Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 08:58

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

PROGRAM CHANGES:

Using LipoFlush in place of Tight (gotta cycle that guggul) ...

Breakfast is now Nitrotech.

Adding in Methyl-D (1 tab, 5x day) and DIM-Plus (2 caps, 4x day).

Lunch will always be a salad w/ chicken or beef, and have dark green veggies and tomoto present.

Dinner is 1 serving Power Butter (protein and EFA fortified peanut butter) on Reduced carb whole wheat with an EAS or Atkins shake.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 02:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/225/200 Male 72 inches
BF:25%/22%/15%
Progress: 75%

Why did you cycle off of Tight? Is LypoFlush supposed to be better?

I'm been on Tight 2 weeks now (1 cap twice a day) and i recently began stacking 7-Keto dhea along with the Tight (1 100mg cap twice a day). When I run out of this should I try LypoFlush or continue with Tight?

What are your opinions on T-REx (Thermorenix)? Better/worse than Tight?
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 06:51

Stats: 195/165/145 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress:

Hey Dan!

You look like you've really got your body figured out to a tee and that's so inspirational. I'm just starting actual bodybuilding after years of trying to "get tone" I may even compete in a local competition if I can get my body fat low enough. Any advice that you might have about training while doing low carb would be awesome!!

How is Protein Butter more importantly, because when I was checking it out it looked like a hoax. The serving size is larger (which obviously adds more protein) and the calorie content it a lot! higher which means that for the same calories you could have pretty much that amount of regular peanut butter. What are your opinions on it?

I hope that you stay on track (as if you need the extra help) and any advice you might need on injury prevention or care, feel free to ask. I'm majoring in Athletic Training and I'm a senior, so I might be a good person to bounce ideas off of.

Have a great day!!
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 11:26

Doc - I like to cycle my guggul use ... Tight has gugulsterones in it, Lipoflush doesn't. That's the only real reason.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 11:55
Registered Member

Stats: 299/225/200 Male 72 inches
BF:25%/22%/15%
Progress: 75%
Default guggulsterones

Dan,
I read about LipoFlush and the LipoFlush Proprietary Complex is 3228 mg (full of many ingredients) and listed as an ingredient is guggulsterones Z&E. Did you switch to this product b/c it contains less guggul's than Tight? Should I also cycle off guggul's for a while and is there a benefit to doing so?
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 12:04

Ya know what? I didn't see that. Hmm. Yeah, looks like it doesn't have as many, but still, it's better to cycle them.

Thanks for the heads up. Usually those "proprietary complex" catch-alls are not enough of anything to make an impact, so I skip over them. Should have looked closer I guess.
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:10

Default Setting up ... Dan in the City ....

OK, so I made the move to Philly ... joined a new gym, got my schedule back, and I am off and running ...

I do my best when I can hit the gym right after work, and now I can do that. I go straight to the gym after work, workout, hit the market for dinner stuff and lunch the next day ... and even found a tanning place which is right near the gym and market. Hit it all in one close trip, then walk a mile home for bonus cardio. I love it!

Anyway, I am switching back to the CKD-based workout that I have gotten results from in the past ...

Which means I will be:

Monday: going heavy on compound exercises
Tuesday: double split cardio
Wednesday: Supersets
Thursday: Interval cardio
Friday: Supersets/Depletion
Saturday: Off
Sunday: maybe active recovery/light sports

After weights, I will do 20 mins of cardio on the Crosstrainer. Each session I will go further (distance) than the previous workout.

Plan on tanning on Tues, Thurs, and Sunday ... as long as I am not pink.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:09

Yesterday:

20 minutes on Crosstrainer, fat burn program

Calories: 359
Distance: 1.97 miles

Also walked 1 mile to the gym and 1 mile home.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 07:53

Thursday 4/22/04

Interval cardio ... 20 minutes ... Precor .... Program #5 ....

Burned 225 cals.

Did 5 mins warm-up, then alternated 1 min intense with 1 minute recovery (for 10 mins), then 5 mins easy at the end.
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 15:39

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainerdan

Plan on tanning on Tues, Thurs, and Sunday ... as long as I am not pink.
Oh Dan,
after spending almost an hour to solve the logistical problem to protect myself from sun, without looking a moron with sunglasses and desert cap at 5 AM, without getting heat stroke, etc. during our tomorrows 21 miler, I was AMUSED to read that somebody crazy enoguh to include TANNING in his training plan:-)))

Ok, I am just kidding. I know that to be tanned is important for bodybuilders, (I still remember to read how Schwarzenegger advice against any kind of "fake" painted tanning), and I know/hope tanning salons somehow safer than sun.

I wish I could send you a couple of hours California sun. Even if it is cloudy you can burn....

Have a wonderful weekend, and looking forward to see pics of your tanned divine body.

Eva

Last edited by Galadriell : Fri, Apr-23-04 at 18:49.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 07:22

Eva, LOL, yeah I guess it is kind of silly to have tanning in there ... but it DOES accentuate muscle definition more than my pasty white God given complexion. Just one of those bodybuilding things, along with the absence of body hair.

---

OK, Friday 4/23/04 DEPLETION!

Incline DB Press superset w/ Incline DB flyes: 3 x 8 ~ 35, 50, 50

One Arm DB Rows: 3 x 8 ~ 60

Pressdowns: 3 x 8 ~ 90, 110, 150

Shrugs: 3 x 8 ~ 90, 140, 140

Single Leg Xt: 3 x 8 ~ 70, 100, 100

Normally do single leg presses instead of the Leg Xts, but my glutes and hamstrings are still a tad sore. Same with biceps ... normally do an undergrip pulldown/pressdown superset, but the guns are a little sore. :-)

Did add in Glute/ham raises to kill time when the power rack that I do my shrugs in was tied up by somone doing 65 lb. bench presses. RRRRRRRR. Like there aren't 2 other Olympic benches they could use.

Cardio:

Crosstrainer, Fat Burn set to 125 bpm ... 20 mins

Distance: 2.37 miles
Calories: 365

... and I'm spent ... LOL ... Really, a great workout. Had trouble with the last 5 mins of the cardio since I was REALLY tapped, but then Britney (hmmm ... blonde, athletic ...) came on the video screen and made enough of a distraction that I got thru the rest of the workout.

Thanks Britney!
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 05:47

Default Monday 4/26/04

MONDAY 4/26/04 ... HEAVY, COMPOUND WORKOUT

Carb-up went well, need to eat more next week I think. My schedule was a little hectic and judging by my weight re-gain (or lack thereof), I would say I need more carbs.

Went into the weekend at 227, came out at 232.

The workout:

Power Squat: (8 reps ~ 90 lbs, 8 reps ~ 180) 6 reps ~ 270, 6 reps ~ 360, 4 reps ~ 410.

Inlcine Press: (8 reps ~ 90) 8 reps ~ 180, 6 reps ~ 200, 4 reps ~ 250

Cable Row: 8 reps ~ 120, 6 reps ~ 140, 4 reps ~ 160

I wanted to do Dips and glute/ham raises, but people were camped out on them forever. I hate that. LOL. One dude was using the back extension apparatus for every version of his ab crunch. I wanted to kick the thing out from under him, but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. LOL.

So, I jumped on the CrossTrainer for cardio:

20 mins, fat burn, 2.19 miles, 345 cals

Didn't beat Friday's cardio, but my legs were already throbbing/getting tight from the heavy squats. Didn't want to chance it. Walked an extra mile in the city to make up for it (total: 2.19 in gym and 3 miles on street). Miserable rainy day in Philly.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 09:43

TUESDAY 4/27/04 ... CARDIO (moderate day)

20 mins empty stomach cardio, with 3 tabs Lipoflush

Distance: 2 miles
Cals: 318

Tanned, 12 mins, low intensity bed

Massage, deep tissue/sports ... tight in my psoas (need to stretch more) and rhomboids were a mess (need to stretch and do full ROM on row motions)

Found the competition I want to do this summer ... I couldn't find Mr. South Jersey listed on the schedules anywhere, so I found one in Philly for an amateur bodybuilding federation. August 21 ... 17 weeks away.

This one is unique because they have a class for "athletic body", which is just below bodybuilding. If they think you are too big for Athletic, they bump you up to Bodybuilding ...

So, I am gonna register to compete in the Athletic body competition, since I am not sure I will be big enough for a bodybuilding competition.

I am excited!!
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 19:46

WEDNESDAY 4/28/04

LIFTING SUPERSETS ...

OK, decided that I would do a core muscle workout since I have been neglecting it a bit recently ... Did sets of core exercises with intermittent interval cardio ...

Glute/Ham Raises: 2 sets to failure ~ 129.5 lbs.
Cobras: 2 sets, static hold to failure
Pelvic Tilts: 2 sets to failure ~ 129.5 lbs.
Top Position Deadlift: 1 set x 8 reps ~ 129.5 lbs
Crunch, top 1/4 reps: 2 sets, static hold to failure
Side plank: 2 sets, static hold to failure ~ bodyweight

The second set was a bit less intense as the first, but still a gooood workout.
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 19:50

THURSDAY 4/29/04 - INTERVALS

Did cardio today ... 45 mins of intervals ... Had to use Precor since CrossTrainers were all taken ...

Burned 511 calories. Also stretched my hamstrings, glutes, and psoas since it is a problem area. Tanned 12 mins, maybe a whole 15 next time. LOL.

Tomorrow ... Depletion and cardio ... BRING ON THE CARBS!

Last edited by Trainerdan : Thu, Apr-29-04 at 21:08.