Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-19, 07:36
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

On Friday, I had purchased a rotisserie chicken and I had a b/s chix breast thawed out. Plenty of chicken.
I made a cheesy chicken enchilada casserole.
Gave one large portion to friend and ate the rest.
Quite a bit of cheese.
I don’t normally eat a lot of cheese, but....
And.......
It’s gone.
It was good, but too decadent for my GI tract.
Simple is good.

I also cooked up meat i had defrosted.
Plenty of cooked “fast food” at the ready.
Looked in the fridge and saw a pot of homemade chicken stock
And thinking about my intestines and all that cheese..
I decided to empty my refrigerator and fast.
Going to drink the chicken stock today and let the body rest..

Then i’ll Go back to eating. And i have plenty of meat ready.
I remember when i first began eating carnivore.
My fridge was always empty except for a great big hunk of meat, dry-aging on a cooling rack, at the bottom of the fridge..
If people were to remain Carnivore the rest of their lives..
And they have no plans of moving from their dwelling,
You could trade out the large fridge for a smaller fridge AND
Make a nice space for a large freezer.
That’s all we would need.
Thought about this years ago, when my fridge was always empty
Except for the hunk of meat at the bottom of the fridge.
And it looks like that now, except instead of a hunk of meat,
There’s a large baggie, holding pkgs of cold cuts and pkgs of sliced cheese.
And then condiments.
A plate of butter.
A container of eggs.
A container of chimichurri sauce.
A container of toasted sesame oil with red pepper flakes.

You could totally redesign a Carnivore’s kitchen.....
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-19, 08:21

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Ate eggs yesterday. Can't quite say it was a craving, more that I was hungry and eggs appealed to me. This is remarkable because I normally only eat eggs when I have to eat at McDonald's or a diner. And then they're in the form of scrambled hard with bacon and usually cheese. 6 and 7 years ago, when I began trying to heal my broken body, but prior to when I began low carbing, I ate eggs all the time. I craved them. Didn't feel good unless I ate eggs for breakfast. I remember I pretty quickly made the transition from two eggs and two pieces of toast to 3 eggs and one piece of toast. I realized I was so much more full on fewer calories! But five years ago, when I gave up the bread, I gave up eggs over easy because I didn't really want them without the toast. And I couldn't picture how I'd mop them up off the plate.

But I ate eggs over easy yesterday and really enjoyed them. I ate what I could with a fork and then I held the plate up to my mouth and licked the salty yolk off the plate. Delicious. Don't know if I'll have them again today. Won't be hungry for a few more hours at least.
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-19, 04:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:

PilotGal I can so agree with you about the fridge. When eating this way one needs so little in terms of all that other side stuff.
Thank goodness for my freezer. It is so important for my meat stash

I am the same now on cheese. Too much is a killer for me also...I kinda know that right amt. in a day without going overboard so I don't get murdered in the guts on it.

Tess interesting about eggs now being appealing wtihout the toast on the side to mop it up. I get that. It is like we just associate 2 things that must go together cause we love it that way and we almost refuse to eat some foods again cause we gave up the side item that goes so well with it.

I know that feeling of having to set in a new habit of not needing sides etc. to complete a meal. I am glad you are finding your eggs great again! Eat up, they are good for ya!!

I made a mistake last night.

I ate big in one sitting. I was SO hungry. ribeye, some shrimp and a cheeseburger patty. I was so stuffed and happy.

but around 9 at night I was so hungry again. I kept debating, eat or not. Nibble on salami and call it a day or just make some more steak. So around 10 I just decided to eat up more steak.

wow did that set hard on my tummy. I couldn't even think sleep at this point. Just too much in my stomach to think about lying down.....So around 12 I went to bed on a still feeing full tummy and I know I won't be doing that again.

It was overkill. I won't be doing that again. I never like eating late this big and I knew I was doing bad but hey, I learned again why I don't want food that late so I will watch myself on that one from now on
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-19, 05:52
Registered Member

re: eggs. i use a spoon to eat my fried eggs.
in fact, I use a spoon to eat a lot of Carnivore, juicy foods.
i love sauce.. and best way to mop it up is with a spoon.

it's those late night hungries that i have cooked sausage or salami in the fridge.
i like to eat a large meal before 4pm.. that one great big meal.
if i get hungry later on in the evening, that one sausage is the perfect size to shut down the hungries..
or salami and a slice of cheese, maybe..
but Aldi's has those brats for $2.89 for 5... cook them, freeze them, pull them out when needed. 1 minute in the microwave.
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-19, 06:13

BF:

thanks PilotGal

smart to have some smaller type things to eat if required.

that steak was a lump in me. I knew it would happen but I did it anyway.

I wish I went for that salami but I wanted that warm comfort food instead....cold old salami wasn't setting with me, but if I had something smaller I could have heated up a bit that would have been good like your sausage stash. I get it...smart on your part and I will be doing like you now.....I know I can't eat that heavy that late again. I don't like feeling miserable anymore. I feel so great eating this way, why eat a way on plan that makes ya feel icky LOL

I am the same with a spoon. I do homemade alfredo sauce with my shrimp for dipping and I end up spooning the rest of that delish sauce with my spoon. None of it gets left behind HA
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-19, 10:49

BF:

Had eggs again yesterday. I'll probably eat soon but I think I'll be making a steak. Appetite seems to have completely replaced cravings on my carnivorous plan. Now instead of craving things, it's more like, "I'm hungry. What do I feel like eating?"
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-19, 18:39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
it's those late night hungries that i have cooked sausage
chicken pieces would be cheaper.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-19, 04:43

BF:

Tess it is cool the cravings are gone. I love that benefit of carnivore. I also like the way you said hunger replaced it....true hunger is a good step for the body. It puts us back on a balanced natural pattern ya know.....being hungry is good and just give the body all the meats/fat it wants and you can't go wrong

PilotGal
chicken is the best price option mostly for me out there LOL
I sure get that.

I guess I like to think the money I spend on good meats I love is keeping me out of spending money in the doctor's office

Hubby asked what I wanted for a holiday present and I said gift card......won't be buying anything fluffy.....it will be put to my meat haul. Funny but I do think about my meats very seriously....lol

Carnivore is treating me very well.

I feel balanced. I never have to fight it like with old 'crazy diets' I used to try. Away from that pattern of success and failure. Got old. Eating this way gives me a true balance of satisfaction in my food choices, holds wild hunger and cravings at bay and rounds me out to a simple easy eating plan. This is the most natural way to eat that I can think of truly and it shows that faith in the plan means one can get such great results and get just a feeling of such calmness knowing their eating this way was a very smart decision. Some of us must be here and want to be here.

Very natural. Calming. Grounded. Effortless in a way.
just parts of eating this way I truly love.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-19, 08:00

BF:

Karen, it's true that spending money on good meats is keeping you out of the doctor's office! But it's also true (at least for me) that spending more money on beef actually saves me money on my grocery bill. I make fewer trips to the store. Less food goes to waste.

I've been trying to make my boys who are still at home eat more meat. I find they eat less junk when they do. Let's see how I feel about the food budget in a month when my 14 year old starts crew. When our oldest son started rowing, he'd come home and have 2 peanut butter sandwiches before dinner. Then he'd eat a plate of chicken nuggets or scrambled eggs right before bed. Talk about hollow legs! And I think the 14 year old is even more prone to build muscle than our older son so I expect he'll be eating a ton more than he already does.
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-19, 04:31

BF:

Great post Tess.

I so get ya on so much less waste with meats.

I still throw out so much bread in this house.....which is ok in a way.....but not ok cause that to me is putting dollar bills straight into the garbage.

Hubby buys so much bread cause all different types catch his eye.....but my 14 yr old daughter does not eat much bread at all, and I eat none.....so his bread mostly just molds before he can get thru all he buys.....I tell him, but this guy don't listen LOL

2 boys!! hey I got a 14 yr old but a daughter so she does eat less HAHA
I feel for your grocery bill tho on 2 growing boys

You are so right tho. I do the same with her.....she reaches for junk and I say no crappy eating til you had a decent meal and I load her up on the meats/seafoods also and then she sure reaches less for junky stuff after that.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-19, 07:16
Registered Member

i can't remember dates, but when my son was in high school, i used to make him breakfasts and then wrap in foil and put in his backpack.
by the time he woke up, he was ready for breakfast.
i always made him a meat, egg & cheese meal. whether in a wrap, or in a plastic container. but i always made sure his first meal was ready and it was high protein.. first meal of the day..
i did this all through his high school.

as long as i've been alive, i think breakfast has always been my largest meal.
i was born in the 50's and i believe they instilled that in us.. so, it's always been the largest of my meals.

yesterday, i made that roast... and ate off it.
it was 2.8# raw.
looking at the portion size this morning.. it doesn't look like it's 12 oz.
i really ate a large chunk of it yesterday and i feel good.
no bloat..
i feel really good.

i'm going to eat the rest of that roast today.
i'm thinking about going and getting another couple.
eating this way has made me a lazy cook.
food prep can't take long.

i also thawed out a chunk of ground beef.
if the rest of the roast isn't enough, i don't want to be caught with my pants down, if you know what i mean..
i want to be prepared.
so, i was thinking of making a couple of beef patties.
i was also thinking about doing a "casserole" with the ground beef and frozen riced cauliflower.
but the cauliflower bloats me... and i've been feeling good, not being bloated.

and now that the weather is cooler, i can use my oven...
thinking of a brisket.
pork shoulder.
whole chickens.
ducks.
and more picanha.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-19, 05:56

BF:

So agree. I also make sure the protein is high for my kid and that in turn limits her attacking crap foods. good move on that one!

Love the roast. One cook, eat it all when wanted. Such an easy and simple way to handle the kitchen....omgosh I hate cooking mostly LOL

Same here. Oven cooking is coming back in mind for me also. Never turn it on in high summer, now with the weather cooling it is on the list to use again I so get that.

In general, carnivore is treating me great.
I have gotten great benefits that just keep me on plan like not being hungry at all and I love my focus is not on food like I normally would be.

so far, so good and will keep on rocking it out.

I got a ribeye I defrosted and have to eat up so that will be on the list today. ribeye and....thinking shrimp with it. got a hankering for it and tons in the freezer from a great shrimp sale I hit before, so I best start using them up
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-19, 08:00

BF:

Jeans finally feel good again! I think that pork really did a number on me. I'm only weighing once a month anymore because I'm happy enough with my size (though I'd love to be a little smaller) and I have a tendency to get addicted to the number on the scale and that irritates my husband so I'm not weighing anymore. Carnivore and low carb in general is all about my health these days.

But I think finally peed out all the inflammation. There were certain places on my body where my jeans were binding, but that is now, finally, thankfully, gone!
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-19, 08:04
Registered Member

I get to the point where I can’t button my waist button on my shorts.
I have to get serious and lose some weight/inches.
I don’t own a scale.
The button on my shorts is my scale.

My bloat is going.
I feel good. Will feel better when the button will button easily.
I’m going in search of meat, today.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-19, 06:40

BF:

Tess....hip hip hooray! So glad the jeans are fitting better and you are feeling a lot better now. I tell ya how our clothes feel on us is a huge factor in our daily lives....I so get that! Happy for you!

Yea, wink wink, wouldn't we all like to be just a little smaller LOL
I am 'big framed' where I am not a small petite skeleton and I just have to know that I won't ever have that smaller petite look on my body ever.…..so I just do best I can and make sure I am comfortable in what I wear, feel good, look good and all and it certainly makes me feel so much better and my confidence soars more.

Nice thing about the scale is if we hold a very extreme low carb, zero carb life we do keep leaning up, our body changes to better and better even if that stupid scale shows whatever number.....that is a long term benefit to zero carb I desire and love!

PilotGal….so right. I love you don't own a scale. SmartGal....oh it is Pilot Gal HAHA

I paid for mine so I ain't throwing it out, lol, but I want to get on it less and less which is what I am doing.

I put so much into how I feel on any given day. I know the horrible icky sluggy carb feeling, I adore the zero carb, highly energized wellness......plus if clothes feel tight ya know instantly and ya take action. Cool

today is hit store for sales
my local store has good sale on sirloin steak. GOOD price so grabbing a few family sized packs.

I like and don't like sirloin. How I COOK it I love.....very rare and it stays tender and has flavor.....hubby cooks it he goes into shoe leather over done for me. So I will control my own sirloin when I cook it, he is off the payroll of chef at that time LOL

for the holiday they stuck frozen snow crab legs on a sale...not great but lower than it was and I am grabbing 3 bags for Xmas dinner. So gonna get those now for that holiday.

Need some canned tuna and tins of sardines. I am a sardine lover in spurts. Eat 3-4-5 tins real fast when I want and love them then put them by the wayside til one day I hanker for them again.....now I want them again so gonna buy a few.

All good in carnivore land.

I did get on the scale....only down like .2....SO I don't even want to barely mention it BUT reason I got on the scale was I felt bloated up some and thought, hell I must have gained like 2 lbs at least the way I feel....nope down to a new low so....happy as heck about that LOL

Carnivore! ROCK ON