Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 15:03

Plan: Low GI/cal
Stats: 254.1/232.5/132 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi all,

Sticking with induction and all is well with me! Just need to get out for a walk and stop being soooo lazy!!

BankerMom, DANDR suggests to add in 5 grams of carbs extra each week until you find your own carb level.

Trinigirl, You did really well to stick with lc, even if it was only cheese; that's sticking to your goal!

Here's to us all and another successful day at our goals

Sandra
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 23:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Everyone,
Just did not get to eat well today, lots of running around, I am a landscape designer with a client who wants a very large new garden desigened and installed but the gardening season it at the end, so I spent my entire day trying to find some plants for same. I did not drink enough water also. not a good day. Don't want my body to go into stave mode by not eating and I felt my blood sugar drop so low, not good. Will try to do better tomorrow, but it's going to be another difficult one.
Thanks and Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-05, 05:34

Stats: 145/135/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 50%

Ahh..I'm so mad! I went out to eat for lunch yesterday and instead of ordering a certain salad that I love and know is SAFE, I ventured out. I ordered a taco salad that I was assured had ONLY beef, lettuce, cheese, a FEW olives and tomatoes. I asked TWICE - it has no tortilla strips or anything, right??? NOPE said the waitress. I was starving and was chomping it down and HALFWAY into it realized that there were little tortilla strips in it, but they were soggy with the dressing! GRRR.

Then, last night we ordered sushi in (sushi used to be my FAVORITE food) so I ordered a sashimi salad (just fish on greens - no rice). It was good, but I think all the salt in the soy based dressing made me bloated.

This morning I weighed myself and I'm UP ALMOST TWO POUNDS OVER YESTERDAY! I COULD CRY!!!!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-05, 10:39
Autistic Carnivore

Plan: NeanderThin
Stats: 369/244.5/219 Male 70 inches
BF:37.5
Progress: 83%

Bring a tape recorder with you to any restaurant. First ask to talk with the manager and play back what the waitress said, and then sue for attempted murder. (Hey, being obese cuts life expectancy).

I've had more hell over ribs with no sauce then I know what to do with. Half the time, they try to rinse it off, but I can taste, and usually even SEE, the sauce there. I find the phrase "deathly allergic" sometimes works to procure honesty.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-05, 14:44

BF:

LOL Hybrid; good idea!!

I am doing OK on induction except for the rum and pepsi max I had last night (1 glass).......the darn scales arn't moving though so tomorrow I'll measure. May have to eat more m & e and fat to force them! Not panicking yet - will keep going; I am committed to losing the 10!!!

Sandra
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 18:36
Autistic Carnivore

In the United States, we don't have Pepsi Max, but we do have a really bad horror movie with Jeff Goldblum called "Hideaway" (although it has a really nice industrial music soundtrack, which I own). This horror movie is filled with product placement ads for Pepsi Max. One year after the movie, with no Pepsi Max in sight, I started to wonder. Five years later, the curiosity finally got the better of me and I looked it up online to discover it is an actual product.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 05:54

BF:

Good Morning everyone,
Doing really really well with this WOL eating, but can't seem to find the time to fit in getting to the gym. Very busy with work and small children and running a home. Will give it the best shot this week, thinking of joining Curves instead of my old gym, since the workout is only 30 mins, and I don't have much time in a day and at my gym I use to spend an hour and a half,
for my workouts....
Have not cheated once since I started on October 18th. however I think that I need to workout inorder to lose weight. I feel much better and have been sleeping more, I am less moody and my DH is very greatfull for this and so are my children. Just have to get the workout going....
I love this sight, it keep me going, I don't post much but I read evey day
Love all the posting and I am thankfull that I can come here and learn so much.
Thank you all.
Warmest regards,
Joy.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 12:48
Autistic Carnivore

I need to work out to keep my immune system healthy. I'll start as soon as my immune system health improves.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I'm in. Am working on postpartum weight - hoping for more than 10 lbs.. but 10 comes first I need to wear something besides big black stretchy pants.
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 13:55

BF:

Hello all and welcome Meg S; congrats on the bub.

I'm hangin in there and still on induction; clothes are much looser and I am planning a walk today (about 1/2 hour).

Trinigirl, Curves sounds great. I have heard many people mention it on this site and finally they are arriving (soon) in my neighbourhood in Australia!!!

Hybrid, I'll have to make a point of checking out the movie and soundtrack (if I can bring myself to watch a horror) used to watch them ALL the time until wait for it.......I saw "American Werewolf in London" - I know everyone thinks I'm strange but something about that movie really affected me! & I try to avoid them these days. LOL.

I don't drink a lot of pepsi max but it is a good mixer with alcohol now and then; think it tastes better than diet coke......

Hope you all have a great day

Sandra
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 14:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/195/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi,
I want to join in on the 10 pound by Xmas callenge.

I would like to know what "carb cheaters" are?

I would like to know what the "warrior Diet" is, as well?
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 15:27

Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Default Can I join??

Hi all...

I know I'm a little late, but I'd like to join this challenge.

I'd love to lose more than 10 pounds by Christmas, but I'll start with that.

I restarted Induction on Halloween (of all days), and have been cheat free since then. So far, I've lost 4.5 pounds. So, I figure that I'm on my way.

One of my goals is to get moving more. I did better last week...made it to the gym 3 times, but nothing since Thursday. I'm thinking a nice long walk sounds good this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

TTFN!!!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 17:19

BF:

Hi Everyone,
I am having a difficult time of it today, must be the weather, I have not had the urge to snack since I started this WOE however today I am feeling to do so. I am full, but I need a party in my mouth. Help me keep holding on. Going to have a very large drink of water and hope it helps somewhat, any other ideas please let me know.
Thanks in advance for all the support.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 17:53

BF:

Time to look into some low carb recipes perhaps to satisfy that 'party'! But for now, yes have lots of water and maybe go out for a walk?

Keep going, you are on your way

Do you take any supplements?

Sandra
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 08:24

Stats: 145/135/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 50%

How many days before you consider it a stall? The first couple of weeks I lost weight so fast and then I had that one bad salad and I showed a 2lb gain and now I'm stuck there for the past 4 days. Ugh. I've got to stay motivated and not cave and give up like I have done in the past. Should I maybe start logging my food on fitday or something? I've tried the tool here and it was not very user friendly.