Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-21, 04:10

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Diet Doctor has written another guide reflecting Dr Naiman's approach with simple tips for how to change the foods on a typical keto or low carb list to a Higher Protein, Lower Fat diet.

Top 10 tasty ways to eat more protein and less fat

https://www.dietdoctor.com/high-protein/top-10-ways

Just a few weeks ago, I also started with a usual "keto" food list, and then had written my own list of the foods I changed or added….but wow, this is so much nicer. Same foods, with macro numbers to compare, and slick photos.

The only section emphasized more is the fact I eat way more vegetables. No limiting veggies to a few cups or 20g net carbs. I add more fiberous vegetables, for more nutrients and satiation for very low calories. There is some tiny protein involved, but this change is for the filling fiber and satiating nutrients.

Like Dr Eenfeldt's comment at the end of dessert section….Protein Ice Cream is the best!
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 06:34

A new Retweet on Ted Naiman's feed, short & sweet:

Quote:
I'd been low carb for 2+ years. Lost 20 lbs. Stayed low carb and tripled protein. Dropped 35 lbs in 4 months. It works. P:E works.
  #198   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 10:24

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Diet Doctor has written another guide reflecting Dr Naiman's approach with simple tips for how to change the foods on a typical keto or low carb list to a Higher Protein, Lower Fat diet.

Top 10 tasty ways to eat more protein and less fat

https://www.dietdoctor.com/high-protein/top-10-ways

Just a few weeks ago, I also started with a usual "keto" food list, and then had written my own list of the foods I changed or added….but wow, this is so much nicer. Same foods, with macro numbers to compare, and slick photos.

The only section emphasized more is the fact I eat way more vegetables. No limiting veggies to a few cups or 20g net carbs. I add more fiberous vegetables, for more nutrients and satiation for very low calories. There is some tiny protein involved, but this change is for the filling fiber and satiating nutrients.

Like Dr Eenfeldt's comment at the end of dessert section….Protein Ice Cream is the best!

I agree. After reading this, it's an excellent summary. Considering how long the public has been brainwashed to eliminate fat, the 'not low fat' statement in the article is required, as it's all relative given the current fear of fat belief system that is still so pervasive today.
  #199   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 08:15

If you don’t already have The P:E Diet book, an excellent article with a 50% discount code for the instant download.

How and why to eat more protein

https://www.dietdoctor.com/high-pro...at-more-protein
  #200   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 06:23

A new interview with Dr Naiman, conducted by Dr Jamie Seeman, or Dr Fit and Fabulous. Nothing new but good tips on where to be on "low carb" depending on your goal and current health, how much fiber, the few blood tests he uses. Ted is even getting away from fasting insulin, saying it can be influenced by what you eat, or don’t, three days before. Mine has been under 5 for a decade eating low carb, but like a good student before the finals, was strict with my diet the week before https://youtu.be/wPwG3ifspsQ

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Oct-05-21 at 12:20.
  #201   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 13:01

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
If you don’t already have The P:E Diet book, an excellent article with a 50% discount code for the instant download.

How and why to eat more protein

https://www.dietdoctor.com/high-pro...at-more-protein
Thanks for the link Janet

I've been thinking of switching to a higher protein diet, so I've downloaded the book, and look forward to reading it.
  #202   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 12:19

Demi, hope you are enjoying the book.

This podcast/video cast with Dr. Eenfeldt on the evolution of DietDoctor includes a number of interesting comments on increasing protein and how Dr. Naiman's work has been incorporated into their low-carb advice.
https://optimisingnutrition.com/evo...ldt/#more-25315
  #203   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-21, 05:32

I probably mentioned Bett Lucas before, but yesterday I listened to all three of her interviews with Dr. Ted Naiman. Basic, simple tips to be successful with a P:E Diet, e.g. drop the cream, alcohol, nuts, etc.
There were two episodes last September, and One this summer. https://bettlucas.com/2020/10/19/po...uest-dr-naiman/

And a new podcast heard this morning on my walk, with an ICU doctor in Ottawa, Solving Healthcare. Much I heard before but the best comment about snacking was why most Keto people who eat pork rinds are not at ideal body weight.
Again no extended fasting (example of Dr. Peter Attia losing lean mass), up the protein, add above ground vegetables with fiber, and what I've found, following P:E Diet 80-90% of the time will get you there. These diet breaks have truly helped me stick to it and still lose 14 months into it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podca...i=1000537569458

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Oct-15-21 at 06:37.
  #204   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 09:18

BF:

Quote:

This podcast/video cast with Dr. Eenfeldt on the evolution of DietDoctor includes a number of interesting comments on increasing protein and how Dr. Naiman's work has been incorporated into their low-carb advice.

Watched this interview when it hit my inbox 10 days ago. Very valuable for those who haven't had a chance to view it. One of the many reasons I value DietDoctor is due to the fact that they provide sound information on many variations of low carb and stay abreast of the most recent research and nutritional success methods. There's no agenda on this site, just good approaches to nutritional health with variations for individual needs.

Question: Why does Marty always look like he just woke up? He looks like he's burning the candle from both ends . . . .
  #205   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 12:39

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:

Thanks Janet, I am.

It looks like I need to make some changes with what I'm eating this time around, and this may be a good way forward for me.
  #206   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 05:06

Quote:
Question: Why does Marty always look like he just woke up? He looks like he's burning the candle from both ends . . . .
Because he has and does. He awakes 4-5 am Brisbane time to see US activity, check with Alex in Austin, and do interviews. Then has a full-time job as a transportation engineer! Monitors his wife's closed loop insulin pump and parents two teenagers. His motto is sleep is overrated

Plus he is always planning for the future. The paid Challenges will move to another platform January, not on FB. The other open groups will stay on FB. Plus an interesting twist to Baselining through the Thanksgiving DDF.

Edit a few hours later: Here I was trying to cleverly hint at changes coming. Alex just posted the following big hint on the October Challenge Page:

Quote:
Unlimited Challenges and Access to the app?

We got you covered: https://www.datadrivenfasting.com/ddf-unlimited

Exciting bonus: we are starting a new and exciting journey in 2022 and all unlimited members will be a part of it. Hint: less distractions, more focus on your goals and our community.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Oct-21-21 at 08:15.
  #207   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 09:19

BF:

Take it from one who knows, you can only flirt with sleep deprivation for so long, then you pay the price. I hope he's planning a transition strategy to a more sane schedule.

Good news on the 2022 unlimited program. As mentioned, Alex indicated changes were in the works a while back. Sounds like I can now participate and still maintain my ultimate objective to avoid social media. Good stuff.
  #208   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-21, 15:15

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 165/165/000 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones
Anyone following Dr. Ted Naiman? He finally issued a book last year thePEdiet.com. Before this, he seemed to call his plan Burn Fat Not Sugar, and still runs that website and FB site.

His plan is basically:

--high protein (at least 1 gram per pound of ideal body weight). He recommends high quality protein, like meat, fish, chicken, seafood, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, etc. .

How do you determine your ideal body weight?
  #209   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-21, 17:59

For women, it is 100 pounds for 5 feet tall (men 110 pounds for 5 ft) plus 5 pounds for every inch above that.
I'm 5’9”, so my ideal is 145 pounds, my goal is 145 grams of protein. I aim for 50+ grams at each of two meals in a 6-8 hour window, and usually have a yogurt/cottage cheese, protein powder snack/dessert in addition, I had to work up to that much, protein and vegetables with fiber is very filling.
  #210   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 06:06

Today will be another step for me being public about my weight and using the The PE diet to lose, in total now, 75+ pounds. The fitness director at our club asked if I would share how I lost weight as November's "member of the month". Marty had published the DDF part all over his social media, so why not at this point? Some women in the aerobics classes have known me for 25 years, yet only a few commented on my weight loss or asked how I did it in the 3 months I was in swimsuit.