Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 07:23

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike
Jamie: Your before and after pictures look marvelous! Keep up the good work... mad

Thanks Mike!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

My turning point was my birthday this year. I woke up and took a long hard look in the mirror and really hated what I saw and how I felt. I made a decision to do a life makeover. Lots of issues in my life needed fixing and I decided to make this year the one to fix them. I was tired of dressing to hide my stomach, tired of not being taken seriously at work, tired of being sick, over stressed etc. You get the idea.

I also decided to set a longer term goal in terms of weight. When I graduated high school I weighed 235#. That was 20 years ago. I want to go to the 20 year reunion 100# less than when I graduated.

As an adult I have been as low as 138 and as high as 235. I have a small frame under all this weight and I would like to see it again!

One day at a time..... one # at a time... 145 this morning, about 10# to go.

Take care all.

Julie
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 09:21

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
My turning point was my birthday this year. I woke up and took a long hard look in the mirror and really hated what I saw and how I felt. I made a decision to do a life makeover. Lots of issues in my life needed fixing and I decided to make this year the one to fix them. I was tired of dressing to hide my stomach, tired of not being taken seriously at work, tired of being sick, over stressed etc. You get the idea.

I also decided to set a longer term goal in terms of weight. When I graduated high school I weighed 235#. That was 20 years ago. I want to go to the 20 year reunion 100# less than when I graduated.

As an adult I have been as low as 138 and as high as 235. I have a small frame under all this weight and I would like to see it again!

One day at a time..... one # at a time... 145 this morning, about 10# to go.

Take care all.

Julie

Julie, I like the way you think! It looks like you are well on your way to your goal. How far away is your reunion? Mine is in 2006. I just wanna be about the same size I was or a bit smaller than when I graduated. I was about a size 10 - 135/140 lbs when I graduated and up to around 3 or 4 years ago. I can't believe I let myself get to over 200 lbs! But I am past my halfway point as of today (at 167!) and I am looking forward to my 75% goal of 152 and my 100% goal of 135
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 17:53
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

My turning point came when my partner and I started to build our very own home theater. We purchased 8 theater seats from a second hand store for five bucks each and spent two months removing the gum and nasty fabric, reupholstering, and painting them.

I built and carpeted a two tiered riser and purchased a bunch of posters and things for the room. We where sooo happy to have our own personal theater because we love movies.

But on the day we had our first viewing I went to sit down in my theater seat and I had to turn sideways to get my backside past the cupholders. Needless to say it was a tight fit. I was so embarrassed. I found Atkins a few days after that. By the way, we have movie candy in the theater for our guests enjoyment. It is no temptation what so ever because I can now sit in those theater seats with no problem.

Gabrielle
  #110   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 12:10
Carb Nazi

Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%

Anyone else like to share their kick-start event?
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 12:28
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Too many to count all accumulated to arrive at the point of my start. The biggest was that I could not breathe any more...blood O2 level was down in the low 80's. THAT affected every single aspect of LIFE.

Let's just say I am now the most alive person I know. Check on me in another 100 pounds and you may very well find me doing the Peachtree on July 4th. Hell, would not surpirse me in the least. (Mike you probably know what that is since you live in Peachtree City!)
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 12:59
Carb Nazi

I do indeed Mr. E! I am not at that point yet, but when I carry my three year old who weighs 30 lbs up the stairs (that is how much I have lost) it is a great reminder of how far I have come! Mike
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 13:38

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Mine was when I woke up one morning (Christmas Eve) and could barely walk. It was as though Santa had stopped by my place early and taken my knees. I actually made popping noises when I walked that were so loud my coworkers always knew where I was in the office. When I was in the MRI machine a few days later, I finally snapped out of my stupor and realized I had to do something or I would be in big trouble. The popping (both audible and pain pill popping) stopped within a month of beginning LCing. I have not popped since (so to speak).

We won't even go into the other shameful things, like not fitting in chairs, having the steering wheel of the car pushed into my gut when I drove, or not really being comfortable in anything other than sweat pants.

I don't ever want to go there again. Here's what followed:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...69&postcount=12

Donald

Last edited by DWRolfe : Thu, Oct-09-03 at 13:41.
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 14:31
Carb Nazi

Donald: Thats the first time I have seen your before/after pictures and I am truly inspired. You have done an outstanding job. Congratulations and thank you! Mike
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 14:59

Plan: Primal
Stats: 132/125/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%

Oh my gosh Donald you look fantastic. Wow... what an encouragement you are. Keep it up... you look awesome!
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 15:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 196.0/184.0/170 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Mine came when I got on a talking scale and it said:"Hey! one at a time!"
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 16:09

Stats: 183/176.4/154.3 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 23%
Wink

My mother was going through old photos a couple of weeks ago and found one of me at my 21st (2 years ago) she called me up and told me that it was such a lovely photo "you were so skinny" - she didn't mean anything by it - but it still stung. My boyfriend and I had both put on weight since we were always going and getting takeaway and junk food - but I didn't realise how much until I stood on the scales - no more - it all changes now - I want to be comfortable in front of people without having to be ashamed of my thighs and stomach!! Charge on!! Hoorah!!
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 16:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 185/179/140 Female 69 inches
BF:no idea
Progress: 13%

I started college weighing 256 pounds. I graduate in may of next year and want to weight around 140. Never ever ever want to weigh that much again in my life it was a horrible experience!
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:31

Stats: 250/190/170 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress:
Default why I started to lose weight

in may of 2003, i decided that I was going to lose weight. there was no real trigger event. I guess I was fed up with being overweight so I told myself that I was going to put all my effort into losing weight. (I have never gone on a diet ever or really tried to lose weight). the first couple of weeks were difficult. but I toughed it out and every month since May 0f 2003 I have lost a total of 65lbs.
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 09:32

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default I felt elderly

There is nothing wrong with being elderly so I don't want this to seem like an insult. But when you are in your late 30s or early forties, that is too young to feel that way. My joints were achy, I was falling alot and I had symptoms of hypoglycemia. Obviously I needed to exercise, it was also obvious that I needed to lose weight. For about ten years I would resolve to lose 20 lbs and failed every year. What I failed to understand is how weightloss, hypoglycemia and peri-menopause work hand in hand.

Upon hearing the results from the study by the American Heart Association, I decided that I am going to begin this diet.. the diet that I had feared for so many years. I was apprehensive regardless of the findings so I studies it and figured out how I could actually do this and enjoy myself since steak and eggs is my favorite breakfast

Now my husband does not eat a lc lifestyle but he is a strong supporter of it. He can't see how anyone can lose weight any other way. I must say though, that he gave up a regular diet of beer in support of my lcing and he lost 12 lbs

That is my story and I am sticking to it.
Black57