Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Dec-20-20, 06:00

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Gabby let me sleep in till 6 this morning! She knows it's cold and snowy out and decided to not be in a hurry this morning. It's a balmy 20 this morning. Much better than yesterday's 7! ACK!! It's supposed to hit 50 degrees on Thursday with heavy rain, then back to 25 and windy for Christmas day. Winter in Pennsylvania.....what fun!

My new golf clubs came yesterday! Merry Christmas to me! Now it's torture to have to wait 4 months or so to get to try them out. I'm going to look into an indoor facility in February to see if they're open during this virus thing. I also got 2 new pair of golf shoes for next year. I threw 2 pair out at the end of the season, so had to replace them.

I'm working on the intermittent fasting thing and made it 20 hours yesterday. Usually 16-18 is about it for me. I haven't managed to get back into the EOD thing. I'm not sure why except that when it's cold, this girl wants/needs to eat! I'm not going to weigh myself till Jan. 1. I'll either be relieved or shocked.....it's all up to me.

Nic.....I hope DS22 enjoys his graduation party. Sounds like nice family time to me, even though it's not how you all pictured his graduation celebration to be. The "thing" has screwed up so many events....we just move on as best we can.

Trig, Jaz & Blue......what's happening today?

As for me, I'll just be sitting here under my warm blanket all day. I did a little cleaning yesterday after giving DH a haircut. Buzzed around with the vacuum to pick up scattered hair and then ran it thru the rest of the downstairs. I've cancelled my cleaning lady until at least the end of January. I'm not sure how she's handling the holidays with her family and don't want to have her here if she's been exposed to a lot of people.

I think DH will be having warmed up spaghettl tonight and I'll just eat some meatballs. Easy. I also got some salad stuff as I'm feeling the need for some roughage.

Ok.....that's enough of my boring existence. Enjoy your Sunday!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Dec-20-20, 07:32

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, new clubs, ahhh, bet ya love them and can't wait to use them!! spring is a bit away tho LOL omg right? UGH

Jaz I hit your email to ya

HI Nicco and Blue

hubby and kid going xmas shopping later for 'me' of course. a few new scented candles coming my way. Now I wonder....I told kid I wanted to replace my old birdhouse that is falling apart on my back pasture fence. Want one that has the roof opening or bottom drops out to clean out the old nests. Told her a few times now.......do ya think I will get one? Probably not HAHA Gosh only knows what they will get me. Hubby said for me to shop for me but I don't want anything at all. I got me a new purse to wrap and that is it. 1 prez. oh well....we shall see what goes down on xmas day. A purse and some candles? probably only that HAHA again, don't care cause I want my money to spend on traveling and that is where I will put my money, I don't want or need stuff at all.

get rid of them for a bit. eating lunch out so I don't have to feed anyone....heck that is my present today LOL

bored. cold. rainy and just icky and SO over crap weather.
oh well, live with it til I can change it up

got 2 steaks for today and some taylor ham. living on the same foods which now seems to be SO normal for me, any variance is more of a nightmare than a good thing in my food world which is cool, I like my own food, as I make it, when I want what I want....don't need or care for variety much.

ok, nothing doing....boring....boring....boring LOL
over and out and be good all
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Dec-20-20, 15:06

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Sunday Afternoon Ladies.
It's 3pm- Where did today go?!?!?!?

First and foremost - When counting my blessing today- you ladies rank up there!!!! Sending Christmas wishes and good mojo your way to each of you!!!

Nic- Have a wonderful party today for graduation for DS!!!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. You home is decorated so lovely and warm!!!!! A silver lining on 2020. What a year huh?!?!
I think your family has really had to "give" the most. With cancelling a Mexico trip- to your kids and 2 graduations and and and and and .............. yet here you are planning and rolling with it all. Ipressive my friend!

Lori- - Has your snow melted? You can keep it! HAHAHAH
Hard to believe last year at this time we (You , Me and NIC ) were planning a girls weekend in DE. Hard to believe- what does the time go?
How is Sis doing? I know she is missing you big time. Do you ever face time her?
Is the DD still giving her fits?
Mother /daughter- I will with hold comment!!!!! I got nothing!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How is your hubby doing with all this? Are you riding any videos to do? I know this has got to be hard for someone as active as you are. Geesh!!!!!
Did you put up a tree this year? I want a pic if ya did!

Trig- - you got all the kiddos stuff wrapped?
I want to see a pic of your tree too!!!!!
Thanks for email! XOXO

Is your hubby off this week for the holiday? You still having crab and steak for Christmas?

Blue- updates........ working away!!!!!! Good for you!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Today just keeps flying by! I don't feel like I have done anything either!!!

Although I did take a bubble bath and put on a new set of pj's- ROFL ROFL- Bath day!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
OMG- Only in Covid, staying home. I read an article saying J'lo is bored and sometimes doesn't get dressed or work out!!!!!
What is the world coming too?????

Put in my curbside order for this week. Pick up is tomorrow. Gads can you just picture the packed out stores this week!!! Last week they were crowed. I was pretty nervous about that. Got in and out in record time.

DS update- called his realtor and is going to realist his house this week. He is feeling better and nervous at the same time. Just a-lot of moving parts.

DD- just called to say she is turning her house out in the middle of nowhere solar. She is paying an arm and a leg in energy- so she and hubby are going to go totally solar. The cool part is if the grid goes down- I am heading to her place!!!!! HAHAHAH
She lives in country - totally out of the city, one neighbor who has a farm and there are horses and chickens "next" door. I think it is very cool.

I have to start wrapping the few things I have for the littles. They are getting puzzles, coloring books, gel pens, crayons, and sand art.
Also those "gold" Chocolate coins!!!!Remember those?!?!?!-

My DS- had his gift sent to his home - thanks Amazon.
Feeling really good, truly.
I am taking a boat load of supplements about now though.
Vita- C, D, multi, Tumeric, and probiotics. Melatonin at night.
Clean water, clean air, and sleep does a body good.

Staying out of crowds, restaurants or public places is th ender of my life right now. I will say I am right there with you Blue- I miss "happy hour" at places- under twinkling lights and awesome conversations.
I am getting Covid Fatigue. Yes I am more of a home body- but I also went out almost 3-4 times a month to listen to music, karaoke and have happy hour and drinks. I miss it.
I always "met" people. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

I am not going to be taking a vaccine anytime soon. I am watching to see the effects first. I have more questions than answers on that vaccine. But hey that is me. It is all stuff that can keep one up at night.

OH BIG NEWS here: Maybe you already know.
"Victoria Gill - Science correspondent, BBC News
Sun, December 20, 2020, 12:28 PM EST
Planetary conjunction (c) SPL

The planets often cross paths on their journey around the Sun, but this conjunction is unusual
Jupiter and Saturn are set to cross paths in the night sky, appearing to the naked eye as a "double planet".
The timing of this conjunction, as the celestial event is known, has caused some to suggest it may have been the source of a bright light in the sky 2,000 years ago.

That became known as the Star of Bethlehem."

This will happen tomorrow night- How cool is that!!!!!!!!!- Google it!!! It will not happen again in our life times
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Dec-20-20, 19:06

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Tell me it isn't true?! J-lo is bored. Oh NOZ, LOL.

Glad to hear your son is moving on. Still, what a total and complete bummer for him. But as my dear old dad would always say "this too shall pass, honey." And he was always right. So far anyway.

Hey, how do you handle Melatonin? OMG, I LOVE what it does for me in making me drowsy at night when I'm too wired up about this or that, but holy moly, I really pay a price, even w/the totally smallest little pill. IOW, can't be far away from the bathroom for most of the next day. Had to stop taking it. Lucky you if you have better---er um, lesser results than me.

Trig---Hahahahaha. Yeah you drop the hint a million times and often STILL get something you don't need or don't want. OMG, son has been bouncing ideas off hubby for me, fortunately, because there's been some doozies. I want to say to him, hey honey, can't wait till you can come home again, so I can re-introduce your mother to you. LOL. But seriously, I don't give a fig, I just don't want him to spend his precious pennies on something I'll never use. Just one example---a toilet seat warmer. And again, hahahahahaha.

Lori---Oh man, I bet those new clubs are half gorgeous and half torture, making you itch like crazy to use them. Hope your research ends you in an indoor golf place that is safe.

Nic---You know I loved your fam grad pix. So happy for you guys to have made it into something out of nothing in terms of what would be normal. OTOH, nothing like a loving family, no matter what's going on.

Are you reading a lot? I sure am, but so much of it is not memorable, but passes the time. Have read a few good ones, must make a little list and send you some "booky love."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I'll be getting that vaccine as soon as it's my turn. That won't be for probably 3 or 4 more months, so by then there'll be a lot more info. But so far these vacs are resulting in a statistically very small amount of allergic reactions, which is true of any vaccine. And if people are educated to the signs of an allergic reaction, this can be treated quickly and successfully. Much more afraid of the Co-vid and its sometimes long term effects. So yeah, I'm going for it---to me it's a light at the end of the tunnel of endless worry. In fact, I'm headed into my nearest CVS soon for a Shingles and Pneumococcal vaccine. I've tried twice already, and they're always out of both of these.

I had a crabby end of the week. Took my car in on Thursday because the 1 year old battery kept dying and walked out yesterday after writing a check for almost 1400 dollars. I drive an old Toyota Rav 4, been without a car payment forever, so I guess you pays your money somewhere, sometime. But in their search to solve the battery problem, they discovered all sorts of stuff. Totally trust these guys, been going to them forever. But man, it bummed me out.

That's all for tonight. Heh. This is my version of practicing shorter posts so I write more of them.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-20, 05:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue...had to laugh at your son's gift of a toilet seat warmer! I guess it's the thought that counts! Like you, I have often received gifts that make you scratch your head and wonder what they were thinking. We told our kids to please not spend any money on us this year as there is not a single thing that we need besides knowing they are all safe & warm.

Yes, having the new clubs is pure torture! I'm going to wait till February to call the indoor facility and hope that it'll be safe to get some instruction and practice there. I've used indoor golf ranges before and am not really a fan, but any port in a storm, you know?

Nic...I, too, loved the family pics! Not the way DS22 pictured his graduation, but it looked like everyone enjoyed the day.

Trig....I'll be anxious to hear what DH & DD found for you for Christmas! I know you'll smile and proclaim that it's the best thing ever....no matter what.

Jaz.....a bubble bath and clean PJ's...it's the little things, right? You asked about Sis...she's doing fine. Her DD is her old domineering self. She has told Sis that she can't go into a grocery store, so she takes care of ordering the shopping etc. That's a good thing, but just the idea that she sets the mandates.

--------

Nothing doing here...as usual. I guess DH is going to go to the park where he works and move some snow around. He loves playing with the plows and snow blowers.

Christmas here will be like any other day. DH & I haven't exchanged gifts in years. We always just take a vacation or something and call that our Christmas gift. Of course, that isn't happening this year. My new golf clubs are my Christmas/Birthday etc etc. DH wants to go on a hunting trip with DS next year, so that will be his.....$$$. I have sent gift cards to DD & family and DH and I will just be here alone. We have a few gifts for DS & family that we will deliver sometime...most likely not on "the day". It'll be a whenever thing. I bought a small ham and will cook that with a few sides. At the least, DH will take dinner to Betty as he makes sure she has something every night.

That's it from here. Hope you all have a good Monday.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-20, 08:12

BF:

Lori I love how you guys take care of Betty

yes same here. prez mean nothing to me, like you save money for bigger things like trips! but my hubby likes stuff, he wants presents HAHA but he still doesn't get alot of them LOL

Your holiday sounds good! Nice and easy the way ya want it.

Blue omg a heated toilet seat warmer thingy....too funny but ya know what, I would like that darn thing right now in my house, my master bath is COLD on the butt, not one doubt about that for my bath LOL I got a small oil heater plugged in, it is like the heat just won't get into my master bath....fartherest down the line ya know so I have to bump it up with the heater...ugh....give me that heated toilet seat warmer please HA

OW ON THAT COST....that is a nasty hit....omg I hate bills that high but you gotta say 1400 is way cheaper than a new car LOL

Jaz, sent ya'll an email pic of our little tree
4 ft table top. This is what the kid calls our 'Beal Family Christmas Tree' HAHA Big joke around here LOL All ornaments are bought on camping trips wtih kid or stuff she made or presents given to us. So she will get all that as her tradition stuff for later when she does a big tree in her life down the road....I am going 'smaller' as soon as I can Once college etc kicks in all holiday crap changes around here

This year at Hilton Head shopping I picked her up a 'Our Daughter is One in a Million' ornament that is so pretty with an angel on it.....she will like it.

Nicco, what's up!!!

hey all
bored
have to hit grocery for few things, not much, ain't spending, wallet is closed

not sure if hubby works or not
kid sleeping
hell dog is sleeping too

moving slow around here for some reason, tis the season, just chillin' thru it maybe?

heading out Xmas Eve to Italian restaurant. Luckily I checked menu and they got steaks and shrimp scampi I can get plain in appetizer so I am ok.....usually Italian places scare me big time but this place has a big menu so should be ok.

not much more, signing out and be good ya'll
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-20, 15:08

BF:

Today- Monday- Afternoon

Trig- I LOVED you tree!!!!! It is just PERFECT for you and family. Plus kiddo will truly treasure it as she gets older. I did the same thing for my kids. They get an ornament every year to this day. It truly warms my heart to see my DD tree with her childhood ornaments on it!!!
Beautiful- love the camping element to it as well= priceless!!!!!

Wow- ya'll are going out for Christmas Eve dinner. Seems weird to hear people say that- but stuff is open here to. It is different in different states.
Very cool they have steak. Crossing fingers it is good!
I went to a Chinese place for a family get together and ordered steak- ............... eye roll here. Should have ordered shrimp!

Is your mom and MIL coming?
I know they opted out for TG- is Christmas the same?

NIC- LOVED , LOVED , LOVED, your family party pics!!!!! You look AMAZING I might add!!!!! You slim and trim girl!!!! ROCK it ya know. Above all you look truly happy!!!! I love it!
You and Trig both with kids still under the roof and amazing mom's.

When does the party break up- I mean crap we are days now from Christmas. Might as well PARTY ON!
But I know you are wanting some time out in-between. I sure would be! As much as I love my kids.

Lori- - I know you are itching to get those new clubs out!!!!!
I get ya on the low key Christmas- you and millions around the world!!!!! different than any other!

So you will take something to Betty. I bet she has got to be lonely. I feel for her at her age such a risk to exposure and yet by herself except you and hubby. Sending mojo her way!!!!!
Do she write anymore?

Blue- I loved your post- no it was not short. they do not have to be books!!!!!! Lordy no they are perfect.

OMG car troubles............ Sorry...... I know that has to suck. Especially now, well is there really any good time for car issues!!!! urghhhhhh -hoping to got it resolved.

yea- true story J-lo is really bored- made news. Seriously........we have NOTHING ELSE TO DISCUSS!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
-----------------------------------
UPDATE:-
My son wants some family/mom/ sister time. He is SO down over this entire house deal. He dropped everything and is coming for Christmas.
I woke up to THAT call BEFORE coffee..... and was like WAIT WHAT DID you say?!?!?!?!?
Good news he has not been around his Covid dad in over a month, second he will drive. He is healthy. So he will stay with me as I have a full spare bedroom here, and no cats. My DD has a cat- he is allergic too.

I am tired.

Oh- Melotonin- LOVE it. I take 10 which is max- no issues. I am out like a light.
Been on it for 5 years now I think..........

Picked up cube side - order was in BEFORE I knew son coming........
I am tired.

Today- this morning was good again. That is all I will say about that.
And OMG TSLA took tank today, sold at the high. Anyway- chillin

Gotta pick my stuff outta my mother closest tomorrow.........

Ok- going to hit up Netflix!!!
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-20, 04:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Just sitting here watching the ugly weather forecast for the next week or so. Ugh.....warm up and rain, rain, rain and then the bottom drops out to get really cold again. That'll mean lots of ice too. I have no business living in this climate! I need to be where I can play golf all year! I'll never pry DH out of Pennsylvania for more than a vacation. Sigh.....

Last night our DS called and said that his stepson(17) has tested positive for Covid. His only symptom so far is loss of smell & taste. DS & DDIL got tested too and they are negative....for now. DGS16 lives part time with them so will have to get tested too. DH was planning on going hunting with DS & DGS this weekend, but I said DS is kind of a "denier", so I hope he doesn't try to convince DH to go. I really feel like we're all going to get it, it's just a matter of how sick we get. Freakin' stressful!!

Jaz.....I'm glad your son is coming for Christmas. It sounds like he really needs some good family face to face time. Will he stay thru New Years?

Trig....your Christmas Eve dinner out sounds nice. I haven't been out to eat in forever and we are under lockdown as far as restaurants go. They are not allowed to be open for indoor seating until at least Jan. 4. Even when they were open with limited seating this summer, we didn't go. We get take out a couple times a week, other than that, I'm the chief cook & bottle washer! Every afternoon DH says.."So, what are you cookin' up tonight dear?" I'm tired of being the menu planner, cook & clean up crew!

Nic & Blue.......

Time for another cuppa for me. Have good days!
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-20, 12:38

BF:

doing TONS of trying to get state parks in FL at key west and damn I had to 'go all in on cost' and get private for NEXT year but got my friggin' butt locked in LOL

hell yea

11 days, on the water right up from key west, darn 'long pine' maybe, hell who remembers who cares HAHA

Got xmas to just over new years and lady said I just nailed a water front spot for our kayaks.............WEEEE

but not happy.....got cravings ya know.
fighting crap here on hitting up alot of crap for holiday to buy and I want it. So tired of denying me BUT I know the denial is in pure health and life ya know......still gotta accept that fact and each day in life gets easier for me.

Celebrate my luck with crab or lobster? Damn I do have lobster in the fridge.........hmm...cool LOL
just happy right now but irked also right now! oh heck
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-20, 13:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, everyone!

Playing a bit of catch up.

ETA- Started this two hours ago, then had multiple interruptions, then said F it and went to take a bath..

Jaz- Sounds like your kids are doing well. I love how they keep you posted on everything going on in their lives. Also love that your DS is going to come and see you! It really is remarkable what you nice job you do in your parenting given the example that you were given. You have changed the family legacy in your actions!

Trig- OMG seriously Key West sounds SO DANG GOOD. I am practically salivating over here. Just amazing!!

I also love the personal ornaments. We give one to each kid annually as well. Sometimes they are more of a hit than others. They always reflect an interest or an accomplishment or something about their year.

Cravings- I hear ya. I really do. More on that later.

Blue- I have never heard of tummy troubles and Melatonin. Interesting and sort of good to know. I guess you could use it if you get stopped up- sleep well AND clean out!

Ugh, sorry for the big car bill. You sure are getting your money's worth out of your vehicle though. It has lasted you such a long time! We tend to hang on to a car for ten years or so and we think we are doing well but that it nothing in comparison!

Lori- your forecast sounds a lot like ours. I am hearing about possible ice on Xmas day. Guess we'll see what time bring us!

Is this a different family member who tested positive or the same one from the other day? Or am I somehow lost? Wouldn't be the first time!

••••••

Today I dragged my butt back on the wagon. I have been OFF THE RAILS for the majority of three weeks (back on the week after T-day and then back off again following) and MAN I have just had ENOUGH. I swear sometimes I just have to get to that point, where I feel bloated and look pregnant and feel like crap and sleep like crap. Well, I got there. lol I am sure it will not be squeaky clean with Xmas and New Years but I feel very motivated to keep is mostly clean outside of those days just bc I feel like dirt. Then in the new year I want to get that CGM on once I have a few clean days back under my belt from New Years.

Anyway, that is the news of the day here, besides doing some cleaning each day to get top of the house for the upcoming festivities. We have two fridges stuffed with leftovers from our weekend so that is what is on the menu. Plus now I won't be eating my share so more for the others.

Last night I got up to go to the bathroom and there was such a strong burning smell in the house. First I sniffed the heat register, to see if it was coming from there - nope. Then I crawled over to the humidifier thinking maybe it was catching fire or something. Nope. Mind you I am crawling around in the dark So I opened the loft door from my bedroom and get hit in the face with food burning/cooking smell. 1 AM and someone is burning something in the kitchen. I eyerolled and went back to bed. Apparently DS18 over toasted his garlic naan bread. Those silly Night Elves!

My Mom's in the hospital. Poor eating and absolutely no blood sugar control (even on Metformin-- really??) landed her there with chest pain and so forth. Not worried at this point, just slightly annoyed. Denial is a powerful thing. Given how I have done the past few weeks though I can't say too much.

Hugs!
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-20, 14:41

BF:

Nic.....sorry for the confusion. This is a different branch of my family now positive for "C". A couple weeks ago it was our daughter's son and yesterday we found out that our son's stepson tested positive. So, both of our kids have kids that tested positive. Our son was told to stay home from work since he's been around the infected one. As for our daughter-in-law....she works in the Heart Cath Lab at the hospital and they told her that she could come to work, but would have to eat lunch by herself. WHAT? She tested negative last night, but she was certainly around her son who tested positive. They're going to let her do procedures on heart patients and just has to be alone to eat? I don't get it.

Trig.....love Key West! You will have such an awesome time, but what a trip to get there! Talk about a road trip! Fun!

Almost time to start making dinner. Boring old chicken tonight.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-20, 17:00

BF:

hey ladies!!!!
Dot down.
Been on road 6 hours. Back home and settling in. Made dinner- and tired. I need to unplug. Had to go to Atlanta to get stuff done

I am good. Just very tired and just need some Netflix and wine. Tomorrow with personals. I brought my beach chair back with me as it makes me smile!!!!! 6 weeks to go before beach time

My DOT..........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Dec-22-20 at 21:55.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-20, 07:05

BF:

Jaz glad you had a good time, but tired, oh yea I get that when busy!!
Love your countdown, 6 weeks til beach time!!! oh yea!!

Lori, boring chicken. I hear ya. Chicken is such a staple huh? I know, I had chicken yesterday too

When you are in key west on your trips, you stay at a hotel right? What kinda cost is on your hotel rooms? My camping site which is private campground is frickin' $170 per night....wowza, but I figure it has to beat a hotel room cost maybe? or be about the same? no clue, just wondering on it.

Nicco, oh yea I don't like that super bloated feeling. It truly is a big signal it is time to crack down and eat healthier. It is such a rotten feeling!

So sorry about your Mom but thankfully from what you said it isn't life threatening but sure sounds like a darn big wake up call!! Bloaty tho and landing in the hospital are 2 big swings LOL but at least with the icky bloaty eating we feel it and know to correct....but your Mom is playing with fire on that blood sugar swinging around alot. My MIL ended up in hosp. from blood sugar issues also. It can truly take one down fast. Hoping all goes well and she gets out soon!!

OMG I pictured ya crawling around in your skivvys and sniffing the air like a bloodhound! I hate hate hate any burning smell, it is scary cause you think all kinds of things!! Fire! ugh.....but burned up garlic bread at 1am....omg! too funny

So off to mom's today. usual shop and visit.

hubby is driving car to Outer Banks for work. Long day for him.

Got kid to bed earlier....this 5 am and sleep all day is BS.....so correcting it back a little, in bed around 2 or so....I said shut it down NOW! and she did LOL I don't know, no one should be doing backward lifestyle ya know...sleep all day and up all night. oh well....working getting her around a bit into more normal. Plus her eating is so off and that isn't good. Getting a 'tad chunky' if ya ask me in that she is just eating and not moving much. No day time movement and that isn't good for anyone. Gonna have to work on some walk dog or hike thing with her to get her moving some cause this doing nothing ain't gonna work well for her, I see it coming ya know. Plus I get....mom I want dinner, at freaking 11PM at night....yea like that is happening HAHA
oh...whatever, will work on that.

nothing doing.....fighting come cravings. pain in the azz ya know. annoys me I do so well, hold plan, don't think about food and then BOOM....I want it all. And only cause it is in my face.

bought a bunch of candy/choc for hubby and kid for Xmas stuffers. Just walking that candy aisle was ok until I started seeing OLD favs of mine...ugh...omg I wanted to buy 20 boxes of those chocolate covered cherries that come out at this time, and they had dark choc. ones also....it was all I was thinking about all darn day HAHA omg so sad ya know bleck

need new year....get thru holiday day time and put it in the rear view mirror.

So I am super thrilled. Got Dev 22 to Jan 2, but for next year, at Boyd's Campground in Key West. I got the last water front site but it has a mangrove in front of it....hmmm, that site might be crappy? with mangroves in my water view.....but looked at some of the campground in pics and it doesn't seem that bad with clumps of mangroves blocking some water access for the sites, but? oh well....will see if my kayaks can be used from the site or not? who knows, who cares, I will be in key west

and last time we never explored key west town much cause dog got overheated, couldn't bring him inside any place, and kid was moaning it was so hot and more.......this time, dog in camper, NOT coming and us 3 will wander and sightsee in real fashion vs. the crappy visit last time.....well not crappy but coulda been more fun ya know.

ok, enough on that....got a whole year to wait for that trip

over and out and be good all
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-20, 09:03

BF:

Good Morning!

Another boring day, but the sun is shining. I guess I should get dressed and go up town for a bit of a walk. Haven't been out of the house for days and days. Big rain coming tomorrow and then Friday the deep freeze. Ugh on all of it.

Trig....We stay at the Hyatt in Key West and it is $300-$400+ a night, and that is not for an ocean front room! Ridiculous, but we love it there so, so much. It is the only place where we have spent that much a night for a hotel. Some things are just worth it, you know? A splurge now and then. You will have an awesome time, mangrove trees or not!

Your hubby does have a long day going to the OBX. Takes forever to get there.

Jaz....I'm glad your long day is behind you. I read your post last night...I know it was an emotional day for you as well as a long trip. When does your son arrive?

Nic....did you ever receive your CGM? Did you have to get a prescription for it? Anxious to hear what you think about the numbers it provides.

Blue....hope you're having some holiday fun by Zoom or otherwise.

-------

We had some excitement here last evening. DH was watching some sports drivel on TV and I had my sound proof headphones on watching a YouTube video and all the sudden I heard him yell and jump up. A bat was swooping from the kitchen into our living room. I ripped off my headphones and pulled a blanket over my head and screamed every time it came toward me. He grabbed a broom and was swinging around the kitchen....I was sure he would demolish the overhead light and who knows what else. He knocked it down and then couldn't find it....good grief. He finally found it behind a side table in the kitchen. He threw it outside and I proceeded to use disinfectant spray to clean every surface it may have come in contact with. Yuck! It had been almost a year and a half since we had a bat in the house and I was hoping we were done with that mess. Wishful thinking. Old house equals a bat now and then, I guess.

That's it from here. Have a good day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Dec-23-20 at 09:13.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-20, 09:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Wow, they told her to come in to work? That is nuts. They must be incredibly short staffed or something but still- what about the patients who are being seen?

I hope all cases are mild. Some are not but many are. Fingers crossed.

Jaz- Six weeks! So jealous of you and Trig both with beach talk. I am not even a big beach girl but damn that sounds delicious!

Yeah six hours is a long day plus the emotional aspect of it all. Hugs to you.

Trig- Well, you would think it would be a huge wake up call but past behavior would say that no, it is not. But whatever, you can give someone information but what they do or don't do with it is their own issue.

She was released and is back at Gene's home. I tell ya, those two and their relationship is just beyond strange. I don't get it at all.

Good on you for getting your DD a little bit on schedule. It is beyond such a weird time, for them and for all of us. My brother's kids are 12 and 10 and they are staying up until something like 10PM or even later sometimes since C19. It is a continuation of that blur of time and day of week not even being relevant. I think your points are good though and some degree of structure for a high schooler is important.

For my two here, DS22 will be on track starting January 11th when he begins work 5 days a week. I bet he starts going to bed earlier then! Not concerned about DS18 (soon to be DS19) because we all know the hours they keep in college are just as skewed!

Hugs hugs and hugs on the cravings. I can tell you, or try to remind you, that the chocolate covered cherries actually aren't that good. They really aren't. I can't say that for all the junk that is out there but I can say that about those!
I know you will be holding a hard line and I appreciate that about you!

Lori- I need to go walking too. I haven't done so for way too long. I have been pretty sedentary this week!

Those are expensive hotel rooms for sure but for Key West, probably the norm. Sometimes you just gotta do what you love!

CGM- It arrived a week or two ago, but I won't put it on until closer to mid January. No prescription was needed but I filled out a survey and then I think maybe they have doctors look at it or something? No idea. It was $$ but for a 14 day, one time thing I really wanted to give it a shot.

••••••••••

It's the day before the night before Christmas!

Taking baby steps toward getting things ready. Thawing shrimp today, getting the guest room ready for DD and SoIL bc they are spending the night tomorrow night, going over lists of what DH needs to buy tomorrow at the store. I may go ahead and mop the kitchen etc but on the flip side it will be dirty again by Xmas so not even sure it is worth it. Vacuum yes, but mop? I'll go over the powder room and make sure that is clean and do some dusting.

Tomorrow I will prep the corn pudding, salad fixings, artichoke dip. I will cook, cool and store the shrimp. DH has a long list of things he will do to help get ready also. Then tomorrow night is when the fun starts. The kids gather here- we give them their ornaments, their "jammies", we are watching the Disney Christmas Sing Along and having pizza. Then we make hot cocoa and go to the Symphony of Lights show as we do every year. Then back home for Christmas stories and all the kids go to their rooms while we set up Christmas stuff for the morning. I will also get the Overnight Cinnamon Rolls into the oven to rise overnight for Xmas breakfast.

So lots to do but not an overwhelming amount, you know? And I'm thinking about not making the bread pudding this year bc my SIL is bringing whiskey cake and flan, and I feel like that is enough. But we'll see.

Have a great day!