Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-13-04, 08:45
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling
Stats: 22/12/8 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default December 13-19 weekly Cycler's Thread

Good morning! As I looked at those dates I thought by the time we finish this week it will almost be Christmas. So who's planning to cd over Christmas? Just kidding. I'm sure I will find many things with my name all over it...
Anyway, back on topic. Today is CD 2 and still up some 193. 2 pounds to my low. Typically It takes a few days to get back down so I am hoping to see VT on Wednesday or Thursday morning.
Hope everyone is well. Good luck this week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 00:33

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

I'm almost back at my before cheat low of 135 lbs...just 2 lbs more. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll be back there. Then I can loose some virgin pounds. I'm actually surprised how quick I lost the weight I gained since I cheated (more than a CU) for like 3 days straight and yet every morning I see my weight drop another two pounds. Hopefully this continues. I'm just going to keep trying to loose until my weight stalls, then CU time!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 12:53
Registered Member

BF:

sounds like a good plan APK! It is so nice to see the scale moving down....
As for me TOM came early.... At least didn't choose to be late and be going on over Christmas. Anyway, I always have water weight so I didn't even bother to weigh in. The good news is no cravings! Usually I could kill for chocolate. But am doing fine. Today is day 3 cd. Will do Cd 4 tommorrow and then up again on Thursday, then down again on friday. Then we will see. Next week is shaping up to be very busy. DH's father is having surgey on Tuesday and I'll be at the hospital, so will see what food is available. I know I will be up for Christmas eve and day. If Tuesday goes okay I may just stay down until Christmas Eve.
I like the cycling because at least I can plan up days and know I will lose the weight again.
I put on those 10's this morning and they still will not quite button. If I am able to lose a little more I think I can get into them Christmas Morning. So really gonna try.
Would love to see the 180's before Christmas as well.... but then I'll be hoping for the 170's so you know I'm always looking towards the future and hoping.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 09:18

BF:
Default some advice?

Hey guys, I need some advice. I still haven't got back to my pre-cheat weight of 135 lbs, but I'v been at 136 lbs for about 3 days now. Should I carb up now or wait untill I am under 135 lbs? It seems weird to start another CU before I'v lost what I gained in the last one, but last CU was more like a couple cheat days, so maybe that makes a difference?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 11:30
Registered Member

BF:

Could there be anything else that is keeping your weight up (like TOM or cold medicine, etc)? How many days total have you been carb down? If more than 5 days or any of the other factors are there than I would go ahead and do a really clean carb up for 2 days and drop back down.
Also try upping your water a little for the day.
Take care and hoping you see Vermont soon!
As for me today I have a water weight issue this week so I went ahead and cu yesterday and today, going back down tommorrow. Hoping that things will end with the water weight during this carb down and see several pounds into VT. Of course hopng is the key word. Would really like to see 185 by the end of this year. Then 20 pounds to my goal and then I'll reevaluate.
How did everyone determine their end goal? I see a lot of people my height wanting to get to 150 or lower and I don't know if it is practical or not for me. I do want a healthy weight that is maintainable. BTW I'm 5'7"
Anyway any advice is most welcome.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 13:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/176/140 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Hi I'd like to join this thread.

Hi everyone! I've popped in here and there. I understand that many carb cyclers are at another forum but I don't have time to do 2 forums, so I've been hanging in here. I'm glad there are a few of you here still.

I am doing the Cu and Cd plan, I've committed to give it 4 cycles, to see how it goes for me. So far so good. I've kept very good record of what I'm eating on fitday and recently started recording a daily weight to track the ups and downs. It started because I got a bad cold and wanted to have some fruit to help boost my immune system.

I read the "plan" over at the other forum and so I'm doing Cu -2 days- 1800-2200 cals and Cd -5 days- 1000-1500 cals. That's my goal anyway. My Cu days, I try to make healthful, although last weekend I ate a piece of pie with ice cream I've made 1/5 of my goal since I started LC WOE Nov. 2, 2004. I feel like I'm doing good, but, I'm struggling with fatigue now and then and the blues keep sneaking up on me. Is it my WOE or just the holidays? I don't know.

Well I'll try to get to this thread as often as possible and look for the new weekly threads. Thanks for starting it!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 16:10
Registered Member

BF:

welcome to the group bslove! and I think this really lends itself to working well with the holidays and the occassional pie with ice cream (I had a hot fudge sundae yesterday). I know I can not make it with a plan that never allows for an occasional carb up.
Anyway, I noticed we are both at the same current weight. Just out of curiousity, what is your height?
Thanks
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 23:27

BF:

pattilacy, I'm not on any medication and it's not TOM. I have been drinking lots of water, but I'v also had a bit too much salt I think. Maybe it is just water weight. I am currently on day 8 of CD. So you think I should CU soon? I was thinking that myself. Also, I thought it might be a good idea to do it soon so that I have one more CU between now and Christmas (which is obviously a CU). I'm not sure yet what day I'll do it. Saturday might be a good choice since I am having lunch out with my Dad, but then I'm clubbing tomorrow night...lol I guess any day is a good CU day!

Also pattilacy, I was wondering about the sundae. Do you regularily enjoy those sorts of things on you CUs? Is it still working for you? I would love to have something like that on my CU! I don't care about starches/grains, but I love sweets and chocolate and icecream would be so nice.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 07:43
Registered Member

BF:

Well I have problems with salt too. Could very well be the culprit. As far as cu goes yes you should do that really soon. Could start tonight and include tommorrow. That way you get in both.
That was my first sundae since August and it was wonderfull. I got the one at McDonalds. It is a reasonable size so couldn't be too bad. But I don't usually worry too much about carb up and just enjoy. Not 3 sundaes a day or anything but one sweet treat per day of carb up.
Well today is cd1 and at 195. 4 pound up from my lowest.
Hopefully good news soon.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 09:50

BF:

pattilacy, I think you're right about the one sundae not being a problem. However, whenever I eat something sweet (like my last CU), I over do it and eat sweets all days long because 1. I don't know when I'll get to do that again 2. I figure I'v blown it anyways.

I actually did weigh in at 135 lbs this morning (my pre-cheat weight), so I am going to CU, but I'm going to keep it clean, like you suggested, otherwize I'm afraid I'll go overboard and just gain it back again. Thanks for the suggestions!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 12:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/176/140 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattilacy
welcome to the group bslove! and I think this really lends itself to working well with the holidays and the occassional pie with ice cream (I had a hot fudge sundae yesterday). I know I can not make it with a plan that never allows for an occasional carb up.
Anyway, I noticed we are both at the same current weight. Just out of curiousity, what is your height?
Thanks

I am 5'7" and 31 years old This is working very well for me so far. Infact, according to what I've read so far I may be losing too fast.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 21:34
Registered Member

BF:

I am 5'7" as well but 34. Greatfully I think I have been losing retty fast. I started in late August and have lost 59 pounds so I'm really pleased, but looking at reevaluating my goal weight. Thanks for answering the question on height. I think 165 may be a little too high in the end.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 00:07

BF:

Well I carbed up this evening at 5pm when I was off work. I think I might just keep it to one night CU, because I think I overdid it. My CU was mostly higher carb veggies like carrots, but I did have some chocolates. A guy at work gave me Italian hazelnut truffles and I wasn't about to give those away or throw them out and CU seemed the best time to enjoy them. Luckily there were only 4 truffles! The package said they were 17 carbs for 3 truffles so that really only added 22.7 carbs to my night. I'll wait and see what the scale says tomorrow morning. If I'v gained, it's back to CD, otherwise I'll do another day of CU.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 01:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

I think I may try this, I lost pretty fast at the beginning, but now am stuck. I think I will go read all the posts and learn more about, it so I be sure and do it fight. I am very intrigued!!!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 08:35

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi all ~

Salt, TOM they all seem to be a problem for me and I think I have isolated that I have one week out of each month when I can actually lose and the rest of the time I have to run hard to stay still. <sigh> I seem to lose (IF I lose!) the week prior to TOM - otherwise nothing. Anyone else trying to track patterns? I am going to try and time my CD for that week to maximize results.

I have been doing a lose form of carb cycling and frankly I don't think it is working for me. I slack off and add more carbs (but still generally under 40 and no white junk or sugar) and then get back on track for a couple of days to lose the gain. I am finally back down to my lowest (169) which first occured about a month ago and will be trying hard to reach some new VT. I have started some more resistence exercise this week and I think it is making a difference. Best of luck to all.