Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-09, 19:31

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 197/154.8/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Halfway!!!

So, last week I passed the 50% mark in my weight loss. Starting at 197, I'm now 166.6, heading for 140.

I started July 1st 2008, so this has taken 7 months so far. My current weight loss is slow but steady. I'm following Neanderthin, but admit to occasional cheating. I've also been taking Irvingia for the past 2 months, but can't know for sure if my improved weight loss is due to that (it's not supposed to work so well for low-carbers) or due to the stress of my husband moving out (midlife crisis sucks).

BUT - the best part is that I haven't felt deprived at all on this diet. I miss bread, but don't miss the side effects of eating it! And I love being able to order a side of bacon at a cafe (like I did this morning) without guilt!

I usually have bacon and eggs for breakfast, a hamburger patty or salad with chicken for lunch, some kind of meat and veggies for dinner, lots of nuts for snacks and some chocolate (I know, it's not on the diet, but a girl's gotta LIVE).

Now I'm getting impatient to reach my goal, so I plan to start weight training (I've been slacking on exercise, I admit). I did get a drum set for Xmas and find that if I practice long enough, I work up a sweat!

53Free
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-09, 19:34

BF:

#3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-09, 20:19

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Congrats, weight training is great it gives you calorie burning muscle. Not, too much though cause it will cause your appetite to spike upwards. Speaking from experience.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-09, 21:49

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Congrats 53Free--Awesome progress!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 00:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/255/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -88%

Great progress, congratulations!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 06:26

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 260/198/145 Female 65
BF:I do
Progress: 54%

Congratulations!!! I started around the same time as you. I'm not quite at the half way mark yet though, as I had more to lose than you... but isn't this just the greatest way of eating ever??!

I started serious exercise at #30 down. It has slowed me just a bit, but I am convinced it will be worth it in the end.

Sorry about your husband. I hope you're handling that well, and remember... in the long run it might be OK! So proud of you for not blowing it during that hard time.

You go girl! Continue on and before you know it you'll be at your goal looking hot and feeling even better!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 10:46

BF:

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Funny, I never found weight training to increase my appetite- aerobic exercise does that. PLus, the nice thing about weight training is that even when you're not losing weight, you're usually getting smaller.

Hmmm, now that my husband has moved out, I might even move the weight bench from the garage into my bedroom (he hated any kind of clutter...).

Onward!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 10:52

BF:

"Sorry about your husband. I hope you're handling that well, and remember... in the long run it might be OK! "

Thanks for the reminder, Pammieanne. You're right, of course - he might come back, OR I might find a happier life with another guy who's not so prone to mood swings and persnickety-ness; who knows?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 12:08

BF:

Oh, and I forgot to mention my latest diet aid - braces! I just got those Invisalign plastic braces, and since you have to take them off to eat, and have to brush them and your teeth before you put the back in, it definitely puts a crimp in mindless snacking!!!!

Hmmmmm....just picturing myself in a few months, at goal weight, in a bikini, with straight teeth...... and H eating his heart out ;>)
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 21:29

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

...revenge dieting!.. The best kind! you go girl! make him eat his heart out!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 22:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

Congrats on your accomplishment!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 00:25

BF:

"...revenge dieting!.. The best kind! "

LOL!!! I love that phrase. "Revenge dieting"!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 01:34
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

That was my thought, too, reading your post--hubby is going to take notice in a few more months when you hit 140~ at which point it might be a moot point for him.

Regarding chocolate: I have discovered the Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate bars. They're big, and very LC, and I find a small portion very, very satisfying. That will satisfy my chocolate craving, instead of setting off a feeding frenzy, and it's self-limiting--I think that's how `normals' relate to chocolate--a little is nice, and then--no more! I free-feed on it at will, and it doesn't seem to slow me down (any further, that is--I'm finding this is a slow boat for me as well--also started in July, also about halfway there). I eat it with a handful of raw walnuts, and am very satisfied, as well as feeling like I'm getting my superfood nutrients in. Warning, though: I crave it if I go for too long without it.

Congrats on hitting such a milestone--you must feel terrific at 166. It's been a few years, but I remember feeling lean and limber and having lots of clothes to choose from at that weight--and it will only get better! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for posting--love the inspiration that I find on the milestones forum.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-09, 15:21

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Free
I did get a drum set for Xmas and find that if I practice long enough, I work up a sweat!

Not to mention some tighter abs and stronger "core".
Upper thighs, too!

Enjoy your halfway point! You give us all hope.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-09, 16:15

BF:

Yeah, my right thigh anyway will be buff and toned!

OMG - I think you solved my mystery. I was wondering how it was, that the pants I bought 4 weeks ago are now loose and the pants that were tight last week now fit, even though my weight loss has only been about a pound a week and I really haven't been exercising. I forgot about the drumming!!!!

Next thing you know, I'll look like Sheila E.! (Who I just saw in concert, she is FABULOUS!!!!!!)