Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 09:16

Plan: Atkins OWL + PP Phase II
Stats: 160/142/130
BF:?%/25.6%/20%
Progress: 60%
Thumbs up 5/13 Day 8 BFL LBWO

Did my LBWO in 45 minutes. Increased weights. Felt the burn!

Quads:
Barbell squats:
x12 - 20#
x10 - 25#
x8 - 30#
x6 - 35#
x12 - 40#
Leg Extensions: x12 - 40#

Hamstrings:
Dumbbell lunges:
x12 - 3# ea
x10 - 5.5# ea
x8 - 8# ea
x6 - 10.5# ea
x12 - 13#
Lying leg curls:
x12 - 40#

Calves:
Standing Heel Raises:
x12- 26#
x10 - 26#
x8 - 30#
x6 - 35#
x12 - 40#
Seated calf raise:
x12 - 40#

Abs:
Floor crunches: x12, x10, x8, x6, x12
Reverse crunches: x12

Breakie: crepes w/2 eggs (down from usual 3), protein powder, butter w/sugar free syrup, cup of joe, 2 glasses water, and my protein shake (minus cream) 3 hours post workout (w/glute 5 g, creatine 5 g).
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 09:29

Default C1W2D2 20MAS

This morning I felt really ill, tummy issues. Couldn't bring myself to do much except sleep for another hour. Must not have gotten enough sleep last night. Legs didn't hurt quite as much as I thought they would today. Must be the glutamine doing it's job! Didn't realize it but I ate tons of protein yesterday. 149 gram! Very good for me. Getting used to drinking shakes instead of having food for mid-morning snack. They're not half bad. DF had his first one last night. He said years ago protein shakes were so bad. These ones are actually tasty. I agreed. They do smell a bit funny though if you leave it in your cup for too long...

I'm feeling much better now that I slept a bit longer. I believe my body is telling me I need more sleep. I'm usually asleep by 930 and up by 545. That should be 8 hours but I guess I'm building muscles!

I decided to get my sorry butt outside this afternoon and I'm going to do some serious gardening in place of my 20MAS. That should be a good equivilant. I'll plug my time into Fitday and get the calories burned.

Finally adjusting to all the working out. My body's actually telling me that I'm hungry, like all the time. Nice change from before.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 08:59

Question C1W2D2&3 Was 20MAS, Now 3.5 hours gardening...

Wow, I did 3.5 hours of gardening last night. It mainly consisted of moving and relocating retaining wall blocks (the smaller ones, about 10# each), pulling out tons of grass and weeds, digging up plants and relocating them and finally mulching with 2 super heavy, water-logged hay bales.

I plugged in the duration into Fitday under general gardening - 3.5 hours and it came back with 851 calories burned. Does that really seem right? Dunno... I certainly feel sore today. Arms, tummy muscles, legs.

Going to do my UBWO after work. Didn't get enough food yesterday to revitalize my body so I'm eaing more protein today for my workout later.

I can see my arms getting more shapely and less fat which I love. Even my traps are growing already. I've always been quick to pack on more muscle which means I'm like the 1% of women that have a bit extra testosterone. Not like I'm covered with body hair or anything. I just have a lot of muscle.

I'll update my journal tomorrow in the AM with my workout info from tonight and tomorrow's cardio.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 09:06

Post C1W2D4

Well, I'm off a day. Today I did my UBWO because yesterday I felt like crap all day again. I'm going to say that I'm allergic to either potatoes or wheat, not completely sure. But something makes me really sick and I hope its not my protein shakes.

Perhaps, I can squeeze in 20MAS later today after work

Anyway, here's the results of my workout this morning.

640 am - 720 am = 40 minutes (didn't rest as long between some sets)

Barbell Bench Press
x12 - 20#
x10 - 25#
x8 - 30#
x6 - 35#
x12 - 45# *the Standard Bar, The BIG One* again. Too easy this time around. I'll have to increase my weights for sure.

Dumbbell Flies
x12 - 8# ea

*still very hard to squeeze out the last few, not sure why...

One Arm Dumbbell Rows
x12 - 8# ea
x10 - 10.5# ea
x8 - 13# ea
x6 - 15.5# ea
x12 - 18# ea

*Could've added more weight, not as much burning*

Back Extensions
x12 just body weight *not a huge killer but sure stretches out my back and stomach muscles*

Dumbbell Front Raises
x12 - 3# ea
x10 - 5.5# ea
x8 - 5.5# ea
x6 - 5.5# ea
x12 - 5.5# ea

*Very hard to do more weight right now, still sore from gardening *

Lateral Raises
x12 - 5.5# ea

Barbell Curls EZ Bar
x12 - 20#
x10 - 25#
x8 - 25#
x6 - 25#
x12 - 25#

*for some reason I was super weak today, I managed to do all 12 in the final set but I couldn't raise my weight

Alternating Dumbbell Curls
x12 - 13# ea

Tricep Kickbacks
x12 - 5.5#
x10 - 8#
x8 - 10.5#
x6 - 13#
x12 - 15.5#

*going to add more weight next time, these are just too easy

Bench Dips
x12 - body weight

Summary:

Overall, I found my WO from today to be good. I was feeling very strong in some areas and weak in others. I think my increased activity level in the garden is preventing me from recovering completely between workouts. I'm excited to see that I'm already moving up quickly in weights especially with the bench and tricep exercises. I want my arms to look nice and shapely in my wedding dress I'm confused as to why I've been feeling so nausious lately. I've been adding the wrong carbs (potatoes, noodles, about 1/4 cup) to a couple of meals and they bloated the crap out of me. Its amazing how sensitive my body's become to bad carbs. I've been really lazy when it comes to eating my veggies. I held off on drinking a protein shake yesterday and I'll have one later today but I'm going a little easy on them since I'm a little worried that the protein punch may be a bit much in one sitting. Not really sure. Skipped my supplements but not my vitamins yesterday. I picked up the T-Tap exercises and I plan on adding them to my 20MAS to change up the Tae-Bo. I'll try to do 20 minutes of T-Tap before DF gets home...
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 09:24

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: C1W2D4

Quote:
Originally posted by rgarlough
I've been adding the wrong carbs (potatoes, noodles, about 1/4 cup) to a couple of meals and they bloated the crap out of me. Its amazing how sensitive my body's become to bad carbs.

Annie, try using whole oats instead. They seem to be much better tolerated. Look for the whole rolled ones, not the quick oats, they're a different animal.

I'd lay my money on the wheat - intolerance to wheat is pretty big among LCers. It is the ONE thing that sets of my boyfriends Crohn's.

Nat
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 09:29

Question RE: oats

You're talking about Irish Oats or steel cut, right? I'm making my grocery list today and I'm fairly sure I know what I'm looking for...

Thanks Nat!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 09:37

Angry slacker...

I've been such a slacker the last 3 days. I have been making excuses for not working out and convincing myself that I can make up the workouts later. Basically, I've been focusing on my upcoming wedding instead of focusing on my exercising. I've gone back to my old morning routine of doing all the household chores (vacuuming, laundry, etc) instead of my new "usual" 45 minutes of working out. It seems like my time after work is filled with wedding stuff and the only time and energy I have now days is in the AM and choose to keep up the house instead of myself. I'm really hoping to get back on the ol' horse this week but I've already started it off on the wrong foot. My LC WOE has been pushed to the limit with the lack of effort on my part. I had my first wedding shower on Sunday and not an ounce of LC food was offered I asked my mother to be certain that at the next shower that there be some sort of meat for me to eat. I don't need brownies, cookies, taco salad w/sugar for dressing, chips and other junk. That food doesn't make me feel "good" when I eat it. And as an almost bride, I need to feel good right now. I'm going through the HC fogginess again this morning... I hate it. I'm fixing myself back up today with my ketosis inducing foods and I'm writing this weekend off as another disappointment. I was able to keep my carbs low as long as certain HC people weren't interferring. So as I drink my 120th ounce of water at 1030 this morning, I'm getting back on track. I'm putting this induced stall behind me and moving on. I'm starting fresh with more vigor and enthusiazism.