Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#406   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 20:55

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have read Dr. Paul Saladino's 2020 book The Carnivore Code and enjoyed it a lot.
Sponsored Links
  #407   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 05:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I scored on 2 big beef tenderloins. Me and Barb hit Sams Club. Limit 1 beef selection per person....Barb bought me one also.
So ribeye was $15.99 lb. Tbones like $14.99 and here was a big old beef tenderloin at $10.99 a lb. Oh heck yea. Price shock on 2 big whole ones but in the end, price per lb matters so....Came home, cut up into steak packages for freezer and I am in my glory for sure. I know I have to roll on whole cuts now for price survival I think. Barb said when I get low that me and her will go again....sounds good to me Thank goodness for good friends with membership cards LOL

Last edited by Whirrlly : Wed, May-27-20 at 06:57.
  #408   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 06:34

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

buying big is the way to go! I'm headed to Walmart today to see what's available - have not been to a store a a few weeks. At least get case of 60 eggs if they are there, that works great - yesterday I ate 9 of those suckers.
  #409   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 06:58

BF:

Eggs are a good side dish for me. I can't live on them anymore like I could before. They have no holding power for me at all. I am a 'heavy dense meat' zc person now LOL

60 eggs and around 9 at a clip, yea won't last long actually HAHA

Yea big whole cuts for price savings is gonna have to happen for me now. Eyeballs out for ALL sales on meat/seafood at all times. I say over and over my freezer is my best friend
  #410   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 07:20

BF:

Yep, freezer. I get the 10 lb chubs of ground beef and put them in bags of 340g or so each (about 12 oz) that's a good portion for me. I have about three of those on eating days (36 oz meat) and 3-9 eggs - yesterday the exception.

I decided to cook eggs in beef fat 3 at a time and see when I got full feeling from them. It took 9 - salt and some pepper only on the flat eggs like what I usually put under carnitas to catch the meat juice.

today is a no eating day for me. No problem usually. If I'm hungry, i'll eat tho
  #411   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 07:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123

today is a no eating day for me. No problem usually. If I'm hungry, i'll eat tho

yup, you are a freezer god also HAHA

your last line was a good one for zero carb. We can go so long when we adapt to eating this way and just don't eat if not hungry, and can choose to push that a bit further sometimes to give longer type fasting with not eating so that is a good thing for us zc people but the last part is key.....IF WE get hungry we must eat. We don't starve and push thru it. Longer on plan we know real hunger and eating heals and repairs us so.....sounds like you are on a good track for sure!!
  #412   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 07:33

BF:

Flat out agreed above by this Omnicarnivore !!!
  #413   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 05:12

BF:

Time to put on the feed bag today. Walmart still suggesting one "meat" from each type kind of a thing. No problem.

case of eggs (60)
5lb chub 73/27 ground beef
family bone in skin on chicken thighs
6lb prime rib to cut up into steaks

Should be good for a day or two.

Also saw an older lady in scooter with cane and basket filled with fruit juice struggling to see what other goodies in the day old bread/donut rack. I was tempted to assist but that might be considered enabling. Tuff call that one.

I moved on.
  #414   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 06:02

BF:

Great haul thud!! That is the way to shop!!

I am jealous of your 6lber ribeye ya know HAHA

Yea I feel for those people. They just don't know or won't...but it is their call on their life and if we interject to strangers, who knows how bad it can be for each side. It is a tough situation for sure. But if someone needs help even getting into a donut rack, LOL, then yea help them, not a darn thing wrong with helping someone even if they are making bad choices but if your conscience says nope to helping some get donuts, then you made the right call.

I want to scream to everyone about zc from the rooftops tho!!

-------------well I woke up not that hungry today. Sinus is clogging me up. Allergies got me. Will see how I roll on what I want to eat today.
  #415   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 08:15

BF:

Since it has pepper on it I'll call this an omnicarnivore breakfast (since I'm breaking a 36hr overnight fast). Fish 'N Eggs - I thought it might be gross so I tried it. Got a few cans of sardines at Walmart yesterday too. It's acutall pretty good on the egg pancake cooked in beef fat!

Maybe I'll have another or just some more eggs. Have meeting now so maybe appetite will go down after eating ~ 40g protein according to labels - maybe only 2 carbs with the eggs having carbs naturally
  #416   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 08:46

BF:

thud the carnivore or zc way is never count condiments as anything....and never count protein carbs.

it is useless to do so.

flavorings like pepper are cool cause they are not a meal. they flavor. but if one does bad on pepper and feels icky etc using it they dump it. a lot of zc people use a bit of pepper or garlic powder etc for flavor..….again this is more for newer people to this way of life cause they require it to help transition etc. cause longer and longer on zc, one usually drops most of the flavorings. but flavor is not a meal so it means nothing to us. But I ain't talking like a 1/2 cup of real cut up onion with our steak to 'flavor', I am talking a baby shake of onion powder type thing for flavor.

and while there are purist zc people, those who won't touch dairy cause it is not alive and never has been and don't fit a carnivore category, there are a few definite small options a zc person can easily do and be zc.

I ain't no omnivore whatever cause I use salt or pepper. I am a zc'er who uses a dash of salt for flavoring
  #417   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 09:22

BF:

Pepper =/= animal food, it IS food for animals tho haha - then we can eat the animals or what the produce I guess like milk, cheese, etc, etc, etc...
  #418   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 17:19

BF:

do animals eat pepper, I would think most would not eat pepper LOL I don't know.

Good thing is us carnivores thrive on meat and seafood....what little extra we do add for flavor doesn't bother me personally and so many others, so just do what works best for yourself and soldier on is all we can do
  #419   ^
Old Fri, May-29-20, 05:10

BF:

off to get my LIMIT of 2 steaks from the local store near me. on sale Tbones. 2 today, 2 tomorrow, 2 til the sale goes off. Well maybe if I get a burr to go that often which I won't....so 2 Tbones for the freezer is good enough HAHA

so want this limit of meat purchase gone. oh well
  #420   ^
Old Fri, May-29-20, 06:29

BF:

Get the BIG ones Whirrly LOL. Maybe the should be limiting Frosted Flakes and Fruity Pebbles for peoples health during this time as well! Oh well, supply and demand I guess is the way of things in the market place. You can't really tell someone what to eat, just like that lady going for the stale donuts. I don't care what you eat and I sure hope you don't care what I eat. It's really none of our business to be in other peoples I guess. But it's a tuff call when you might think there's being some harm done to others.

Side benifit of using 73/27 ground beef besides the price. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO EAT NASTY BUTTER, NOT EVER AGAIN!! and true out your Carnivore Roll LOL - look at that spoon!