a healthy way, drink at least 100 oz of water a day (I don't drink much else, so it's not that hard - just not too close to betime, please!!), keep my carbs to around 30 g per day (not quite induction levels, but these work for me), and to actually use my glider for something other than a spiffy clothes hanger!

I know this WOE works - my triglycerides were dramatically lowered by doing it (and not even that well). Not to say they can't be better, because I'm sure my doctor would like to see that (poop, I've still got to call her back to accept her invitation ).

Anyway, enough for now. I'll try to remember a hunk next time - please forgive me.

Off to drink some water,
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 21:23

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome tlawson, jedigddss, Elihnig, Graham Hope I didn't miss anyone. This thread moves a little too fast for me to keep up..

Ok, I've been a good girl all day! Maybe because when I stepped on the scale it said 305 this morning! That's a grand total of 10 lbs in 2 months!!!! I will adjust my stats "again" so the record is true for today. If it comes off before this weekend, then I know it was water and not real weight and I'll readjust. I've had all the negative shock treatment I can stand for this year! It's on to possitive shock treatment from now on.

OK, official weight logged in at 305 Wendye!

Alright Carol CA, fess up girlfriend.. what did the scale say?

Wendye, I read somewhere that you were making a goal of a combined 50 lb loss for the month of Jan? Was that right???
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 21:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default OK, I admitted that I am a Carb-O-Holic and this proves it!

~~

OK gang, time for me to "get-into-it" (that big ole' wagon)...Atkins Induction it is, for me, for the next 2 weeks, only meat, cheese, eggs, lettuce & green veggies! I won't bore you guys with my daily menus, 'cause believe me they will be plain and very unexciting...it's easier for me that way, for two weeks...the 1st three days are tuff, but, on the 4th day I'll be on my way!!! It'll be much smoother sailin' after that.

The bad news 1st, I've had to bite-the-bullet and adjust my stats to show that some of the weight I lost since March 2002, has found me again!...yikes!!! (eleven lbs yep, 11)

The good news is that I'm already back to drinking 80 - 100 ozs of water per day
I buy anything in a 20 oz real glass bottle ~ something funky like "diet air" and pour out the contents so that I can use the glass bottle the drink out of at work! We have water coolers and I enjoy drinking it more from a glass bottle ~ (I think my lips are allergic to plastic...lol). I like water and it tastes even better in glass. I drink at least (3) 20 oz bottles at work...then at least (2) more after I get home in the evening.

I'm taking all my supplements everyday:
1 tablet OneSource vitamin/multimineral with Lutein (32 vitamins & minerals) ~
2 tablets Citracal Plus (Calcium Citrate with Magnesium, Vitamin D, and other minerals) ~
1 softgel Omega-3, Flax, & Borage Combination ~
1 DermaVite (Essential Vitamins, Minerals, and Antioxidants) for healthy skin ~
and even though I don't believe that I have a high metabolic resistance to weight loss, I still take L-carnitine. ~
I take only one prescription drug and it's a blood pressure medication 25mgs (which is 1/2 the dosage that I was taking before Atkins...cut down after 3 mts of LCing)...a reminder too, that my cholesterol reading went down 28 points after Atkins.

I've got the writing on the wall...IF YOU DON'T CHEAT this WOE WORKS, plain and simple...PERIOD!

I have a fabulous blouse that I bought on ebay that makes me look like a stuffed sausage...
My first mini-goal is for that blouse to be a perfect fit and that should happen before the end of my two weeks induction period...

After that I'll set another mini-goal for myself that I'd like to reach by the end of March (my 1 year anniversary here and the one year anniversary of my friendship with my Wendye Frendye!) Seems like I've known her forever though, and I now consider her my "forever friend"!

Welcome everyone who has joined us since I was last here!
I'm proud to be here with all of you! ...NOW ONWARD!

I've brought a "HUNK" for "Induction Inspiration"!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arealhunk.jpg (18.5 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by heyjude607 : Wed, Jan-01-03 at 21:56.
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 22:01
Carol CA

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Teresa... I had to laugh about using your glider as a clothes rack! That is so true of so many! I've seen all sorts of exercise equipment at garage sales... and we've laughed many times over that very thing. I'd say a majority of equipment that ends up in a garage sale was first a clothes drier! I have a nice treadmill that I'm happy to say has never been used as a clothes hanger. But hey... it's in the garage! Trust me... if it was in my bedroom or anywhere handier, it would be an over-priced hanger, too!

Ela... you are NOT going to make me type that dastardly, embarrassing weight again, lady. I've undated my stats. Just look to the left... but don't gasp too loudly. I'm up 5.5 pounds over a few pieces of FUDGE, 2 spoons of corn casserole, a 1/4" slice of mincemeat pie and a paper-thin slice of kahlua cake. Now how fair is that? It ain't! It really is scary to me that I can gain 5.5 pounds by eating less than a half a pound of cheats. Does that suck... or what.

I did better today. I overindulged in almonds today... but not as badly as I did yesterday with those wonderful-yet-evil macadamias. I have such little self-control.

Oh, Jude... Your hunk is a TRUE hunk! Now THAT is our kinda guy! Hussa hussa!

Hey, Wendye... you said we're going to work as a team and see if we can lose 50 pounds this month. Are we going to have a set weigh-in/report day?
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 01:07

BF:

Hey Ela - yes as Carol CA says the group goal is 50lb for the month of Jan -- quite gettablel I thought - want a realistic goal so we can all celebrate!!!! - I'm not stooopid!

Jude's quote:
Quote:
I have a fabulous blouse that I bought on ebay that makes me look like a stuffed sausage...

Sweetie you'd be the cutest stuffed sausage on the forum LMAO

HeyJude -- that is one hellova hunk - wait til he sees it!!!!

Now about a weight day -- I don't mind when you weigh - just let me know the loss - i don't want to force anyone into a particular day ..... If we started on the 1st - that's a Wednesday - but that seems a funny day to weigh in -- and we won't have any total until we start to lose.....so this is easier

Just post your 'losings' (eg - down 3lbs this week!!) and I will keep a cumulative score each time I post. (tha'ts easier than me trying to keep track of your stats myself too)

I guess if 'we' put on (God Forbid ) you will likewise have to fessup and I will adjust the score.

Theresa - I was meaning to come to your journal cos i thought that was you that I knew from earlier - last year!!!

Anyway I gotta go - and have a drink of water still haven't weight ... but soon.

Last edited by Wendye : Thu, Jan-02-03 at 01:23.
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 01:11

BF:

Hey everyone Joanie is on her way over!!!!

I don't know how long it'll take her to get here but move on over
and get ready to give her a hand up!!!

C'mon Joanie you can sit with me and Jude!!!

Last edited by Wendye : Thu, Jan-02-03 at 01:12.
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 02:00

Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Well I am offically here........

Geeezzzz Got on the scale this morning and this metal boing went on.. not a good sound at all.. I do not have a cheap scale I have one of thos Health-o-Meter ones.. but It says I weighed a total now of 167.. So that is my weight.. up a few pounds.. Why I do not know but that is were I am starting.. I will make a point to go to the gym and weigh in there too..

So Wendye Friendye please put me in for 167

Okay ladies I am IN, full fleged or pledged IN..

It is now 2do something in the morning and I am up for the day.. so let's see what I can get myself into today.. I am planning on hitting the gym this morning.. hey I am up so off I go....The place is going to be a mad house at that time.. everybody and there mothers made a commitment to lose weight this year and they and ME will be there now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the late Welome but yes, Welcome, Welcome tlawson , jedigddss , Elihnig , and Graham /.. It is very nice to meet you and to get to know you all..

I will be back.... aren't you glad I gave a warning...

Wendye.. I am fine honies and I am sticking with ya..
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 02:08

BF:

Well I went to the doctor's and could hardly believe my weight - no wonder my bathroom scales were reading with an error message.

I have adjusted muy stats and I am hoping 3 is a luck number for me - take a good look cos it's the heaviest I have ever been or WILL ever be. (Hey Vivi, Sugar and Jude - I am at least d-o-u-b-l-e your weight - what a terrible thought!) But does that also means I am twice as nice - ro there is twice as much to luv - me hope so!

Anyway I am on the road to slimness and I will not be side-tracked (much ).

Measurements to come once I revive from the weight shock.

Last edited by Wendye : Thu, Jan-02-03 at 02:15.
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 02:23
Carol CA

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

I just caught up on this thread... and I felt a surge of excitement. I'm a very slow loser... so being on a team of "losers" feels a little scary to me. Sort of like being a REALLY bad bowler and being on a team. You know... I'm afraid of holding the team back from meeting our 50 pound goal this month... and bringing home the trophy! Silly... I know. ON THE OTHER HAND... the excitement comes in thinking that maybe... just MAYBE... this will motivate me to do better... knowing that others are counting on me. What the heck. I'll give it a try! If nothing else, I can pull the damn wagon!

This is so much fun!
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 02:25

BF:
Default Wendye...

When I was a little and I mean little.. Maybe 5 years old.. I with my father.. No one in my family is overweight.. I had never seen a "fat" person before.. I asked my father Why did that person look like that and he said.. Because sometime some people have MORE TO LOVE THAN OTHERS.. How quick witted he was at that time.. but that always stayed with me..

So theres my answer to your triple 3's.............

GOTTA LOVE YA BABY.............

#120   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 02:37

BF:
Default Hi Carol......

it is time for incantation for you.. you need to just start saying, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.. and I am going to ask Wendye or another LC'er out there.. to find a moterized one so no one can say they are pulling this month!!!

Sorry did I just bumb you out... no you can do this , you can do this.. did I mention you can do this??

hugs

Last edited by vivi621 : Thu, Jan-02-03 at 02:40.