Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Registered Member
Size 16!!!!!! First time in 15 years!
Posted by MayLisa
Posted Sun, Jan-05-03
Female 5'2"
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/260/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Size 16!!!!!! First time in 15 years!

I went shopping yesterday to take advantage of the after-Christmas sales. I saw two Leslie Fay suits, size 16, drastically reduced. I bought them and decided to put them away for spring, thinking I will fit into them by then. I started Atkins on 7/8/02 at 250 lbs, size 26. Lately, I've been wearing size 20's, which are getting loose on me. (I was 189lbs on 12/20, the last time I weighed myself.) Imagine my surprise when I got home, tried on the suits, and they just about fit! Another 10 lbs and they'll look really good on me. I couldn't believe it! I haven't fit into a size 16 in about fifteen years...around 1987! Maybe they just run really big, but I don't care. I'm still in a state of shock! This feels really good, though unreal. There's a part of me that still can't believe I am being successful at this weight loss thing. I've been a failure for so long, that it's just hard to get my mind around it, but I'm working on it!
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by DDMariana on Sun, Jan-05-03, 13:01

May Lisa...Good for you!!

I can feel your excitement...and I can relate as well! I just got out of my size 12's and into a 10 jeans for the first time since before high school!!

And I started at 10 pounds higher than your highest ...so I KNOW that thrill...you'll be there so soon...you're so close...

No one knows that feeling of putting on something and having it FIT after wearing clothes for years we wouldn't be caught dead in now!! New body, new outlook, new life!!

Keep on doin' what you're doin'...Congratulations!!

13 comments [read all comments]