Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-12-13, 03:14

Plan: paleo with L plates
Stats: 180/162/143 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default childrens paleo party food / games

Hiya everyone,

My 6 year old is turning 7 and we are having a monster high tea party in a few weeks. I'm seeking suggestions for food and games. My daughter is gluten free and non dairy, but we are non dairy paleo as a family. I'm sure most of the kids will turn their noses up, so I'm looking for suggestions. So far I'm thinking:

kale chips, baked bacon wrapped fresh pineapple, herb and flax rolled chicken nuggets, roast potato chips with rosemary, dehydrated banana chips, guacamole filled hard boiled eggs, fried sausage pieces, mini egg pizzas

strawberry cheesefake birthday cake- sorted. Avocado chocolate mousse mini cups topped with a half strawberry, sweet potato and almond flour cupcakes with raspberry meringue icing.

If you have any ideas, please, pretty please with a blueberry on top, note them down.

And if you are a paleo parent and want to come along, and you live in perth western australia, you can come. Imagine going to a child's birthday where you would actually want to eat something!!!! I usually can't tolerate children's parties, and as a parent of a gluten and dairy intolerant child, they are horrible- I usually need to make a mini cake to take along and stuff my child full before going. It's also a tough call for a 6 year old who just wants to eat the junk like a the other kids.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-12-13, 03:53

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

That all sounds so good! If I could circle half the globe, I would join you. Happy (US) Mother's Day...you are a terrific mom to make those healthy treats.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-12-13, 04:30

BF:

It's mother's day too here in oz (no relation to Dr Oz). It has been a nice day- I was hoping for a thermomix, but I think a stick blender might be the go. Presents after dinner.

Seriously peoples, I need more party food ideas.
Stuff that looks like junk but is not. I reckon the parents will be happy though. Although they will have to stop at YukDonalds on the way home if their kid is too picky to try anything.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-12-13, 04:50

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Wasn't sure if Oz followed Mothering Sunday in the UK or today.
Stick blender Sounds good too!

I did check a Kindle book downloaded when it was free titled the Paleo Kid. But didn't see any outstanding recipe beyond what you already had...chicken fingers, the Avocado chocolate mousse, etc. It did have almond cookies and brownies, etc but you can find dessert recipes anywhere. The almond cookies are like plain sugar cookies...they might appeal to fussy eaters. Use honey to give the sugar high the kiddos expect at parties. I like the 'Nutty Cookies' on EverydayPaleo website, but kids might see too many weird bits ( eww, nuts ) in that. Another website to check is PaleoParents.
http://paleoparents.com/start-here/...ward-to-trying/. (the sweet treat board has pretty Paleo sugar cookies, cut-outs with frosting, and a simple Flourless brownie recipe..I haven't tried them but they look great for parties)

1 ingredient ice cream...frozen banana.
2 ingredient ice cream...frozen banana and almond butter.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, May-12-13 at 08:14.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-12-13, 07:54
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I had bacon wrapped dates once, they were also filled with cream cheese, but you could leave that out.

Bacon wrapped dates all googled up for you.

This might be hard to pull off for a party, but frozen strawberries (or other berries) in a really powerful blender (Ninja, or bullet work -- doesn't have to be one of those $400 ones) with a little lemon juice and some stevia to sweeten and just enough water to get it to the consistency of a creamy sorbet. It is awesome.

I also make a creamer replacement from thick coconut cream and raw eggs, whipped or blended with stick blender. A little touch of stevia makes it taste like whipped cream. I probably wouldn't serve raw egg to young'uns though. But if you can get them pasteurized...
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-12-13, 09:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I had bacon wrapped dates once, they were also filled with cream cheese, but you could leave that out.

This might be hard to pull off for a party, but frozen strawberries (or other berries) in a really powerful blender (Ninja, or bullet work -- doesn't have to be one of those $400 ones) with a little lemon juice and some stevia to sweeten and just enough water to get it to the consistency of a creamy sorbet. It is awesome.

I also make a creamer replacement from thick coconut cream and raw eggs, whipped or blended with stick blender. A little touch of stevia makes it taste like whipped cream. I probably wouldn't serve raw egg to young'uns though. But if you can get them pasteurized...

Bacon wrapped dates. Might need to try those before the party!

Sorbet! Yes! Might add some egg whites too. Cheers for the tip.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-19-13, 22:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Can I come over? All this sounds amazing.

Seems like I saw something like fruit kebabs somewhere and they were really cute.

This looks tasty, too! Never tried it, though. http://honestlydelicious.blogspot.j...ted-almond.html