Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#301   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-23, 15:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hiya peeps!

Cold as a witch's teat around here today. Yesterday and today I've gone out in full regalia: balaclava with a hat over it, heated ski gloves, long parka. Each dog walk is about 15 minutes and I keep her hustling! The temps aren't too bad- low 30s but a NNW wind at 20 mph keeps things feeling quite cold!

Happy birthday weekend, Jaz! I celebrate you! I hope your visit with Mom and her husband goes well and you get some nice talk time plus time to decompress and breathe.

A book club every 2 weeks would be a lot of reading to fit in, but it might be a nice social time.

Well Trig, I am sorry you aren't feeling great. That stinks! Stay in and recuperate!

Lori sounds like you will be in as well. Winter doldrums for sure!

•••••

I'm pretty ready to head back to the MD house but DS21 has a gig tonight so I'm waiting to go back til tmrw bc he still needs a ride. Hopefully his car will be up and running soon. I am trying to be patient- accidents happen and this is just an inconvenience.

DIL had a birthday and is now DIL25. They celebrated with a great day in NYC including a carriage ride through Central Park, tea at The Plaza and seeing Hamilton. Making the most of their time in NYC! DH and I plan to go visit them in April.

I've enjoyed my time hanging out. Oh, I did weigh in on Jan 13th. I lost 3.8 since my last weigh in, which was early December, and 9.8 since Nov 2nd. Just gonna keep on doing what I'm doing. Life is good and I am blessed indeed.
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-23, 04:41

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Another cold & windy morning. Gabby in no hurry to go outside, but wanted her breakfast and lap time early as usual. I was sleeping so well when she decided to get up. Makes me fuzzy headed to be rudely awakened.

A new issue with Betty. I believe she has what is called Weeping Edema of the lower legs. No open wounds, but her lower legs and sheets underneath are wet. Fluid seeping out thru her pores. Sigh......I know when we call her visiting nurse, they are going to want to wrap them and she won't put up with that. She would never let compression stockings on or leg wraps when they have tried to do it before. Plus....I am not trained to take care of wrapping legs etc. I don't want to have to try to do it. She is not in any pain and we are just trying to keep her comfortable at this point. She had stopped taking her fluid pills, but I told her she has to take them. She said she would. She hates taking them because of being incontinent.....you can imagine. Ok...enough of that.

------------

Nic.....Safe travels back to MD. Hope DS's car is ready to go so you don't have to be Mom's taxi service for long.

Trig....Hope you're feeling better today.

Jaz.....Enjoy your Sunday even though you have company. It sounds like you have some fun things planned.

------------

No big plans today unless I have to go to Betty's. I told DH to put a clean pad under her legs and "M" and I will change the bed tomorrow. I feel like I'm in charge of a nursing home. Sigh.......

Well, I'm hungry this morning......nerves. On it goes.
  #303   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-23, 05:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz happy birthday 'weekend'?? How come most of us get 1 day for bday but you are claiming an entire weekend Hope it goes well.
what you guys doing? all ok?

yea there is walking on the beach, strolling along for scenery and socializing in a nice town and at our pace, and then there is 'forced work hard core march' you gotta take on in your day. I so get ya. Forced and work stressed day. Feel for ya on it. Tough to tackle a 'job' again where ya can't do it in your jammies!

Lori...hope things go well with Betty. You are running a nursing home at this point. I felt the same on my mom towards the hard core end. It is total caregiving and it is hard to handle for sure. Thank the heavens MIL is doing so well in her facility. She loves it and I am so happy she loves it

winter duldrums. got them too. just keep chanting, early spring, early early spring

Nicco. sounds nice on the NYC birthday! to be young and have fun. nothing like it

Super congrats on lbs down. Sounds like you are finding your 'niche' and what is working well for you!! Rock on with that.

heated gloves? first thing I thought I NEED THOSE and then I thought why? I ain't going on in this cold and our 'cold' here is so short. Might be nice if I buy me a 'real coat' but again, why bother for me here HAHA

-----------------feel better. woke up with head cleared to good and guts and icky seem to have left. sounds good to me

today is 2 big cheeseburgers and going to run to my little smokehouse store down the road and buy a big ol' pack of wings. I want MY chicken wings. Haven't had wings in ages now. All the sudden reading about them on this forum and my zc forum I want wings

be good all, just taking the day as it comes
  #304   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-23, 08:07

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Oh yeah I am claiming this weekend as my BIRTHDAY weekend- and all next week as my Actual birthday is tomorrow! So yeah....... I get the birthday girl pass! WHATEVER I WANT! HEHEHE

So yup the oldies are still here. I am ready for a quiet day on not having to repeat myself or explain what just went on in the show and why is everyone laughing?!?!?!? OMG........
Sighhhhhhhhh yeah...........

Lori- Goodness on Betty and those weeping legs and she has stopped taking the very medication that would stop that. She is one stubborn lady, wow.
At this point you are doing just that, making sure she is comfortable and safe. I guess she would not consent to Hospice at this point, it would get her more assistance. She is really hanging one at this point by a thread.
Do what you can and don't be afraid to tell your hubby you just can't do more. B might have to consent to more help if she wants to stay at home, but she might not consent. I dunno you have way more patience than me!

I hope you get some sun today. Winter def sucks!

Nic- are you back in MD yet? It seems like this last DE trip for you seemed a bit unsettled, maybe that is just my assumption.
What did you all decide for DS and his car situation?

AWESOME on the trending down scales! I know you got this for sure.

Trig- Glad you are feeling better and bubble guts are gone! So many "bugs" going around. So ready for Spring here too!

When are you hitting up Huntington Beach?
So, is everything squared up for Kiddo's collage? How's the French coming along?

Yum on the burgers- simple and sweet.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Today is Folly Day. The parents are not that mobile so lots of walking is out. They want to do a "drive by" to "see" Folly and come right back here and Order in from the BBQ joint 2 blocks down. I am cool with that. I have a whatever attitude right now.

Yesterday I way so tired from the long week and... and ..and... and, I fell asleep on the couch while they were watching the game by 830 and just went to bed.

So, the dude who cancelled on my last week, texted me back and you most likely don't believe I was really sick, but I was. He wished me Happy Birthday. I was shocked he did that. I thanked him and we texted a bit and I told him I would "chat later as I had company." Who knows............ Not holding my breath.

Ok- gotta run. I am being talked at and can't type and talk..... HAHAHAHAHAH
  #305   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-23, 08:53

BF:

Update:

I went with DH to see B this morning and her legs are completely dry. No more weeping.....thank goodness. She took her Lasiks pill yesterday and that seems to have done the trick. She promised she will take it every other day as the Dr. told her to do. We'll see. I was just relieved to see that they were much improved. Day by day.

DH & I made a quick trip to the grocery store and now I'm home for the day. I'm going to go do my workout, get a hot shower and crash until dinner time. I'm hoping for a few hours of peace & quiet today when DH has stuff to do.
  #306   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-23, 09:21

BF:

Lori- Yay for B having dry legs! That is definitely above your pay grade. I expect that she won't be leaving her home at all until she passes unless something really drastic happens, so you do what you can but it is not your responsibility to manage things beyond what you can manage. Hugs!

Trig- Yeah I was loving these heated gloves the past two days with 20 MPH NNW winds. 32 and windy is not my fave dog walking weather! It is sort of amazing how much a balaclava and heated gloves and a good coat will do though!

Enjoy your wings! I finished mine up last night.

Jaz- You have almost made it through the visit- proud of you! When I brought the Octogenarians to the DE house they never made it to the beach due to mobility issues.

Have a good Folly day!

•••••••••••

My DE visit has been good- Very chill, lots of downtime and craft time, and reading time and learning time. I have had a good visit, but I miss DH. I find that I tap out at about a week of not seeing him. I miss him! Good to learn that- I am unlikely to leave him anytime soon!

I'm going to go treat myself to some fish stew at 11 for brunch and then I'll come back, pack up the car and head out around 1 to go pick up DS21 and we'll head back to MD. I won't be there long- only until Wednesday as I have Book Club on Thursday, Progressive Dinner on Friday and Diner's Club on Saturday. DH will be here also as we enjoy everything but the book club together.

DD has been in charge of figuring out spring break and working within her budget etc and so we committed last night- Early April will be Ireland! I have never been (and nor has she) so that should be a fun adventure to share. LOTS of travel coming up over the next few months starting with late Feb straight through NYC in mid-April. By then it should be beach weather!

Hugs, all!
  #307   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-23, 15:47

BF:

Yay Nic on Travels! I was rolling like it was EVER a consideration to have you not tied to the hip with hubby. LOLOLOL

Yup- ready for normal schedule........... mobility is a bigger issue here than I ever knew.

Lori- Glad Betty not "weeping" ........... You can only do what you can do....... hugs!

Going to get smoke out meats tonight. They are getting pulled pork and fries and slaw.

I am getting 1/2 pound smoked turkey - as is. will cut it up and eat AS IS.

Going to get back on eating track tomorrow. I bit off plan- with dairy today. We put out cheese, meat, crackers, shrimp, had a few pickles and cheese slices. BIRTHDAY WEEK.....ROFL. ..... Nothing off chain, No cake, Ice cream, crackers, fries. - So in retrospect.

Later gators
  #308   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-23, 04:14

BF:

Good Morning-

What a weekend! Glad it's over too! I have come to know that I function best with a routine, even when not working. I just seem to do better.

Next weekend I work so my week will be "off" a bit, speaking of schedules.

I am back up on the BBBE flush all week. This weekend was not stellar. It wasn't a derail- but it was enough to make me just gut miserable enough. So back to clear out the garbage and clean out this old body of mine. I have to take care of it. It is the only one I have!

Well need to warm up the car, sip on some more coffee and get my butt to work!!

Personals when you all post up. It's EARLY HERE!

Have a good one!
  #309   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-23, 04:33

BF:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZ!!!!!!!

You made it through the weekend! I know you'll feel better getting back to your routine. What days do you have off this week since you have to work the weekend?

I'll be back later too. I need to have a cup of coffee or two to get my mind in gear! I just wanted to pop on early with birthday wishes! ((Hugs))
  #310   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-23, 08:19

BF:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZ!!!

You were kind to share your birthday weekend with your Mom and her DH. I know it wasn't the easiest thing ever. What did you think of their dog? What did RUGER think of their dog?

Your gut will reset quickly, no doubt. I hope you have a good day today!

Hey Lori and Trig!

Good day on tap today. I have 2 folks coming over at 2 today to train as moderators for our local Buy Nothing group. We are nearing 1000 members, one Admin is stepping down and it is too much for two people to monitor, so adding two more to our team will be good.

Slept well last night but it sure did get chilly by around 3 or 4! I'll be glad to have my Dh to snuggle up against! He comes home tonight from parent-sitting.

Brilliant sunshine so I'll plan to get out for a walk today. By around 3 it should be getting up close to 50º.

Not much else to report. Just skipping along. lol
  #311   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-23, 03:58

BF:

Good Morning!

WOW.......Quiet around here yesterday. Trig......?? Jaz.....?? you had an early morning Birthday check in and then nothing.....hope all is well and that your Mom and Step Dad got home and you had a good day at work.

Nic.....Hope you had a nice walk in the sunshine yesterday!

---------

I'll be meeting "M" at Betty's at 10 and then right back home to do my workout and dive back under my blankets. Good Lord I hate this time of year. Yesterday morning I fell asleep in my recliner around 9:30 and didn't wake up until after 11. I was foggy headed and disoriented for an hour after. I'm usually not a good napper, but I sure did yesterday. I was freezing cold all day. When I got myself awake, I went to Aldi for a few things and then home to do my workout and grab a shower. That was my entire day. I think I'm getting callouses on my butt from sitting in this chair! I can't wait to be out for hours at a time chasing a little white ball around with a stick.

That's it from here. Be good all!
  #312   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-23, 05:22

BF:

Thank you all for Birthday wishes!

Yesterday sort of a letdown for me actually. It was my actual birthday. For some reason I was feeling really out of sorts over it. I had to work for starters and told nobody it was even my birthday as I really don't know people "that well" at work. Second, I was slammed at work. I had 15 new assessments to do.
After work I came back to the apt and ate cold leftover smoked turkey and that was that. No beach day, no celebrating with friends, no kids here either.
I appreciated my mom coming, but that was more or less babysitting.

You know how you have something in your head about how a day or an event should happen and nothing about it comes even close? Well, that was yesterday. A sad, OLD, lonely, working, cold turkey day. Yes, a pity party happened.

That being said- that was YESTERDAY! Today is a new day. I am fine and right back to being me! Grateful, bouncy, and curious.
I will say though that next year I plan to plan something special for myself. Like a trip, long weekend, something other than work and cold turkey wrap.

Lori- did you ever get your chili made? Yum that sounds good today! I am so over gray and cold days! I had to defrost my car yesterday! OVER IT TOO! I am ready for you to chase the little white ball around with a stick!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Did you find anything at Aldie's? Sometimes they have fun seasonal stuff.

Nic- Glad you made your way back to MD. Which place do you prefer? Does the MD house feel too big? I find that with most places people tend to spend their time in 2-3 rooms and the rest are just "there".

Do you spend alot of time on FB? I don't even remember passwords for FB. I never go there. I am so antimedia LOLOLOLOL Which is funny for somebody who posts here daily!

What is shaken for you this week?

Hey TRIG- Where are ya?!?!?!?
------------------------------------------------------------

Not much to add. Just work, walk dog, eat, sleep repeat.
I was hoping this weekend would be nice, but I have to work Sunday anyway. It is going to rain, so I don't care.

I wrote a letter to my manager and the director and CC'd my agency. It was a kind letter, but I just stated I wanted the weekend schedule revisited. Going forward they have me working ever other weekend. I did not sign up for that. I want my two days off in a row. It is not restful to not get it. My days off are scattered. You can't plan anything with that schedule.

I just brought it to their attention I carry the largest case load and nobody else works every other weekend. My contract states occasional weekend. I was nice about it, but it is not ok for me. I will not stay if they don't change it. I will finish the contract and nothing more. Anyway- I think that discussion will happen today.

My kids DD and family are coming in Feb. for a weekend! I am super excited to see the grands!
My DS is also planning to come early March! So I do have something every month. Then March 10th is my last day on this contract. I knew this time would fly!

I need to get my resume out again and decide what is the nest! I am just too tired at the end of the day to job hunt! I am happy though every payday Friday! SWEETNESS.

Yesterday I got back on my BBBE Cleanse. I do need a good detox about now! A reboot actually and a big one at that! You know those "cravings" are just below the surface at all times!

I have 2 pounds of ground chuck for burgers today and also rotisserie left over chicken too.

Well again the clock wins and I gotta run!

Make it a good one!
  #313   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-23, 06:45

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I feel like I have been posting everyone saying where is trig but I am posting I think LOL who knows HAHA

fast one guys. got chores and other crap to handle. I gotta write out a few bills...yea a real check and need a stamp....WTH is that right. Mom's accts. I never put them on my auto pay for anything so I gotta do that crap and hubby has some MIL bills I gotta pay and I am SO over this crap ya know. I truly feel having to write a damn check and get envelope ready etc is friggin' torture, well to me anyway

pick up kiddo at 12:30 for a 2 dentist appt for 2 small cavities then home for whatever day.

all good. will check in later...hold strong all, we need it thru this cold weather time HA
  #314   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-23, 08:14

BF:

Hey Peeps!

Second load of laundry in the dryer and headed out in an hour to do a MOW route. Yay! After that I have a meeting at 2 and then DD is coming over. We're going to start discussing the Ireland trip a bit.

Not sure what is on tap for dinner. Nothing sounds super appealing. Maybe I'll do something with a pork tenderloin- maybe flatten and coat in pork rinds and fry it up. Those are some tasty leftovers with some fresh lemon over the top.

Tomorrow I head back to DE and DH is also headed back as well but in the later afternoon. I'm going to sub in for the first time to DE Bunco so that will be fun. Then we have a bunch of stuff going on all weekend there. I'm glad DH will be coming too. I really missed him.

Jaz- I'm sorry your birthday was a bummer and I can totally understand why it felt that way. Sounds like you are focused and ready for today and the rest of the week. Are you planning currently to stay on this job if they work out the weekend thing with you?

Lori- How I wish I were a napper. I just literally cannot unless I am getting sick or something. It sounds so cozy to be under a blanket and napping in the recliner!

Trig- Don't worry, we know you are around. I hope your DD's fillings go well.

CURIOUS: Do any of you get fluoride applied to your teeth at the dentist? I do not and I did not have it done with my kids (much to the dentist's horror!) I think they may choose it now as adults, which is fine- their bodies. Curious if you all choose to do that or not. I actually use a filter to take the fluoride OUT of my water- I figure I get a bit when I brush my teeth and that is enough. I haven't had a cavity since I was around 11.
  #315   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-23, 19:08

BF:

Hey quick end of day check in!

Nic- I DO NOT do fluoride. I use a water filter for the soul purpose of filtering out fluoride and found my thyroid number went back to the normal side. I also use fluoride free toothpaste. I have not had a cavity in years and taking sugar out the diet is AMAZING with oral care.
I have also used "Pulling" for the gums. You put 1 teaspoon of olive or coconut oil in your mouth and swish for two full minutes and it really does pull the toxin out of your gums. It does work! Then I brush my teeth. TEH gross crap coming out of your gums will shock you.
They say to do that at least one or twice a month. I am about once a month.

Ahhhhhh I love you and hubby so connected. PRICELESS!

Trig- I missed your post yesterday. It was not the same,,,,,,, IE where are you! But you are good about posting. But you were MISSED !!!!! lolololol

I have done that too though, I swear I posted and then come to find out I didn't. Maybe I was THINKING about you all LOLOLOLOL

Lori-
What did you do today? You are one early bird!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just had a rough day.
I am hoping for a better day tomorrow. It was just a tough day.
Real deal hospital drama- stuff TV shows are made of. It really is a thing.

WOE- RIGHT where I want to be. Peed up gallons today! Detox!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Jan-17-23 at 19:47.
Closed Thread