Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 02:35

Plan: low carb diet
Stats: 240/229/175
BF:toomuch
Progress: 17%
Default trying to reach 200 pounds

Hi. My name is Alanna and I'm trying to break 200 pounds this year. I know I want to do a low-carb diet but I'm torn on which one exactly. I've read SugarBusters but after reading some information I might do CAD. I'm new to forums. Can I join this one? I really need support and feel I can't get it anywhere else.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 15:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/210/160
BF:WAYTOOHIGH
Progress: 9%
Smile Hi Alanna

I will happily be your support buddy if you want. I have been reading this forum since October but haven't yet really started any plan seriously and I have registered for the Body for Life Challenge that begins on 3/03/03 and then I plan on adding in Protein Power to that.
I would so love to see a 1 prefacing my weight instead of a 2! I hear you on that one!
If you have any questions that I could answer I would be happy to- although I am not as informed or experienced as many of the people on here. I have read Protein Power and all the atkins books and Body for Life.
Let me know!
Have a great day!
Kier
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 16:19

Default to finally

Hey that sounds great! I really need a buddy. I've been looking around here for months myself and just finally registered. I don't know a lot about the different programs but I know I want to do a low carb diet. There are a couple of girls where I work doing a body-for-life challenge. I can't commit to an exercise program like that. I'll support you through one though! We can get motivated together.

#4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/210/160
BF:WAYTOOHIGH
Progress: 9%
Cool Good morning!

I am leaving for the snow on Friday so I am not going to begin the Protein Power way of eating until I get back. It works out fine for me anyway since I am starting BFL on Monday too. Have you chosen a plan yet? i know a few people who are trying the fat flush right now and getting great results. Have you heard of that book? Let me know when you choose a plan.
Have a great day!
-K
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 06:42

You are so lucky! I wish I was going to the snow. Living in Mississippi I would have to drive 10 hours to get anywhere near snow. I decided on Atkins as my program choice. It seems that almost all the low carb diets are similar so after I read a few more books I might change my mind. I've managed to stay on Atkins for two days so far. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Good luck on the BFL diet.