Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 08:21
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Smile don't know where else to post this commendation

I don't where else to post this but I do want to say:
I really really really commend the founder, moderators and everyone on this list. I think that this idea of a war zone is so open minded and comfortable. It truly shows how secure and accepting this forum is.
I have been on others where discussions of the "war" nature were greeted with bashing and banishing. To be honest, I once posted an honest opinion on a list and my thread was summarily erased when it did not coincide with the list owner's point of view or pocket book.
And even more important, by being so open, honest, and knowledgeable I think that perhaps it gives many people time to reconsider their own woe,wol etc and to either maybe give low carb a try or search on armed with lots of good info.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 06:07

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 228/185/154 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

I agree. You don't get all one view, just people's ideas and experience.
'You pays your money and you takes your choice' as they say. except you don't pay!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 11:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/165/120
BF:
Progress: 10%

I agree as well, I'm a depater by nature, this gives me the opportunity to tell people my views and info
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 06:03

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I think it is great because it forces everyone to be willing and open to recieve criticism about their new WOL and WOE...Almost like soldiers, ready to stand and defend!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 14:34

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

I agree that the founders and moderators of this forum did exceptionally well in creating the War-Zone. I once expressed a very unpopular opinion on another forum and the moderator locked the thread even though I cited many links to scientific research that upheld my position. Needless to say, I no longer use that forum and am so glad to have found this one. Thanks again!