Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1411   ^
Old Mon, Aug-03-20, 08:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all! It's Monday!

Trig- GIRL, BITE YOUR TONGUE!! No, no baby for us for sure. OMG I would literally freak out and probably have to be on a psych ward. lol I'm 51 now so surely I am headed in the direction of menopause at this point! But two years? Ugh no thank you please!!

Hopefully your DD is continuing to heal and you won't have to do anything more about her ankle/foot.

You and I tend to follow a very similar eating pattern (at least naturally) of 11-1 and then later afternoon. With my family being here I tend to try to eat with them around 6 though, at least sometimes. If I had no one else to consider I would definitely finish up by around 4.

FAB that you are feeling lean and trim. That ZC lifestyle treats you right for sure!

Jaz- Thanks for sharing about your menopause symptoms. It helps to know what I might be facing! I definitely had some hot nights a few months back but that seems to have abated. The moodiness also has abated for the most part FOR THE MOMENT. I am wondering if being back on the LC train is helping with all that. I'm thinking it must be but then again, you are symptomatic here or there so I dunno.

HOORAY on being back to 10 down!! That is so great!

Glad to hear your son got in safely. I hope you all have a good weather week together and that you enjoy your month there. I am jeally!!

You have a good head on your shoulders and manage change really well. I know you will come out ahead of whatever is coming your way. You are very gifted in that area!

Glad you enjoyed such a long walk with your son, too. I am a little concerned that you have an area that is sore and swollen on your foot. That shouldn't happen from a 3.5 mile walk. Hopefully all you need is a new pair of shoes!

AND CONGRATS ON GETTING THE DREADED CLOSET DONE!

Lori- Wow, you were young indeed!

I hope your run goes well. Hopefully the temperatures will be nice to you and stay pleasant and low.

What ice cream were you eating and laid off of? Rebel or something else? Were you eating a serving size or more? Just curious bc I am okay with eating that in limited amounts.. but we are all different!

Blue- Hope you are doing well and recovering from getting Part One submitted. I know you still have much more to write!

••••••••

Work went well yesterday. Gave baby a bath, cut and filed his little teeny nails and then held him while he slept. No complaints! We've switched from nights to days for now. Dad is starting back to work this week for the first time and Mom is freaking out a little bit. Plus of course I'm sure we are all a little jumpy about nights; I totally get it. It will be nice to not have to clear my schedule for recuperation from overnights but I will miss the night bottle and snuggles. I am fine with doing either.

Up half a pound from my OMAD day previously, which seems to be the way it works for me and another reason why I don't tend to do that often, just if I'm feeling it. Also, I ate late bc I ate after I got home from work. Still doing really well and completely on plan. I'm on a roll!

Working today from 2-6, then I'll come home and get dinner going. We're doing breakfast for dinner tonight! Sausage and pancakes for the masses. I'll do LC pancakes for me. Meanwhile I will also vacuum and get some loads of laundry done.

Our heat finally broke. I'm so excited to be back in the 80s again!

I went and bought a Dash (9.99) mini wafflemaker yesterday. I am going to explore the wide world of chaffles! I made a set of chaffle waffles yesterday and had two along with some bacon. They were good and I was certainly full for a good long time. There are TONS of recipes for a wide variety of types of chaffles so this could be fun.

That's about it from here. DS21 is back and making breakfast- two eggs on toast and bacon. I know I am not hungry yet, really, but the smell of bacon baking is killer! lol
Sponsored Links
  #1412   ^
Old Mon, Aug-03-20, 09:03

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Nic....oh no....I wasn't eating LC ice cream. It was the real thing, plus I would put a big spoonful of Jif pnut butter in it! OMG....it's a wonder I didn't gain 20 lbs in the weeks I was doing that. I like Rebel Creamery Ice cream and usually have some on hand, but I won't let myself eat it if I'm eating other stuff I shouldn't. I figure why waste the LC stuff and then turn around and eat a cookie? I'm glad to be back on track and getting that ice cream monkey off my back!

Trig...No, I haven't been doing the every other day diet thing. With the level of activity I'm doing, I just can't seem to stick to a very low calorie day.

Jaz....that pain on your foot....do you think you're getting a bunion? I'd try some good supportive running shoes like Brooks. They are $$, but if you order them from the Brooks website, you can try them(even outside) for 90 days and still send them back if you decide they are not for you.

Back from my run. I had a lot of trouble keeping my heart rate down for some reason. Maybe because I ate 2 hours before and it was a bit warm and humid. Who knows? It was just a less than satisfying workout, but a few miles is better than none.

Ok.....a shower and some relaxation. Have a good day!
  #1413   ^
Old Mon, Aug-03-20, 10:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I had the same reaction at age 43 for my first one and only....but I had to have that one kid come heck or highwater LOL knowing college and retirement would darn near hit at the same time, but in my 50s....a kid, please put me down first HAHA

Yea you are starting. It is fine truly. You stay very very LC you will control the crazy of hot flashes, moods and more. Periods will do whatever they want and truly it is no big deal on that part....but remember to have something with ya just in case that sucker decides today is the day and right now....but for me when it left, it kinda truly left ya know and I was thrilled with just that Never fear, natural life going down but truly and no joke, very LC means a whole diff. in what effects you get and how rough they might be. So keep lc obvy LOL

chaffles would do ya good. I tried this stuff but too eggy for me in that eggs now are kinda not my thing but for many they are the bomb to eating well....so if they suit ya, you got for it!!

yea we got Tstorms around, heat broke. waiting on hurricane residue to come? oh well....but it is still Aug so I hope the 90s return big time...we are like 88 today and its seem 'cool' to me

Lori yea that could be a combo...with the racing of your heart with food and heat/humid and of course you could be darn tired for some reason. If not out of the ordinary or weirdo you would be ok I think.....does the 'heart monitoring' while running mean alot to you in that if XYZ amt. of beats you 'do better' with running and benefits? I have no clue LOL

Oh,,,,yea I get that. DD days would be more like a less active time in your seasons on plan. Winter is good DD time of course and summer with golf and running it would be smarter to eat more....I sure understand that.

-----rain around. hit store fast and got kiddo fast food and went thru big storm to get home and sun, and not that far LOL storms tracking whatever they want right now but with sun I am doing pool right now.

hubby driving to Virginia for car trade....home tonight around 9/10?

to the bathing suit and some cleaning on pool before the storms come this way
  #1414   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 04:48

BF:

wow me first, me first LOL

nothing doing here, gonna be boring to read

off to pool store, water a bit cloudy and can't get it balanced, Nicco your DH knows this one on chem levels HAHA

home to work on pool between rain drops and do other small chores.

hubby driving another car a long distance. Home way later tonight but he enjoys it so......

kid walking a tad better, swelling down alot but it is still a bad ankle....but so far, so good and will keep evaluating. She is getting super duper bored now...ugh...that means PIA to me ya know. HAHA Come on 2 days of school....Aug 17 she goes back 2 days and she needs it.

Got me 1/2 lb. down the scale...WEE....took longer this time for my little tiny drop but it came. I am eating SO well. All fine in zc land for me

Jaz giving ya my food yesterday: 6 oz beef tenderloin, 2 chicken breasts, 3/4 lb. massive cheeseburger patty, 1 tin of sardines, 4 slices salami.

nothing more....gotta hit shower fast, hit road to pool place and get'er done. Times a'wastin'
  #1415   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 05:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Woke to rain this morning and I guess that will be the status quo for most of the day. We sure need the rain, but it'll make my trip to the grocery store miserable. I suppose I won't melt.

No running today, but have to do my strength training again. It only takes about 20 minutes. I also have to make Betty some more of that celery(yuck) seed dressing. She practically drinks the stuff! Blech! She's really enjoying her salads, so it makes it all worthwhile. She puts all manner of veggies, plus cheese and hard boiled eggs. Makes a meal out of it!

I'm going to look for some high fiber carbs to help fuel my runs when I go to the store. I just don't have enough energy for all that I want to do. My plan is to increase carbs a bit before and right after my runs, but stay LC the rest of the day. I want to stay between 50-100 grams of carbs. I know the scale will pop up initially due to water retention, but we'll see how it goes. The key will be to control the portion of carbs to make sure I keep things in balance. Round and round I go.

Ok.....off I go into the rain. Have good days!
  #1416   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 06:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Tues morning Ladies!!!!

Lori-
- looks like you are going to have rain most of the day!
Yea I agree with celery dressing- YUCK. But I do love salads. I really do.
My favorite is a chopped salad- with egg and bacon, and blue cheese. All time fave!
Or put shrimp and ranch on it!

I hear ya on needing some more carbs when you are working out more. I tell ya though it is hard when ya flip around - what do the other runners do?
Do you have a race in mind?

Thanks for the tip on Brook shoes. I might have a bunion- but I thought that was for old ladies!!!!!!

NIC-
I am glad you are back to working with the baby and your tumble didn't end that. That would have been a mental issue. But good for you that they have some common sense!!!!

Any news yet on DS18 and school? Has that been resolved yet?

Trig-- I am in awe of what you eat and are dropping!!!! I so wished you had taken your measurements! I really bet you have lost double the inches then pounds. I would rather loose inches!
That means you have kept muscle!!! HOT MOMMA!!!!

Yup- time to clean up the pool and get back in!!! Can you believe we are almost down with summer?????? Seriously! Where have 2020 gone? The year that wasn't!!!!

I am glad the kiddo ankle better!!!

You know the minute I get my butt on the beach I am sending a pic! HEHEHEHEH

Blue- Working hard? Have you watched Downton Abby????
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So, In speaking of Downton Abby- yes I am already in season 3!!
I love the sets- and OMG the glamor of the ladies. The dresses, the jewelry, the hats, I love it all!!!!
Most of all I love the character Maggie Smith plays- she NAILED it!!!
Wise Matriarch of the family! LOVE IT.
I just love those long necklaces and long flapper dresses, so sheer and flowing! Notice none of the ladies are full figured, except the kitchen help! HAHAHAHAH
It has been a wonderful distraction at night. When my day is done I cuddle up with the pup and we are in another world, in a different time.

Today is going to be the start of non-stop until I pull up to beach house on Sat.
Today is the last day to finish up loose ends. I need to also go out and finish up the paper work for the other storage unit. I am also going to do some arranging the other storage unit I also have as I might need to move some more boxes into it. I will have 2 units.

Then I will come back here and pack up my bedroom. Movers will be here 9:30 sharp. Mom is picking up Bella and will keep her there until the move is over.

I will come back here then and pack up my car only keeping out what I am using in the here and now! I will sleep at my mom's as I will not have furniture.

Today:- Finish packing- storage unit
Wed- Movers/ pack car
Thur- clean house last time- make it sparkle after movers. Take out trash
Fri- Closing
Sat- destination beach 5 hour drive / leaving early

This is my last night in the doll house! I am ready. This house has served me SO well. For that I give it my gratitude and am ready to hand over the keys! It will seem odd to not have a house.

WOE- up 2 pounds. I am bouncing a bit. I am doing the best I can this week. It has been a rough WOE week with my kitchen and house ripped up. I have to get something out today. I don't use as much salt as place out do! Urghhhhhhhh.

I am thinking steak salad today. There is a place a mile up that makes a pretty nice steak salad. They give you a huge chopped salad- and a steak on the side! But it is $$$ - Oh well........

Ok ladies! Back shortly!
  #1417   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 13:59

BF:

Back-
Had to hit up storage unit, pick up food and finish last bit of kitchen.

Put older TV and camp chair and red huge reading chair to curb. The red reading chair still there. I love that chair. so comfortable. I hope someone takes it.
It is too big, bulky, and I can't store it. It needs to repurpose! Otherwise I will had guys grab it and I will drop it at Good will on way to storage locker.

Feet up and tired. Still so tired. I HAVE to go through winter vs summer clothes. Could use nap! -
I did that yesterday and I was then up to way late!

Mover will be here at 9 tomorrow!

PEACE!!!!!!!!- got BBQ ribs- no sauce/ slaw - awesome!
  #1418   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 14:07

BF:

so I hit another store alot closer than the pool store cause I was lazy and am doing 'some hacks' that worked....but heck if my water ain't more cloudy now LOL

omg driving me batty.....why didn't I just go get the water tested? Cause I thought I could cheat a bit and I can't LOL I got nailed for this!

tomorrow to moms and on the way I am detouring to pool store for help. I can't take this anymore!! Calgon take me away~!!
  #1419   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 18:49

BF:

Hi all-

Quick check in with a better check in tomorrow. All is well here.

JAZ- well done getting SO MUCH DONE and ready for the movers tomorrow. You are the QUEEN and I am so impressed with you. I would have been whining my ass off at the very least. GO YOU!!

Trig- Congrats on the half pound down, totally awesome! Sorry about the pool. Dh has been battling ours although the water looks fine IMO. I think he should just stop checking it but I'm lazy like that. Glad DD seems to be improving a bit each day.

Lori- Hopefully you didn't get a ton of rain. We had some solid rain but it was over by like 2 or earlier. I expected it to go longer. So we came out pretty well on that!

Things are fine here. On plan with the exception of one red potato that I indulged in with my pot roast. And 1 carrot but I fit that in fine with LC. Good dinner!

Scale has been up a bit over the past 2-3 days but clothes tell the tale that things are still going well.
  #1420   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 19:42

BF:

So an older lady stopped and LOVED LOVED LOVED the reading chair! She went and got her daughter straight away for the SUV to come pick it up. I felt so wonderful for her I gave her the foot stool as well which would easy fetched 100 dollars on market if not more!

I am thrilled she will love it. that was my wish.

What an up and down day. So I was feeling so amazing regarding the chair when I got a call as I was emptied out the closet.
My realtor told me that the close date due to underwriters got pushed back to Monday.

Well I totally went the hell off.
I have St. Simon paid for PER NIGHT
Then the son is waiting for me- priceless
Then My money is tied up another 3 days
Then my mortgage is compromised another 3 day at the tune of 130
not to mention my stay at St. Simon - with kid waiting..
Add that to not getting my money I just went off.

Somebody is going to pay I said. it is not going to be me. I am ready.
who is going to pay for the St. Simon at 149 night, extra mortage, time lost with kid, dinner out with parents I was going to have for putting me up- inconvenience does not even come close. they have had 30 days and I was pissted.

30 minutes after that conversation........ WA LAAAAAAA- closing back to Friday....... the closer stayed extra to get it done..... bingo done for Friday. OMGI was pissted. I was OVER IT.

Now all good and back to square. I just don't know if my blood pressure can take the back and forth. DAM...........

Made a few dollars on my hobby- that is so fun!!!!!!! Not much but hey 150- for hour of my time.......... awesome distraction
not getting rich. I might though have enough to skirt me though a few months until plan B comes about.

don't ask........... GRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Movers here tomorrow 9am- then having to get though with mom for few days. I need to be grateful and hold me tough. She and I so volatile. I am not in mood.

Sorry all about me- personals in .......well maybe tomorrow afternoon.
Morning I will not be on......... no worry- moving day!!!!!!

Going to Prime/ Downton Abby / I want the meme in the hammock

Sighhhhhhhhhhhh I love the escape/
  #1421   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-20, 04:28

BF:

Good morning- Quickie this morning!

Oh so much to do!!! I need to strip my bed- unhook the washer dryer- Shower up- and get the pup over to my mom's so she is not run over with the move!

I need to unhook the TV's, routers, and .......... the list is long- needs to happen

Oh- one more cup of coffee and gotta work!!!!!!

Back later for personals!
  #1422   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-20, 06:30

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....thinking of you and your busy, busy day today. I hope all goes well and that there are no more snafus with the closing....sheesh!

I'm just in from my 3 mile run. I'm going to have another cup of coffee and drink some water and then hit the shower.

This afternoon DH & I are going to Harrisburg(about an hour away) to watch DGS17 play baseball. DH assures me that there will be no crowd, just a few family/friends spectating. I'd rather stay home, but I'll do my duty and go along.

Have good days!
  #1423   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-20, 07:42

BF:

Jaz- GOOD FOR YOU for speaking up and making them get things done. I am always so impressed with you.

Sweet that your loved red chair has found a happy new home. Brought a smile to my face.

Hang in there today, my friend, and the next few after that. Just keep dreaming of the beach. You can do it!

Lori- Great job getting out and back already with your run! I hope you have a good time in Harrisburg- heck, it will be nice to go ANYWHERE. I literally haven't left my area since late March. Just boggles the mind!

••••••••

All is well here. Scale is being irritating but I'm staying the course- I know it will come down eventually and take a friend with it.

Today will be fairly busy. Eye appointment for me (it has been years) and then the dogs to the vet this afternoon. I also am making a run to the store. The lawn guy is coming today as well as the mosquito spray people too.

Hugs all around!
  #1424   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-20, 08:50

BF:

Lori you will be fine.....many are not going so the few that do go you can social distance easily...enjoy that game!! get ya out and about

Jaz, glad things are settling, I know you are super busy to the max....I can't even imagine the balls you are juggling in the air right now!!

Nicco, yea you can't leave the pool cause while clear and nice, if those levels go south, and they do REAL fast on ya...you get it worse quick and worse is not as good as trying to control even tho it is annoying....omg I know what DH is going thru LOL I tell ya.....

So happy clothes are telling the tale. Means SO much more than scale number. LC makes us leaner and meaner for sure!

HI Blue

fast one for me...busy busy
hit pool store, not as bad as I thought....so $160 later...kill me...I got it clearing and in 2 days guy said I should be leveled out and good....cool.

bank, PIA. drive thru. timed it to open at 9 and hit it at 8:58 and had to wait but hit side suction tube line and another lady in drawer line....then I got done and by the time I got out there were like, 5 cars in EACH line....the third suction tube line and I was like HOLY.....banking is just stupid now LOL

home to get 'I am hungry from kid and DH' and DH ATE...omg.
hit little cafe up the road...salad for kid with home chips and pancake platter/bacon/hash browns for hubby. Hubby is getting point blank FAT. No joke on it. Can't say nothing...tried but got shut down fast but soon, oh so soon I am going all in on this piece of work LOL

Mom called early. not in mood to shop, doing it tomorrow. Cool, being 92 she is tired, I get it. As long as she is good in the house and doing her thing she is good...the trips out to store and more are draining alot more on her...so shift times coming I think...no biggie.

ME: YIPPEE!!!

I got a full 1 lb. drop…with my little 1/2 before I got a whopping 1.5 lbs down right now. I am thrilled.

Plus I got a body feeling that is stellar, amazing, over the top.

I FEEL PHYSICALLY RESET! I truly feel my body hit an area of total reset in that I just feel ‘healthy’ and I can’t describe or put that finger on it as one thing, it is an overall just amazing feeling and I been doing this for 3 years and STILL THIS is another level of how great zero carb has treated me!

yesterday was:

4 bone in center cut pork chops…omg so good with 1/2 stick of butter for frying and I ate those puppies up big time :slight_smile: haven’t done chops in a while.

1 lb. peel/eat shrimp with small of of homemade alfredo sauce over them

1 tin of sardines
1/3 lb. cheeseburger patty

I eat this fantastic and feel so wonderful you know I am a 1000% believer in eating no carbs! Again, this is me LOL...Nothing will drag me back and out of the science and more about why this plan works. The body and mind are proof. But for me now, 3 years in and I got a new feeling and new ‘internal’ change…WOW WOW and what about 2 more years from now, who knows I might do something crazy…hike the world, run for Prez, climb Everest. HAHAHA

I dont’ know but honestly I hit a new me again on this plan. I am so over the top and loving it all.

food today

almost a lb. ribeye steak
1/3 lb cheeseburger

2 lbs. of snow crab legs for dinner time
and maybe pair with 2 tins of sardines

sounds good to me

So all good basically around here so I am super happy about that. Tstorms later but they are iffy on this storm so doing well on weather...need it HOTTER and now

great day everyone
  #1425   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-20, 17:27

BF:

CONGRATS TRIG!!!!!_ You are amazing in your WOE!!!!!

I am moved out- just need to go back and clean up and wipe stuff down. Tomorrow I will go back to house and finish up completely.

At mom's for right now now and taking out gratitude for her hospitality.

Safe, cool, and feet up...........

I'm good- tomorrow regular post!