Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1351   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-20, 10:27

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%
Angry

NIC- OMG- you only get 2 hours sleep when you get home!!!! Boy my ARSE would be DRAGGIN!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Awesome on the almost pound gone!!! - What plans you got going on this weekend?

TRIG- I guess you are heading out tomorrow? Where in GA are you going? Near a beach??????
I know you are ready for a change of scenery ...... I know you got a stack of slim jims
HAHAHAH

Lori- I was thinking of you this morning! Getting up so early to get out there and run!!!
Are you still doing your yoga?

Hi Blue- ?
------------------------------------------------------------
I am a nervous Nellie and DO NOT like the way my realtor has handled this sale.

So I am relaxing last night- and get a call at 8:45- stating that the appraiser was coming first thing this morning! OMG- My place is a moving mess.
So she says- ya that is why I am calling you now- so you can get it fixed up before 11. Not a happy camper.

She has done nothing in this entire process except the pictures she had someone else come out and post. Other than that- NADA.
So I said- What if it doesn't appraise for what I am selling for?

She says well we can negotiate through that. I say- You told me her parents would make up the difference. Then she says- I don't remember that.
Trust me- when it comes to money I CERTAINLY remember. She says maybe we can split the difference.
I then respond- nope- I will just take it off the market and put a pad lock on it.

She hasn't responded to that. -

Add- that to my contract for work seems to keeps getting delayed for one reason or another. Have a meeting tomorrow........

My lawn boy quit today- and let my grass a mess................

I am going to stop talking............. I am IN A MOOD....... GROWLLLLLLLLL GROWLLLLLLLLL GROWLLLLLLLLLLL

Going to meet Mom and her husband in a few hours for an early dinner for his birthday. Not in the mood- I think I am going to have a rum Drink- it is 5 o'clock somewhere. Plus it will be 4 hours before I need to go out. I might just have them pick me up- I am on the way.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Jul-24-20 at 10:34.
Sponsored Links
  #1352   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-20, 15:57

BF:

all good- crusty day- relaxing now- tomorrow will be better!!!
  #1353   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-20, 16:32

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Just here to put my . down. We switched lanes on the book and decided to submit part 1 to professional content editor instead of beta readers for now. It's very important we get the foundation right, or nothing else is going to be right---I learned that lesson w/the last book I wrote.

We have to get it in by Aug. 1 to fit her window of availability. LOL, dear Lord, thought we were done w/part 1 weeks ago, but we have made several structural revisions since, and structural revisions are big and hard.

Been writing every day like mad for the last week to meet deadline. Just can't bring myself to type another thing, including here.

This intense part WILL BE OVER soon, then we start Part 2, but it will not be as demanding, at least as first. Miss y'all. Hope to catch up w/everyone and be back soon, but might be a few days yet.
  #1354   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-20, 05:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I'm off in a bit guys.

will chat up later when I got time.

So far all good and hopefully no drama on the trip

be good, stay safe and enjoy the weekend....will check in later with ya'll
  #1355   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-20, 05:14

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I've been a whirling dervish this morning! Up before 5:30 to down a quick cup of coffee and then headed to the grocery store at 6:15. Home by 6:45 everything put away by 7.....whew! Now I have time for another cup of coffee before golf. My golfing partner had originally said she had to work today, and I was sad. Then she called me yesterday afternoon and said things had changed and she is off all weekend. All is right in my world again!

Jaz.....so sorry for all the turmoil with the house sale and the new job. Round and round you go! Everything will work out, but why can't it be easy and all by the book? Good thing you are super resilient!

Blue....sounds like you are super stressed with the book. I'm sure it'll all come around and be fine, but what a lot of work! Hang in there girl!

Nic....hope you have some good family time in the pool this weekend as it's going to be hot again. A dip in the pool and then lie under the gazebo.....I can just picture it!

Trig.....have you hit the road? Hope your toof has settled down and that you have no trouble with it while you're away. I'll be picturing you paddling your kayak on the lake and relaxing with a cold beverage in your lounge chair. Enjoy!

------

Ok....just about time to get ready to hit the links. I don't even care how badly I play....I just NEED to be out there.

Later!
  #1356   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-20, 05:52

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- Yea!! On a golfing weekend! I know you are a happy gal!!!
Oh man about an early grocery trip!!! What is the latest you have ever slept in!!! HAHAHAHHA
Funny I love sleep. I don't mind feeling like a slug every now and again. When I am working I run at full tilt! I could use a bit of work about now!

Enjoy your day! What boxes are you getting these days?

Trig- Safe travels!!!! Let us know when you get there, set up, beach chair out, rum drink in hand!!!

Blue-- I know you are caught up in the part of writing I dislike. The actual bits, and foundational part. I love the creative flowing thoughts. You are most likely into the structural part that drove me nuts in school!!!
Keep us posted!

Hiya NIC!!! - Doing your thing !!!!!
----------------------------------------------------
Having coffee with the "boss" and another soon to be VP this morning. She is a double masters of education and will be in charge of the educational piece of how to......

I will be over case management. Mine is a clinical piece. I just want to get started!
So more details after the meeting!!!!

Meanwhile the calendar is counting down on me handing over the keys. I am hoping this goes on without a hitch at this point!
Then I am off for 4 weeks to beach it.

Me and the dogger- on the road again!!!!!!

Back later!
  #1357   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-20, 06:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- I am confused about the appraisal and the house sale. I don't understand how it all interrelates. You can fill me in if you want to but you don't have to!

Super curious as to how the meeting will go today. Fingers crossed for you that it all goes well! Can't wait for an update on that.

Weird your yard kid quit. Too hot or what? I hope the thing with your Mom and SD went all right.

Blue- Wow, that explains a lot about where you have been! No wonder you have been scarce, you are working your bootie off on your book! I hope it goes well and you meet the deadline. Hugs and miss you!

Trig- Have a wonderful trip, a million times better than your last one!

Lori- Yay for your golf being reinstated!! No more sad Lori! Good on you getting your grocery trip out of the way early. Now you are finished with it!

••••••••••

Happy Saturday, all!

DS21 is in the airport right now, off to see his GF for a week. I am freaking out some about him being on a plane and have extracted about a million promises from him about hand washing, using wipes, using his mask etc during travel. They will keep to themselves once he gets there so I have no concern about that part. I could tell he was feeling uneasy too.

DS18's GF is leaving very soon for her (tiny tiny) college. DS18 just released a new song and I assume it is about her. He is pretty much seeing her daily now. The boy has fallen hard. I am a little worried about how grumpy he might be once she has gone! Her college is four hours away and allows no visitors.

DD and SoIL came over yesterday while we were finishing up an early dinner. DH, DS21 and DD/SoIL got in the pool and played two games of volleyball. I just stayed in. I was starting to wear down from my overnight. Overall though I have adjusted well to them- I can tell a difference from the first one for sure.

We had to drop the Ford Fusion off to get looked at. Apparently it is having some issues- I guess we will see what the problems are and how much, and go from there. We bought it as a stopgap and it has served that job well, but we didn't expect to need a car this year and now we will, with DS18 staying home.

Down .4 today so it has been a good few days for weight loss after being on a pause for a bit. Last night we had breakfast supper. I made well seasoned sausage patties (I do them by hand and the menfolk LOVE them) and pancakes. I made Carbquik pancakes for myself with sf syrup. They all raved. Funny how they come to love certain meals. I get sick of almost all of them after awhile!

I might go hiking today on some wooded trails. I work tomorrow 3-7 and DH has to work tomorrow too. Have a good day!
  #1358   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 03:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz......No update from you this morning? I sure was hoping that you got some good, solid details about your new job and would have lots to tell us. You're making me nervous!

Nic.....Where did your DS21 fly to? I have forgotten where his girlfriend is. I hope it was an uneventful trip. How long will he be gone? Uh-oh.....so you're going to have a lovesick boy on your hands when DS18's girl leaves for school. Good luck!

Trig....All set up at camp? Hope the weather is perfect.

Blue....Are you having some down time this weekend?
----------
Well, we have an early start at the golf course today. I have to be there by 7:30. We had a good time yesterday. Some really good shots and some bad, as usual. That's golf!

It is just getting day light and there are a bunch of boats going up the river. There must be a fishing tournament somewhere. This is a common occurrence in the summer on early weekend mornings. I'm not sure where they're headed, but they put up quite a racket going up the river!

Time to get moving!
  #1359   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 08:12

BF:

This gal SLEPT IN!!!!!!!- I was not in a mood to talk to anyone yesterday after being around the two others gals and then ones hubby also- in a small apt. I was there for hours!!!! I got there about 1030- left at 430.

She was good about it and served an egg bake thing - no carbs- and fruit I passed on that. But I felt I knew no more after I left than I did when I got there.

So the new job update- would be a DREAM job- WHEN it materializes. The key word WHEN/ and WHERE!!!- They also have not pinned down where the head quarters will be. SIGHHHHHHH
They are hopeful things will get going within the next week or so. They said I could start via Zoom if still in St. Simon.

Hopeful..... and concrete are two different animals. I may need to pick something else in as an in-between / until job until this comes through.
Now once it does- again a DREAM job! I get to build something from the ground up. EVERY bit of it. I actually was given a take to put it in writing what my part would look like.
Everything from staffing- to the type of software I want, to the computers I want. Of course I want IT ALL......... HAHAHAHAHAH

Nic- I bet you are a tired pup!!! I just can't lose sleep to often as I don't bounce like I did as a younger person! I wondered how you were going to handle that. But then again not everyone needs to sleep like I do.
Look at Trig and Lori- early birds!!!!

Awhhhhhh..... young love..... so sweet. I feel for your DS18. Yea he may get mournful a few days!!!
But with cell phones these days - they will burn up their phones in texts.

I so get your angst over your DS21 getting on a plane about now!!!
Is he going to pop the question???? So exciting!!!!

Trig- have you arrived? Can't wait to hear the adventures!!!

Lori- Have fun on the course today!!!! It truly warms my heart to see you back on the course!
Enjoy your LC beer no guilts!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Blue-- Goodness you are in it!!!! I hope you are taking some time out for yourself!!!!!
Check in when you can- thanks for the update!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I went out and bought some big plastic tubs and plan to concur that closet today. I will be home getting the final touches on packing. I want most of it done by end of today. Just keeping out what I am using.
I also need to separate what I will be taking to the beach house. like vacay stuff!!! Towels, sunscreen, pool floaty, beach chair! FUN STUFF

As much as I can't WAIT to see my DS- I was hoping a few down days from closing and get a few days of quiet before he comes.
I love him. He is just so full of energy!!!- He will want to see, explore, beach it. I will be coming straight up from the stress of selling the house- spending the night with my mom- and heading out.

It is what it is......

Back later!!!!!
  #1360   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 08:19

BF:

Jaz- Not to put pressure on you bc Lord knows I am not great at this but I hate when you don't check in! lol I hope all is well with you, I hope your meeting went well, I hope you are getting some good sleep or something.

Lori- I would love sitting and watching boats go by. That is so cool.
Glad you are getting to play golf so much. A year ago that was just a dream for you! What a blessing to have healed and able to do all the things you are doing now!

••••••••••

DS21 sent a pic- he is safely in NC and happily cocooning with the GF for the week. She is working really really hard on school stuff and he has to work for his job M-F so they will both be concentrating and working hard during the daytime hours. Her school sounds incredibly hard and demanding.

DS18 had his Bestie over yesterday- they bought some new clothes and then hung out playing video games and such. It makes me happy to see him having these moments of normality in the wake of everything else.

I continue to be super grateful for the State we live in. Massive levels of compliance if you take out things like beach-going morons. No mask, no service, full stop.

The mechanic couldn't replicate whatever problems the Ford is having so we will just have to see how it goes. If it keeps happening then we will run it by the Ford dealership to see if it is the Engine battery (it's a hybrid.) Hopefully not.

On plan and doing fine. Something I ate yesterday bothered by stomach (bloating, gas) and I am not sure if it was something with allulose in it, or if it was lettuce/tomato. I might do a control test tomorrow when I'm not working to see if I get the same response from the item with allulose.

Work today from 3-7. Ten to one I give a bath and hold a sleeping baby at the very least. Yes, please!
  #1361   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 08:53

BF:

Jaz we cross posted! Glad to see you check in!

It concerns me that there seems to be no movement as the weeks go by but when this does kick off you will be in such a good position, which is so exciting! You indeed may need to find an interim position though. It doesn't have to be in the medical field necessarily then, right?

Can you ask your son to wait a day or two, now that he won't be in FL the week before?

Good luck with the closet!
  #1362   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 13:37

BF:

Afternoon check-in,

I am one tired girl! It is hot, hot, hot. I think 2 days out in the heat has just worn me out. We ended up hooking up with 2 other gals today so we had a foursome. We had a good time, but it's stressful playing with people you're not used to playing with and they are two of the best women players at our course. Pressure! They want me to come and play on Tuesday & Thursday mornings with them. I'm still thinking about it. I guess I might as well as it'll soon be Winter and I won't be able to play at all!

Jaz.....sorry you didn't get any answers to the new position yesterday. I'm still holding out hope that things will work out for this dream job. How lovely to have the month at the beach to look forward to.

Nic.....so nice that DS21 can work while visiting his girlfriend. She does school stuff and he works and then they have their evenings. Nice!

We're having an easy dinner tonight and I'll be heading to bed early.

"See" you tomorrow!
  #1363   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 19:29

BF:

Hey ladies !!!!!!!!
Delightful day- nap was included!
Personals tomorrow!!!!!!

I'm here NIC!!!

I think I am the only one who has never watched Downton Abby- so I am starting it!!!!

Season one/ episode 1- I am in the first 5 minutes and can't wait! I love love love the customs, time, back round!!!

Nite!!!
  #1364   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 04:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Another night of so-so sleep. I guess it's just too hot for a good night's sleep. It was 87 in my bedroom when I went to bed last night! I had a nice air coming in the window from the fan in the other bedroom, but with the humidity, it wasn't very refreshing. Plus, I couldn't shut my mind off.....I was just twirling for some reason. I think this is the last day of the high humidity.

I've decided to go play golf on Tues/Thurs mornings with the ladies at the club. There are a couple of them who are sort of a pain in the a$$, but I'll deal with it. Maybe they think I'm a pain in the a$$ too!

I need to go out for a run at some point today. I'm not really "feeling" it, but I'll trudge out a few miles. I'm scheduled for my long run on Wednesday...6.5 miles. The playing golf 2 days a week is going to impact my running schedule, but as DH says, you can't play golf in the winter time! Better do it now.

Jaz.....I loved Downton Abbey!! I even went to see the DA movie at a theater by myself as it is not DH's cup of tea. I hope you enjoy it!

Well, I need to drink some coffee and try to get myself moving. Have good days!
  #1365   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 06:30

BF:

Good Morning!
It's Monday and here I sit ready for my coffee as soon as it's brewed!!!!!

Lori- I love you are going to join the ladies golf club! Yea a few might be PIA's but it's hard to go anywhere and not find a grouch somewhere.
I should know- they are attracted to me!!! HAHAHAHAH- Seriously!!!
MEH- Blow them off and go your merry way.

So cool about Downton Abby. I know I am behind the times with that series!!!!

So are you still getting your boxed food? I think that is the most hard part- figuring out what I am hungry for!!!

I would SO SO SO SO not be able to sleep in that heat!!! 67 tops- meat locker!!!
But if it makes you feel any better that nap yesterday was too late in the day and I had a hard time going to bed!! Then once I was in bed- I tossed and turned as well. Not restful.

I am still stuck in heat and humidity!!! I don't know how you run in this crap! for you!!!!

NIC- Ahhwwwww love baby smell!!!! You have an awesome job!

It is nice when we can have some normal back!!! Glad your DS had his BFF over and they just hung out!

Hope your car doesn't cost $$$$- hate that!!

People here are about 50/50 on masks! I don't get it the resistance. I mean yea it's they're right now to wear one. But then they want care when they get sick!!! GRHHHHHH

I am really over people making this virus a political issue. It is a human issue. It holds no prisoners - it will go for anybody! Granted some people are more at risk, that is why we need to be mindful for our fellow mankind! Ok- off the high horse!

Yea- you ask a few posts back about the house appraisal and the sale of the house. Well if she was a cash buyer it would make no difference. I could ask for a million dollars and if someone wanted to pay it then I would have a sale.
However, if I ask for a million dollars and someone needs bank funding ie mortgage, it needs to appraise for close to what I am asking. The bank wants to know that if the person borrows money and can't pay it back- they get the house. They don't want to take a huge $$ risk. So it needs to be in the same ball park!
I think I will be ok due to the location and lack of homes in my area for sale.

It amazes me that you can just "decide" to hop back on the wagon and drop weight so fast!!!! Good for you! You are so active though!
Enjoy that baby today!!!!

Blue/ Trig- updates!!!!!- Trig- hope you got settled!
------------------------------------------------------------------
I noted I slept fitfully.
I allowed the WHAT IF's to play in my head. That is SO unproductive and a huge waste of energy. In the middle of the night though things seem bigger- then the sun comes out and everything melts off and the day is bright!

I too am uneasy that the amount of time that has gone by without a contract is disturbing....... ie awake last night!
I know it's coming...... maybe just not in my time frame. So yes I need to figure something else out in the mean time.

So finding a job- via COVID pandemic with so many people out of work. Daunting! I don't want to go back to the hospital. I just can't. It broke me the things I had to see.

So I am exploring other options. I spent some time yesterday looking for some Telehealth options. I was sorta interested in 2 positions- sent them my resume. Then I realized I sent the wrong resume. I sent the old one with my old phone number!!!
So, I was up until after midnight getting that corrected.

Today is going to be a positive day.
Even though I was up late last night I do listen to podcasts and broadcasts while I am trying to go to sleep. I listened to this podcast that really was for me!
It was about being your best self! I love it! I have been working towards that for a minute now! Work in progress!

I will be ready to hit up the pool/ beach in 2 weeks!

Things will work out- I have no doubt. Someway somehow- they always do!

Well- my second cup of coffee is done. I need to shower up and head out. I am getting my oil changed. I am happy to have my car back!! I am glad I fought to get it fixed rather than totaled out!

I still have not touched that closet!!!! OMG! HAHAHAHAH

Back later!