Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2596   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 06:44

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning,

Stayed in bed till almost 8.....what?? I was up until nearly 10:30 watching football last night, so needed a couple extra hours. Even Gabby slept until 5 before she wanted out.

This cold or whatever just will not let go of me. Not getting any worse, just a constant low grade headache and stuffy head and cough. I had high hopes that I would feel much better today, but no. I suppose I'll live.

Trig.....sorry the campground isn't what you'd hoped, but sounds like you're making the best of things. Hope the weather cleared so you could continue with your plans.

Helping add to my feeling of blah today is the fact that yesterday I ate, and ate, and ate.....not so much quantity, but all manner of junk. Guess I thought it would make me feel better? Yeah.....No. I'm fasting today until this afternoon when I'll make a little something for an under 500 calorie meal.

Well, I need more coffee. Nothing much to do but stay warm and wait for this illness to get outta here.

Sponsored Links
  #2597   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 10:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TRIG- Hate that you are didn't have the best day yesterday. However, today is sunshine and 82. Spring like day and the pollen is gone due to heavy rains. So hopefully today will be better. But are you traveling back today?

Hey- You saved me the trip! No good food even- Yea I def would not be into beer and pretzels. No thank you. the BBQ yes- but then again- a German town is not known for BBQ.

Hope you get your walk in!
OMG BEARS- I would be running the other direct as well! She travels back! Next time you will have steak in your freezer!!!

Lori- Sounds like you are still not up to speed! Hope you are feeling better! Thankfully you got to sleep in!
Take it easy today!

Blue- You feeling better? Thinking about you-

Nic- Is today date night or was that last night? Either way I hope you had a great time. Where did you go?
--------------------------------------------------
I ended up with a crap load of dishes yesterday! Not everything should go into the dishwasher!
But I was in the mood to be in my kitchen and cooking up a chicken dinner, music going, glass of wine, apron on! It was nice. Then the clean up! HAHAH

I made a chicken breast in my air fryer. It was good. I got the hungriest later in the evening which is unusual for me. I think trying to give up even the lowest of carbs like green beans is a real adjustment. I am not used to it. I think this might be a trial and error thing. I am mostly just really high quality meat, but I am missing the something something.............

I also need to go to the grocery. I have left over cooked shrimp I made , but day old cooked shrimp stink. So I won't eat them. I know they were $$$ too. I bought the ones ya gotta cook and - well I can't get past the smell.

I don't know why the ones in the case jumbo peeled and like cocktail don't spoil as quick as fresh raw that you need to cook. Makes me think they put a preservative on it I am not sure. I know they taste better.

TRIG-
the shrimp you get- are they cooked already?

I am upset because the old girl is limping. I am hoping it is nothing. This is the 3nd time this has come about. I am pretty sure it is arthritis in her l hip. I have given her 3 days of baby aspirin and turmeric in the past and it has cleared up. I will be doing that too. Also walking her "works" it out. Also not letting her jump and land (my bed is high). She doesn't know she is an old girl- just like her momma! It bothers me to see her limp. Today is day 2 of ASA- and turmeric. It rained all day yesterday so like humans I am sure that effected it.

So I did my bills today, and feel pretty good about everything for right now. I am breathing a sigh of relief. I am good for a few months. That is even before unemployment- which is not that long anyway. So I feel better having a solid handle on what's what. -

I will be without health insurance Nov. 1- that blows my mind! - So glad I got all that blood work done prior to all of this.
Everything else is put on hold for right now. Priorities........

So - The sun is out, and I have a few errand.
OH OH OH- You readers! I picked up a book I am am excited about! Plus it was a recommend,

"the House on Olive Street" by Robin Carr- It is about 4 writer friends that get together every month and have for years. It is about their relationships and it just looks like a wonderful read! Check it out! I love being able to kick back and reading for pleasure.

I never finished the dead girl in 2A- It was a bit dark for me.

Ok- off to run a few errands. Today is going to be beautiful.

Dinner- I am picking up some FRESH shrimp.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Oct-20-19 at 10:48.
  #2598   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 13:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- So did you actually go to the Fest Halle for Oktoberfest or just some bars? I went where there was a fun live band and dancing, folks dressed up etc. It was too cute and they were good too. I enjoyed myself immensely! That was the bulk of what I did although I did pop in a few shops. Loved the fresh grains and stuff at the Grist mill outside of town but I guess you won't want that either. Angels and Cowboys or whatever it is called was very yummy steakwise, and the Ruby Falls hike was short and steep in parts, worth seeing.

Yikes on the bear activity!

Lori- Sorry you are still feeling under the weather. Just rest and rest some more. This will pass!

Jaz- So there are different types of doulas. For my business, I am focusing on being a postpartum doula- helping moms in the 'fourth trimester'- the first three months after birth- with adjustment to motherhood, feeding (breast/bottle/both), baby care and education etc. I am also going to be specializing a bit in breastfeeding after March and hopefully will be able to do that on an individual basis as well as possibly doing classes on what to expect in the postpartum period etc. There are a lot of directions I can take this!

I haven't seen any of The Godfather trilogy but there are huge with my DH's family, being part Italian. Too violent for me!

Glad that you are feeling more comfortable with where you are financially. That will ease your mind for sure!

I buy raw shrimp but I only cook what I will eat at a time, usually. If I do cook it all, though, I find it keeps pretty well. I chill it and put a couple of pieces of paper towel in there to help soak up moisture. Never has smelled off or made anyone sick.

If Bella keeps limping, have her tested for Lyme. That is how it affected my Bernese.

Nice rainy Fall day here in MD, getting some remnants of a tropical storm. We need the rain so it's good. We got two and a half inches the other day, a resident told me, and I'm hoping we get another good 1.5 or today. Plus I am not having to worry about watering the landscaping!

I had a great time at the Craft Fair yesterday. I picked up some fun finds: two sort of infinity vest things that drape nicely and will work with turtlenecks and such, one sort of lightweight jacket thing that is black with little flecks of color in it that will also be nice with a T or turtleneck and slacks.

Then I picked up an awesome new wood carved clock for my kitchen, and also one as a gift for my friend who lives in Blue Ridge- the mountains are carved into the clock and also carved in says "The mountains are calling and I must go." Really pretty and will be great in either her home here or the vacation home.

I also got two baskets for our downstairs powder room: one is a trash can and it matches the basket for the back of the toilet which is a little organizer. Both have blue woven in a white background, which matches the paint color of the wall, and replace junky/broken items in there currently. I bought an additional basket thing for DD which matches the one I have upstairs on the back of my toilet in the master- it holds all my hair care products, brush/comb and curling iron neatly. She commented on it recently so I picked her up one for Xmas.

Finally, I got a beautiful large squared off pottery bowl with four smaller bowls. I have looked at this potter for three years now and finally decided to commit this year. The larger bowl replaces the Polish Pottery bowl I had for many years that my brother gave me (that finally cracked and broke) and then the four smaller bowls replace a couple of broken items in the kitchen PLUS they are an excellent small size for things like yogurt, ice cream etc to watch portions. And they are beautiful!

I think that is it, which is plenty!! I did also pick up donuts for DH/DS. I love the apple cider ones, which were sold out, so I got them cinnamon sugar ones instead.

Last night DH and I ended up going on a Double Date with DD and SoIL. It was a great time. DD contacted us and said they hadn't seen us in quite a while (which was true) so we decided to invite them on our date. Good food, better company.

Today DH is in VA with one of his brother working on getting moving company estimates and tagging things etc. I've been here getting DS17's laundry done for the week, went grocery shopping for the week etc. I am mildly stressed about the upcoming week. It will be insanely busy for me work-wise plus it is the last full week prior to us leaving for Europe. I am literally gone every single night: Monday: Doula 10-1 or 2, then Concierge 4-8, Tuesday MoW and Concierge 4-8, Wednesday Doula 10- 1 or 2, then meet other Doula client 5-8, Thursday daytime free (YAY) and CASA home visit 5-7, Friday day free, Concierge 4-8.

I actually feel slightly better see some daytime hours free to get a packing list going, start gathering what I'm taking for DS21, start thinking about getting DS17 packed up, etc. I will need that time.

I bought the fixings for chili and ribs, plus we have a few leftovers in the fridge so that should get us through the week. I'll put the ribs in the oven before I go to the Doula job and let them go low while I'm gone. Then I call pull them out when I get home (she's a neighbor) and have them ready for everyone before I leave again on Monday. The chili I will make maybe on Tuesday or Thursday.

Ravens are playing at 4:25 today, so I'll be doing that in a bit. Today is a DD.
  #2599   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 15:56

BF:

NIC- OMg- your suggestion regarding Bella- went straight to the core of me. Did your dog pass due to that? Could you SEE the tick? How did you figure that out. She limped a couple months ago and it went away after a couple day. I figured it was arthritis. Same hip.

Wosa do you have a super busy week. Thanks for explaining the Doula process. I have a better understanding.

So great of you to share your evening with the daughter and SIL!!!!
SWEET.
You are going to be gone 3 weeks right?
Who is watching your fur babies?

Last week before boarding a plane!!!!!!!

TRIG- Are you home yet?

Lori- you feeling better?

HIYA BLUE!!!!
----------------------------------------------
BEAUTIFUL day here today. I still didn't my walk in. I have been busy.

Worked my budget this morning- errands this afternoon. Didn't get home until 5. Then leftovers. On track- so glad I didn't have to cook- no mess either- heat and eat- in dishwasher.

On plan- feel good about it! Did eat a bit of green beans. They were good. It helped fill in the edges and still stay LC.

Bengals lost........ not a surprise! -

Have a great night- cracking this book I can't wait to start!
Feet up-
  #2600   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 16:06

BF:

I hate to say it, but I think I'm starting to feel better. I fasted until Noon, but then decided I needed to eat. So...no DD here. No worries. I may do one tomorrow depending on how I feel. Sometimes taking a break from what you've been doing for a bit helps get things moving again. We'll see. I'm not fussed either way. I just want to get over this cold and feel better!

We had a rainy, dreary day here too. I think we may see the sun tomorrow. Hoping I feel well enough to get out for a run/walk.

Hope you've all had a good Sunday!
  #2601   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 17:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
NIC- OMg- your suggestion regarding Bella- went straight to the core of me. Did your dog pass due to that? Could you SEE the tick? How did you figure that out. She limped a couple months ago and it went away after a couple day. I figured it was arthritis. Same hip.

No, never saw the tick. They did a blood test and she tested positive. It caused an intermittent limp both times she got it. It didn't have anything to do with her passing though. Maybe get your Bella blood tested for Lyme.

You are going to be gone 3 weeks right?
Who is watching your fur babies?

We will be gone about a week and a half. The kids will be in and out of the house while we are gone, sharing time between the two homes while we are gone.

Last week before boarding a plane!!!!!!!

TRIG- Are you home yet?

Lori- you feeling better?

HIYA BLUE!!!!
----------------------------------------------
BEAUTIFUL day here today. I still didn't my walk in. I have been busy.

Worked my budget this morning- errands this afternoon. Didn't get home until 5. Then leftovers. On track- so glad I didn't have to cook- no mess either- heat and eat- in dishwasher.

On plan- feel good about it! Did eat a bit of green beans. They were good. It helped fill in the edges and still stay LC.

Bengals lost........ not a surprise! -

Have a great night- cracking this book I can't wait to start!
Feet up-

Jaz- see my responses above in the body of your post.

Sounds like you have had a good day, Jaz. Ravens just pulled down a W over the Seahawks, so that was awesome!
  #2602   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 17:53

BF:

Lori, glad you are feeling better! Wise to listen to your body and eat if you need to.
  #2603   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-19, 18:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hey all---Thanx ever so for the nurturing caring words after my little melt down last Friday. Really helped! Connecting w/good gals and pals balances out the disappointments.

Trig---"Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!" HA, and even w/out the lions and tigers, it's still disconcerting when nature gets too close to ya. Had some bear experiences camping in my younger days, and yeah, don't miss that about camping. But it is their home out there. Feel sad about how animals are being pushed closer and closer to humans to survive, for many reasons.

Sounds like Helen was your typical tourist town. Some fun, some irritations. But hey, you gotta out of dodge for awhile, and rain, shine or bears, that's refreshing.

Jaz---The only time I took unemployment, in the way back, it was 26 weeks! Yep, twice as long as now. I was surprised to hear how much it had shrunk---finding a job hasn't gotten any easier then it was then, if not harder. Good news is I believe you can apply for an extension, which used to half the time of your original run. And then even another extension. Check it out, might just be comforting to know that.

I'm going to check out your book about writers. Sounds fun.

Nic---Love hearing more details about being a doula. Keep 'em coming. I just KNOW you're going to be so good and so successful at this, for lots of reasons, but not the least because you will be doing something you love.

Europe is just one week away! I forget how long you guys are staying. 10 days? Two weeks? Very excited for you. First the joy of hugging your boy, then all the fun and intrigue of seeing what his life is like there.

Lori---Sorry that cold is hanging on. Might be a flu bug? Although those are generally more wicked than you describe. When I had that bug that went on and on I thought eating off plan things would comfort me too. But turns out I really couldn't enjoy it the way I normally would. Didn't taste the same, didn't have the appetite for it once I started eating it, or anything. Silver lining was I lost some weight over that period. Glad to hear as of your last post you're feeling better, still, don't be surprised if it circles back around for another day or two.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have NOT been on plan this weekend. Last week was intense w/a crush of work and ended w/that stressful, icky thing. So I just decided to give myself the weekend to chill and enjoy. No hog wilder, but definitely not low carb.

Think I've mentioned this, but my BFF and hubby and I do this thing where we trade off dinner, a movie and a sleep over at each other's houses. Yesterday night was our turn to host and it was so nice after that challenging week.

Dinner was actually mainly LC---grilled pork chops and that fab bean dish I told y'all about it. My pal went nuts for the bean dish (W/LC black soybeans.) It really is so Delish. But there were some dinner "accessories and apps that were not so LC that I also enjoyed.

(BTW, Jaz you had asked about the Eden soy black beans. Yeah, they are hard to find. We have a store that carries them here. But they are available on amazon and since they're canned, no problem. You buy them by the pack there. Know you're on the just meat thank you program right now. But if and when you're thinking chili again, or re-fried beans w/your chops, or baked beans, or my fab bean recipe, these are well worth trying. Very LC compared to other beans, and you won't taste the difference once they're in a great dish.)

We watched an old Paul Newman movie called "Nobody's Fool." So sweet and good. He is older in this movie, but holy moly, still so darn handsome. I love myself some Paul. In addition to his looks, which mean nothing if there isn't something else going on---well for me that something always shined from within him. Beautiful eyes yes, but so much coming out from behind them, that's what made him so sexy, imo. Can't believe he's gone.

I read deep into the night last night after everyone else went to sleep so after pal left after breaky this AM, I just read and napped and enjoyed some left overs from last night.

Just needed the weekend off from all cares and woes---woes both ways, LOL.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Oct-20-19 at 18:39.
  #2604   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-19, 06:01

BF:

Blue, your weekend sounds great with your friend and hubby. Nice that all three of you get along so famously.

Agree about Paul Newman- a hottie and a great heart for helping others too. Long marriage as well.

Can't believe no one else has posted yet this morning! It's almost 8 AM!

Chilling before getting ready for the day. I'm nervous, won't lie. First time working with someone else, first time working with someone else's newborn that isn't mine or a family member's. I know it will feel initially awkward, at least to me, but I just need to open my heart and mind to what the Mom is saying to me (both verbally and non-verbally) and just be a calming presence to her. Everything else will unfold as it is meant to.

Going to put the ribs into the oven low and slow as I walk out the door, and they can cook for four hours while I'm gone.

Ordered some new shoes for my trip this morning. I *love* Allbirds and have three pair, one of which is wearing out. I ordered this new kind, called Mizzles, because they are waterproof (I am guessing more resistant than waterproof) and will be just right for some of my walking! I'll take these, a pair of Merrells and a pair of Trail Runners. That should do me.

Other than that, not much else to report. Weight has kind of stalled for the moment but just going to do the plan and let it happen.
  #2605   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-19, 06:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue dumping cares and woes is never a bad thing Sounds like you chilled out the way ya needed and you sound chippier for it.

Nicco….wow you did very well at the craft fair.
omg I just looked at a tshirt in a shop with The Mountains Are Calling and I Must Go.….I thought, hmm, I like that...lol...that is too funny! Oh yea we did it ALL in Helen!
girl you sound busy....1 week and your big trip cool

Lori sorry the crud is hanging but at least you are improving and feeling better so that is good. hope you keep getting better and don't go down again!!

Jaz.....NO -- YOU GO TO HELEN. There is a steakhouse restaurant and others that you can easily get Carnivore eating handled. We just didn't hit them I say you should go and enjoy, it is a fun little place. But I am not a touristy gal so I can be very harsh on places yet I don't want ya thinking in any you should not go. IT IS fun here and there is a boatload of free wine tastings and all that

yesterday in full sun and nice day we had fun in Helen. Saw it all....hit almost every shop. a lot of walking. missed out on hitting the trail to the falls....the rain day took away so much time.

last night hubby and I went out to eat in Hawaissee. Daniel's Steakhouse. Kid wants rv and internet so she stayed back.
Got me a nice NY strip and grilled shrimp on special. Not bad at $21. Heck most places start a small steak out at 25 so....did good on that one and yum.

sticking to my Carnivore ways doing well holding my own. I noticed my brain is more I don't care about other junk so that helps a lot. I think I am more calm now in my eating plan....more on board and not fighting how I do like to eat....so we shall keep rolling along

leave later today
4 hrs home so not bad

great day all
  #2606   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-19, 07:52

BF:

Good Morning!

I was here early, but thought I'd give someone else a chance to start us off! Nothing exciting on my radar today. I hit the shower around 8 and then ran an errand to the meat market. Now I'm home for a few before I head for a massage at 10:30.

I don't think I'll make a walk today. Still feeling blah. Head is better, but still not feeling the energy. I was starving by 7 this morning, so no DD for me again today. I really have to wait till my head is in the right place to do it. Hope I don't undo my weight loss with this break...it'll be what it'll be. Not eating junk, so hoping the damage will be minimal.

Nic.....hope Day 1 goes smoothly! I know you will love it and do a wonderful job.

Blue....You had a lovely weekend! I love how you get together with friends and have a sleep over! Fun!

Trig...glad you had a nice day yesterday. Safe travels home today.

Jaz....I'm sure you're hitting the ground running on this Monday morning. I hope this is the week that a great job falls in your lap from all the pennies you've been tossing. Still can't believe HR called you to see "how you're doing" WHAT??!! How absurd. I like Trig's response to tell them that you have been advised not to speak to them....perfect.
---------
I broke down and took some Advil Cold & Sinus this morning. I needed to dry up my head a bit before heading for my massage. I took one tablet early this morning and then just took 2 more now. That should do the trick. They do work, but I hate how they make my eyes and everything dry.

Ok....over and out for now.
  #2607   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-19, 08:08

BF:

Good Morning all! I slept in!
Yup- I am 3nd poster this morning. Although Lori is most likely posting too! We usually cross post!

Speaking of- LORI- glad you are feeling somewhat better. Glad you laid low and gave your body a chance to heal!!!
Your sister is coming this next week-end! Hopefully, you will be rearing to go!

TRIG- Did you say FREE WINE TASTING?!?!?!?!- Ok I am there! I think it is SO SO close to me- truly an easy hour up the highway. So to take a walk and explore it a grand idea.
So glad your last day was dry and you get to explore in as well!!!!
grand slam on the steak for 21.00!!!!! Safe travels home!

NIC- I am so conflicted now about the pupper. Her limp is better today- but I am worried now. I truly in a HEARTBEAT will take her if she is still limping tomorrow. But she seems better today. I know that vets love to suck up $$$$$ But I will never let her suffer- I will shell out whatever it takes.

I know you are excited about your trip. It seemed so far away when you talked about months ago- and boom her you go!
TIME FLYS!!!!! -
Cool you don't have to board your puppies! I would hate that. My pup has not been in a crate for years and years.

Are those shoes really comfy? Better than Sketchers? I have a pair of those I use for long walks.
Oh..... Yummy Ribs!

Blue- Omg, no apologies for meltdown. If I had to count how many I have had on here in the last 6 months- dear god!
I have a ledge with my name on it!!!!!!
Ya know sometimes ya just gotta do self care whatever that means for you! I a really getting into that recently, and what that means!
So - good on you for giving yourself some time and space!

So The writers book- starts off with one of them dead on her 50th birthday. I tried to get past the 3nd chapter, and it really wasn't that good. The character development in the story lacked. I couldn't remember who was who. Don't waste your time.

So I have another (I left with a stack) "The Story of our Lives by Helen Warner- I will give it a go later today.
I did however read a non-fiction book I really liked. I skimmed the entire thing and plan to go back and dig a bit deeper.

It is on self care and being Happy. - Anyway, It is written by Kate Hudson, Goldie Hawn's daughter. It's called "Pretty Happy- Healthy ways to love your body."-
What STRUCT me about her book is her talking about her daily "drawing board". She uses one everyday to get in touch with herself and her feeling and her body.

Now she also goes on to talk about the 4 pillars : Loving your body, Eating well, the power of moving your body, and Mindfulness. All great things. She also approaches health care in a proactive holist manner and ascribes to the Ayurveda way of thinking. I have never heard this term.
Apparently it is more of a combination of western and eastern philosophy of treating the body. According to her book, practitioners see people as having a dominate body type and tendencies. It was fascinating. I took her test. I will be dammed if I didn't feel like I was reading about me straight out of her book.
So there is a Vata, Pitta, an Kaphas.
Now before I go on and on. I want more information as I just heard of this yesterday. It could be a bunch of hog wash for all I know.

No disrespect to Kate. But I am intrigued enough to explore it. The description of my "quiz" was right on the money! - I came out a Pitta. The first thing that happen's when Pitta's are outta balance is horrible GI issue! Can I raise a hand here!
They are also Fire and Water- Fiery personality, stubborn, and efficient. Anyway I have some exploring to do.

So with anything- you take from what you learn and toss the rest. I loved her idea of a "drawing board"- Mine will be called something else. But BLUE- you have talked about this too! I love the idea.
I also like mindfulness and moving more (goal here)!!!!-
I am not into her way of eating. Which is ok. Eating and WOE is personal. But I sure enjoyed the rest of her book.
FOOD literally for thought. You would enjoy it!!! It is a not the type of book for a kindle. It has pictures and stuff. I don't know it might be! I got it at the library. Something to EXPLORE more into.

Boy I got on a tangent with that. I just love sharing though when I find something that you ladies might be interested in!

Blue- I am still on you. So I hope you have a good week. Anything on the agenda this week? Did you ever check out the rec center for swim classes?
Just a thought. I know you loved to swim!
----------------------------------------------------------
I pretty much littered my thoughts thoughout the post.
I was to babysit today, but the kids are sick again. comes with the territory of small kids. This time stomach bug- no thank you.

I am really considering that book. It talked alot about inflammation and food.
I woke up with a raging case of IBS this morning. This is not working for me. I need to get a handle on this. That is why that book struck such a button with me. I need balance- whole balance. My gut is outta wack, I have to figure out why.
LOVE the idea of journaling. With goals, ideas, and pictures, and creative thoughts.

I have a small Springer Mountain Hen - I am going to put in the oven. It is a tiny one, about 3.5 pounds. Springer Mountain is free roaming and antibiotic, hormone free meat, humanely.......... ready to eat.

Today I slept in- it felt awesome- I am still in jammies. However, I have some computer work this afternoon. I am going to take the pupper for a walk to walk out some of the stiffness.
Hair in ponytail, make up free and all good.

I am going to see what is out there - work wise today. I totally agree with you all- to give myself a bit of space to recover and heal from the last job. They really did a number on me.
Ya know sometimes you don't know just how bad it is, until you are no longer in it. I am seeing just how bad it truly was. How F'd up it was. I am so thankful it is over.

I am going to an HOA meeting this evening. I was ask by two neighbors to support the neighborhood and go. Whatever- I will get to know some neighbors.

Have a good one all!!!
  #2608   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-19, 17:32

BF:

Jaz.....sent you an email with a YouTube video link. It is the Dr. from Cumming GA. Dr. Sten Ekberg. I really like his videos. This one is all about cholesterol and what we should worry about and what we shouldn't. Very interesting.

Today ended up as kind of a mid-day as far as my eating. Probably less than 1000 calories, so not enough for an UD and too many for a DD. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Great massage today. She was finally able to move my shoulder in a way she's been trying to for months. Progress!

Have a good evening!
  #2609   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-19, 18:06

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Well of course you would be nervous! Duh. So glad you said so because I see you as so confident and competent, I forget EVERYONE is nervous when they're doing something important for the first time---or they're in denial.

Looking forward to hearing how it went. You didn't drop the baby or anything did you?

I am spreading starting to miss you ahead of time. Will you be communicating from across the pond at all?

Lori---I identify with your sometimes relaxed attitude towards the woe. You don't seem to stew on it a lot. Is what it is from day to day, and some days are better than others. I think there's a thin line between being in the zone and feeling the mojo, and letting it boss you all to heck around.

Trig---OTOH, you Missy, are totally relaxed when you find your zone. Let's just say I've seen you do it several times and when you do, it's like I can hear the angels singing for you. It is fun to read your posts when you're just so there.

With you, I feel like when you're there, although it involves a very limited spectrum of foods, you are absolutely at your most free from the challenges. And I love it when I hear you're there. So interesting how all of us find our "free as possible" in different ways. Hence the L and the COW. Vive la difference. (And that is just about the only French I know, oui?)

Jaz---LOL, crossing out writer's group book. But also reminding you to get your hands on "The Fabulous Bouvier Sisters." I'd be very surprised if you didn't enjoy this book. I was surprised how poignant it was in the end.

Enjoyed your description of Kate Hudson's book. Seems to me you took a lot out of it on a skim, which I think is just fine. I think most self help books are best skimmed, as imo most of them could be done in 30 pages, but you can't sell that!

Are you starting to feel just a bit of the freedom from that soul sucking company? I think it takes awhile, and of course that feeling competes w/anxiety over finding a job. Still, I just hope as the days go by, you have those moments, hours, days, when you can just breath in and think, my old problems are gone! (LOL, BEFORE you get introduced to your new problems.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally dreary, rainy Monday here, but I made good use of it.

Out of paid projects right now, and that's always disconcerting, but palms up to the universe for new opportunities.

And on that note, I spent all day working on the promotional projects I've mentioned. They are truly labors of love, and I'm kind of out of my mind to put this much time and effort to talk to just a few people at a time. But y'know, I am so freaking enjoying it, I'm doing something I love.

So whether it works or not, it has been a joyful process. Plus it's giving me some really fun ideas about where I might want to go as an artist. Like maybe even participate in an art fair. LOL, no great money in that, but a lot of fun and productivity along the way. Who knows?

Trying to develop different visions for what I want to do as I continue to grow up.

Oh, thank the LC goddesses, I'm on plan 100% today. But I don't kid myself. Still wobbly. So my goal must become small and structured as in---I will stay on plan thru Friday. Then decide what to do w/the weekend.

If I can get 5 good days under my belt, well, that's all the difference in the decisions I make on the 6th day. So know this about myself. But gotta be more than one day at a time now. Haha, I can sure do LC for one day! But yeah, gotta up my game from that.

I would really like to get back to OMAD, 3 or 4 times a week. But for me, I know I won't get there in one jump. Need to build up to that. The less carbs you eat, the less you want to eat all together. I know this. Have experienced it so many times. But always have to be dragged back home from those carb city lights.
  #2610   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-19, 05:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue I think that is why I thrive. The limited food. Meat/seafood is what I love the most off any plate of food I do eat and if I tend to eat that way I might as well make it shine foremost and get the best benefits I can from being a Carnivore.....we need an icon with little fang teeth eating meat

I want more. You know. I WANT to eat it ALL in life and NOT get any bad benefits from it but darn it if life sure as heck doesn't work that way

You are right I shine thru when I hit my zone. I am in that zone right now in great form. I feel it deep down ya know....that calm feeling of doing what it takes for me. Love it....just gotta hold onto it for dear life

I think it is fab you are finding new ways to use your talent, see where it takes you and opens up other opportunities to be creative and more....all we can keep doing is growing in our value and what we want from life.

Yea.....your 6/1 kinda plan always worked well for you. The lc one day, carby the next and so on won't work for most of us. The carb creep then really starts to win......you did well before and now you gotta get yourself back on that plan that does ya good....I so get that. We all have that good spot we flourish. We been doing this long enough, we sure by now know where we belong

Lori hope your drugs kicked in good for ya!
we got rain here. sinus is acting up for me as usual. just a dreary day here so my day is mostly take junk out of rv, which isn't much, and nap LOL
I feel sluggy on this rainy day might as well get some nap time out of it.

so glad your therapist got that shoulder acting better! Sounds like you sure are improving. make for a good spring with golf for you.

Jaz, with unemployment money to come....you know you will be ok for a bit, just check out jobs and see what suits you. No need to run frantic.....your skills are needed out there and a very good position will settle upon you....I am sure of that

yea Helen....you would like it. very friendly town. fun shops. free wine tastings in about 3 shops I saw. there are good restaurants there, we happened to take the 'kid's advice', ugh, and eat at this place and yea it was lousey LOL But you would have fun!!

Nicco what ya doing? Packing? busy busy trip gal.

Greg post again!!

rainy day. bit of sinus but pills keeping it at bay and not going downhill too bad.

ate well on car ride home. Got sausage egg and cheese biscuit. throw biscuit, ate the guts. not my first choice of good food but ya do what ya gotta on the road LOL

hubby's guts are wonky. he is eating way too much fast food and junk and he is feeling it. We had to hit CVS there and get tums, acid reducer and the D pills and I told him to f'ing stop treating the symptoms of his crappy food intake and start fixing them permanently with good decent food. I think he is finally getting it ya know...he is feeling crappy and I told him the food he is eating IS THE PROBLEM....don't take damn pills to fix it cause it won't.....I hope he hits rock bottom on eating and realizes it is time to change.

I on the other hand feel WONDERFUL. Full of pizz and vinegar. Bloat is gone. Feel so alive after eating any meal....big or small. Carnivore does that for me Brain clarity is back. Energy peaking again as I like. Just love this way of life......I think he sees me improving and he is on the decline so I told him to get on board with me or I am gonna leave him in the dust.

food lined up today is tuna/mayo cause my hunger is flat out gone right now which is always a wonderful thing for me.....no fight of hunger....I like easy not hungry and I can deal with life easier LOL

dinner is NY strip steak and jumbo shrimp. oh yea....I can't go wrong on that ever.

so doing very well....just cruising along and doing my thing. fab day all
Closed Thread