Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#766   ^
Old Sat, May-14-22, 05:56

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori enjoy your day!

we got rain this morning but to clear but icky out there, probably coming to you sooner than later now HA

Jaz your Asheville pics were great.

what new interview? Real job in house or a computer gig job?

Nicco, what ya doing, I lost track of what the heck YOU are doing HAHA sorry, but I know DE is in there for a trip with a ride from hubby etc when I read but after that, ugh, I am off the loop of personals and in that brain dead fog!

--------------ugh had to do 1000 emails yesterday with the buyer being a PIA. omg. she is not liking this and that and we said tough shit, sign or lose the home..........I thought the damn thing was signed but her hubby only signed the contract, she didn't and in the end she wanted this and that and she got zip, nada, 0.....we said take it or leave it and we won cause she wants the damn home so bad......yea now I don't know if I wanna sell it to HER ya know HAHA

anyway all worked out for all parties and believe me this person is one step from not getting the home she best play her cards 'correctly' from here on out or she got issues with little ol' me......but yea it is a real estate transaction so I understand 'her side of it' but the MOOD I AM in I am taking her down HAHA crazy thing is I see me in her point blank. we got that same personality, that same agressive we want it our way drive and I KNOW her cause when she tried to change stuff I thought, hell I woulda done that too but she doesn't know I am on the backside sayin' OH NO YOU AIN'T! Interesting dealing with 'me' in a way, I find it quite fascinating but she is a nice lady for sure but I so feel her with what I would do also ya know but in the end, she wants the home way more than I could care less about selling it to HER so we got the upper hand oh well....weeeee....

icky rain blah day

hubby said ya want ribs from new joint? yes I do so he got them after work.....spicy spicy hot burning rub on them? WTH....we could barely eat them and I stopped after 2 cause I had to hit the TUMS fast but kiddo loved them so she has ALOT of leftover ribs to eat HA

I don't know....just doing ya know.....chat up later when my MOOD improves to nicer maybe, or maybe not LOL

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, May-14-22 at 06:04.
Sponsored Links
  #767   ^
Old Sat, May-14-22, 06:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

OK I'm determined to check in today. I have been so lame!

And it is not like I've been out enjoying the lovely weather here in DE either. Rainy, cool, fog like you would not believe- it has been foggy for two days straight. We are living in a cloud, apparently. Wind is coming today too.

That being said, I went to walk the boardwalk yesterday (Bethany, Jaz) while the dogs were getting bathed and the summer vibe is ON. That was really fun. Lots of people strolling around, fry stands and custard stands and shops open. Just a total vibe. That made me happy and excited for summer to come, even if the weather isn't playing along!

I picked Rob up and we went out to dinner (and enjoyed an Elvis impersonator, omg so fun!) and then we went back to the boardwalk so he could get a cone and we could walk around (I won't lie, I had a cone earlier, shut up! lol) We went to the local book shop and they had books marked way down, so he got two and I got one to leave here for beach reading. Our library here was also clearing out a ton of books for free so I'm going to see if DD wants me to bring her back any today.

Got up and walked the dogs etc so DH could sleep since he's been up and working the past two days. Then we are going to go explore a town for a while and tonight is the pickleball social. So a full and fun day on tap.

Jaz- Congrats on your new low! Well done! Also, good luck with the interviews and potential job offers. That would be great if that all works out. You are currently set to stay in your rental through July or until July?

Lori- So glad you are getting all this good golf time in. Like you said, you waiting a long, long time for it! Hooray!

Trig- LOL OMG that poor woman has NO IDEA who she is dealing with on the other side!! Literally over here giggling thinking of it! Yeah I do know what you mean though. I have seen myself clearly a number of times in dealing with Kid 3 and deffo came to the realization that *I* can be a raging a-hole lol I would never marry someone with my personality traits bc I don't play fair for sure. But I'm lucky DH loves me anyway!

Dang on the ribs rub being so hot. That is a bummer but glad at least one of you all likes it!

That's it from me- Dogs are walked and now that I'm finishing this I'll go feed them. Mean mommy makes them wait til 8- 8:30 for breakfast. I don't want them to get in the happy of demanding anything any earlier than that!
  #768   ^
Old Sat, May-14-22, 09:59

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning ladies!

OMG Trig- you had me in stiches! I KNOW WHO SHE IS DEALING with!!!!!! Don't let the pink flannel fool ya! Nothing girly girl about ya in business!!!! I hear ya on wanting what you want. I think in light of the fact this is your mom's last gift to you 3, you should not have to barter PERIOD!
I wouldn't budge under these circumstances either!

Urghhhh I hate it when they screw up smoked meats. It is really hit or miss! Hate you got a miss this go around! I have had terrible smoked pork and some very good smoked pork. It just also depends on WHO is doing the cooking! Maybe next go around and you can tell them you want it not so hot.

Yea, I woke up thinking beautiful sunny day and just like that the clouds are moving in and it looks like we might get a rain day!
Hey- speaking of moods, nothing wrong with the sour mood. You and your family have been dealing with alot. Between your mom and the MIL. It's just alot. I think that what you are feeling is 100% normal! Allow your self to just be what you feel. There is no right or wrong way to feel truly. It just is. Then the sun comes out tomorrow!

In NO way would I ever compare my Bella to your mom. But grief is grief. I was so shocked at just how hard losing my "baby" would be. OMG I have cried buckets over her. To this day I can't write or say her name without tears flowing. But then again I have always liked dogs more than people. I know I am weird that way. I could live happy with 4-5 dogs on a large piece of property and be happy as a clam. Maybe how you feel about horses.

Well enough of that rambling! I guess I went down that rabbit hole!

Nic- I have walked that Boardwalk many times. I was there in the winter and it was still very cool! It didn't get "too cold" as the ocean water keeps it pretty warm. I do however remember thinking I have NEVER heard the wind howl like it does there. It is really something. I just love you have found a home there as well!!!!!

Fun on the Elvis show! I would DEF go! Have you had or made any crab cakes lately? I am in the mood for one of those!!!!! I would love to go back to the crab shack I ate at 2-3 times a week just for fun. I knew all the ladies there and had a "spot" at the bar and would go after work for happy hour! LOVED IT!

How long are you staying this trip? Are you loving your "new" kitchen???? I thought it was a dynamite kitchen!

Lori- yup, gotta get your game in. I would be sore for sure. But you are in stellar shape so roll with it. I do not like wet feet. glad you had the right shoes for the damp and wet!

Do you usually cook dinner after a game or head to the club house and grab an appetizer a beer and go?
---------------------------------------------------------------
I am heading over to my daughters for a swim and grill out in a few hours but the skies are looking iffy on the swim. I am going to stop and pick up a box of Angus patties for the grill. What she doesn't eat I will leave there for the kids for later. They wanted to grill Tilapia- no thanks, give me a BURGER!!!!! YUM and YUM- will add dill pickle and mustard. Ketchup has too much sugar and I am watching the tomato right now. I feel better too!

So I am STILL very much looking for the next gig. I did book through July as a precaution in case I needed to stay, but can go earlier if I need to.

Job front:
1.) - Offer made yesterday for a discharge planner position in a smaller satellite hospital. It is exactly where I used to live in Atlanta. Truly, it is a smaller facility with 120 beds and a very small ER for non-urgent issues. It would put me back into a facility, schlepping up and down the hallways again in ATLANTA AGAIN. However, IF I had to go back to a facility this would be the one I wanted. It is small, low acuity, and mostly ortho overnight cases. Meaning that I schedule home or rehab and call it a day. The pay is stellar, the work is busy even for a smaller place.

2.) I had a second interview with the company I just finished with (gig), for a position in NC. I would be doing Case Management and visiting people in their homes to make sure they are doing ok and getting services if they need them. I would be traveling local to 4 counties in eastern NC. I would be North of Durham and slightly west. If that tells ya anything.
Lots of travel by day, gas prices are sky high and some peoples homes are just NASTY.
Add that to the fact I would not have any family or know a soul and not close for a weekend drive to see them. I am ruling this one out. Although they told me to expect an offer.

3.) - State GA job. Low pay, great pension and insurance. Lots and lots of overnight travel up to 80%. Some local places. The position is to evaluate how nursing homes are doing. So the job is something totally different from anything I have done before, so the burnout would take a bit longer! It has a bit lower stress and eventually IF I stayed long enough the pay would get better.
I don't know if I would like so much car time and getting around the metro areas are a nightmare, let alone sleeping in nasty hotel rooms on a regular basis. Then where would I put Ruger? I refuse to put him in a crate overnight. He would not adjust as a rescue pup.
However, I do like the idea of a pension (alot). IF I could work out a caregiver for pup, and try something different I want to at least have the second interview with them on Tue.

My ideal WANT to have a remote job so I can have a hybrid life does not seem to be in my cards right now. I am still looking, and hard.
So there ya have it. What I am doing and what is trickling my way. I have options. I could just scrap it all and keep looking. I am just afraid I would lose an opportunity until I can find what I want. I am tired truly of job hopping and traveling. So ya I could take one and wait for the next but is that really fair?

So- My WOE.......hovering on my low. I am feeling good! I am thinking that I am going to keep on just keeping it as close to ZERO as possible. I do "cheat" with my one glass of lite wine. It has 3.9 carbs, 80 cal, and is 8%. I mix it with seltzer and ice which makes it more of a spritzer and cuts those numbers in half. So really I am not loading up on wine anymore, but I still feel like I am getting my summer drink with hardly any carbs.

Well, I have sucked up a bit of space on this post! need to walk pup, get some tea and answer some emails before I head out. My DD is 45 minutes from here. Leaving here at 3.

Later ya'll
  #769   ^
Old Sun, May-15-22, 05:10

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Same sh!t, different day here! I'm going to tell my friend that I need to take tomorrow off from golf. There are heavy t-storms coming tomorrow afternoon, and we don't need to get caught in those. I need to have a day at home and to run some errands.

-----------

Trig.....Good for you...stand firm! I hate it when buyers start picking at this and that. It's like......do you want it or don't you? Sheesh! Hope final papers get signed soon.

Jaz......Big decisions on the job front. Ugh on the home visits one....I remember your horror stories the last time you were doing home visits.

Nic......Hope the cloud has lifted and the sun comes out! How fun....an Elvis impersonator! One of our favorite vacation memories is of the "Beatles" impersonator band on our Canary Islands cruise.....they were fabulous.

-----------

Ok...a bite of breakfast and then I have to get moving. Have good days!
  #770   ^
Old Sun, May-15-22, 08:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- Glad you are getting in your game when you can. I know that storms delay games. You need the rest too! Any plans to meet up with sis? I know you had such a great time when you and hubby got away for for a bit. I tell ya even an over night and exploring something new does alot for the mind set! You can even pick a place you want to go and just go! I do all the time!
Nic/ Trig- see my last book.... I mean post -
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I slept 11 hours last night and am just getting up and sipping coffee. It is 10:00 am

I had a wonderful day yesterday with the kiddo's and am an expert on Candy Land! Although I did get beat a few times.
IT was so cute with "Lil Bit" sat on my lap in her princess dress (she wears one everyday- has a ton). She whispers "tell me a story Gigi. So I start off: once upon a time in a far away land there is a beautiful fairy princess............ she says...."Is that me????????" OMG a heart string she is.
Just a great time.
I took a marinated flat iron steak and we grilled it rare and made steak "taco's" with those egg wraps. My DD went nuts over them. She is dairy and wheat allergic. So all was good.

Next week might be pool week as it is heading to the 90's all week. My DD has a great pool and backyard set up. It is a playground for the kids. The pool is the best! Plus a hot tub!

Hovering and SO close to a drop. I should have taken measurement a few weeks ago. I will today. I can see a tiny difference, even though the scale is hovering.

HOT here today! Summer is really here in the south! Rain is gone for a bit and it is full on! Pools here are open all year so I bet they are cleaned up and ready. I know in St. Simon it is packed already! Summer tourist season starts there in Feb. St. Patties day to be exact.

Going to be a hamburger on the grill with a side of shrimp. I am so cutting out the stuff that is "filler". I feel good, I feel strong!

Going to spend some time hunting for that remote gig. I really know that is what I want more than anything. I love the idea of rolling out of bed in pj's and getting my coffee and just working.
Frantic mornings, traffic, and dressing up........... urghhhhh. But I need something. This is going to be interesting.

Have a great day ladies.
  #771   ^
Old Sun, May-15-22, 09:43

BF:

Lori, yea you and me in stupid real estate situations right now. I hope both your dealings are going ok and moving forward in good form!

yea don't wanna get caught in big Tstorm on golf course for sure!!

Nicco, I am thrilled reading how well you are loving your DE vacay home and enjoying the boardwalk and more....and Elvis, hey one can't go wrong

the pickleball social! reminds me ol' days when 'we'uns all gonna have us a lil' ol' timey social' heehee....you crack me up but I know you are gonna have a good time!! Your semi retired lifestyle is going very well for you for sure, happy for you guys!

Jaz, and I was gonna write about your work options, but you whittled it ALL done real fast.....you are going for the remote gig! I tell ya girl, in the end you DO what suits you best at all times and you will find 'something' to pay some bills, take up some time to just keep ya going ya know....it is out there and sometimes ya take 'less than' but it keeps you in the exact work lifestyle you wanna live.......I so feel ya on that!

you are doing so well on your eating. when feeling better with the body, DOESN'T it really FEEL GOOD TO FEEL GOOD ya know you are cranking the lifestyle well!

--------------today is uncover pool. Jaz's daughter is warmer weather than me for sure but opening now is pushing a bit but higher 90 temps are around so I am just gonna open it today and wait til I can comfortably get in it

doing some yard work and that kinda thing.....blah stuff but things gotta get dealt with.

got pork chops and burger for tonight. gotta get some steaks defrosted.

haven't had me a good skirt or flank in a long time, since it sounded delish I will shop some sales for one. they don't go on sale much, kinda pricey but will keep eyeballs out. be nice to have a real rare tender delish one on the grill. yum

so chillin' mostly with yard and pool crap today
  #772   ^
Old Sun, May-15-22, 17:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all
Dot from me, just got back to MD. Will post tmrw!
  #773   ^
Old Sun, May-15-22, 21:22

BF:

NIC- yay for dot. We look forward to you getting settled and have some coffee collect your thoughts and writing in your comfy spot!

Lori- did you get to play today?

Trig- I tell you I have not FELT this frekin good in SO SO SO long! I am obsessed now with going as absolutely as ZERO on beef as possible.
I even have switched up my wine for "red tea/ and Pelligrino over ice to save carbs and belly gut! I don't need it truly. I have so cut back on it any way I said to myself just stop.
I felt amazing today. Oh BTW- I ran into the store to get some more sparking water as he was marking down the ground beef by half price. I picked up 13 pounds! I froze most of it really good and will yank a pound out at a time.

I tell ya that flat iron steak I got at Aldi was really good. The secrete to it is marinating it- and bringing it to room temp before you slap it on the grill and then let it rest and slice it on the curve. DEVINE. I paid less then 6 bucks for it and sliced it thin. It fed all of us. I put it in the egg wrap with hot sauce! OMG good.

I am down another pound and am finally "feeling it. No bloat, and my stiff knees are feeling so much better. I took my measurements finally today. I usually do it twice a year. Once in Jan then in the summer. Well, I am just now getting to it.

Since last July 2021 - 10 months ago I am down 34 pounds and 15 inches respectively. It's little here and a little there. You want to hear something funny but not?!?!?!?!?!- I am up 1/2 inch on my neck?!?!?!? WTH? I like a slender neck! Nope- tubby neck.
My tummy and butt have lost the most. Still 40 to go. I can do it.

Spent some time on ZIP jobs today- applied for 5. not much else. Rain on and off all day! Listening to some great your tubes with Ken Berry and Jason Fung. Just chillin today.

Nite ladies-

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, May-15-22 at 21:30.
  #774   ^
Old Mon, May-16-22, 04:44

BF:

Good Morning!

Enjoying a leisurely morning with no schedule today! Have laundry spinning and will run a few errands later. DH has to take Betty to a Derm Dr. appt this afternoon, so they'll go to Wendy's for dinner(sit in the truck and eat), so that lets me off the hook for dinner prep.

-----------

Jaz.....Congrats on the great LB and inches lost in the last year! That is awesome. Sounds like you have really found your groove.

Nic.....Thanks for the check-in. I always worry when one of us is "missing" for a day. How was the PB social? Such a nice community you have in DE.

Trig.....Did you get your pool uncovered and ready to go? I'm sure it's a big job. Hope the weather soon warms up so you can use it.

-----------

Had a good day on the golf course yesterday. Played well and enjoyed the day. I am, however, looking forward to the day away from it today. Back I go tomorrow!

Heavy t-storms coming around Noon. Want to get my grocery store run over with this morning before they hit. It's foggy this morning....weird.

Have good days!
  #775   ^
Old Mon, May-16-22, 06:29

BF:

Jazz, impressive on your losses but super congrats on feeling just SO MUCH darn better! I tell ya we think more clearly, we act more appropriately and all about our eating and more the darn better we feel, and yea, stiffness off the ol' bodies is always a reason to keep going forward cause we only get better!!

you are in a zone of truly seeing, feeling and knowing what is working for your body and what works against you and are in that mindset to narrow down your intake of stuff out there to only better you on a daily basis, this is a great place to be....wanting more improvement and making those changes to do just that! Cool

good luck on one of those jobs being a right fit for ya.

Lori, no dinner service....weee....one can always call that a great day HA

we got weirdo heavy fog and rain looming also and all kinds of 'spring weather' doing what it wants....but we know one thing, summer is just around the bend!! YAHOO

Nicco....glad the dot went down but you are so active, so busy and travel in there to boot, yea some days you gotta play catchup, I feel ya on that!! safe travels home!!!

-------------got pool open. hardly dirty. very easy start to season with less chemicals and easy balance and filter working fine.....so just doing that and love when it 'starts' out so easy LOL

Gregg to meet buyer and inspection person at 9 for home...will see how that goes today.

I got steaks for later and not sure on tonight what I might want. I got chicken with alfredo sauce coming to mind....every now and then I love that 'creamy' side of food and my alfredo fills the bill real easy on just that.

doing good and seeing where the day goes, good sun, but like Lori got some Tstorms around or to come or? who knows, I just wait til they get here but right now big sun and high temps and I am in love with that! outside I go.

be good all
  #776   ^
Old Mon, May-16-22, 07:47

BF:

Oh happy day!

Trig-
YAY on pool opening! Summer sure feels like it is here. Had 2 BIG TIME storms yesterday. It shook this small place. I was thinking OMG the windows are going to blow in. It was over pretty fast though.
Full on sunshine and heat is here. No rain for us for a good solid week with temps in the 90's all week.

I totally get what you mean about finally getting to that spot where the body then starts to change. It is so frekin different for everybody. I am so sensitive to foods that I had to ditch it all to feel better. I now have a happy gut. It really does feel amazing to not have gut pain and bloat.
Lucky you on the alfredo, cream- no thanks. I would be a ball of pain. The better I feel the less I crave dairy. It just isn't worth it to me. But hey- lucky you!!!!!!! I know that is going to be good!

I am hopeful on your house everything goes through without issue. Just get it done and move on!

Oh yea, you are going to love the pool- it's time! Do you use a floaty? I love the one with the seat. I was thinking about getting another one of those. I left mine in St. Simon!

Lori-- sounds like you are getting our weather from yesterday! They were pretty intense but fast moving! Everything is just WET here now. Hopefully the sun will dry it all up.
I love my days of left overs and not having to cook. I will eat leftover beef, stew, chili, red beef. Not into left over veggies- soggy veggies are gross. I pretty much don't eat much veggies right now anyway.
I know you are happy to eat whatever and not have to cook! DAY OFF. Your hubby though seems pretty happy to eat whatever. Good to have a chill hubby that doesn't demand a "dinner" everyday!

Do you ever go out and sit on your porch swing? I have always loved seeing those! I would so do that if I had one.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!

Nic- Safe travels and check in when ya can!
-------------------------------------------------------
I woke up just in a fine mood and feel good= priceless!
I was listening to Ken Berry (I pull up his You tubes all the time) and Jason Fung. Anyway, Dr. Berry said something that really made so much sense about foods. I have said it before, but now I am embracing it. We need to put the right foods in our bodies to get optimal function and it is different for everyone. He said for him, he needs to be complete beef only, but his wife eats greens and does very well.
So, it's about what works best.

What is confusing to me is my blood sugars are running still 117 this morning fasting. I have been almost 100% beef for almost 3 weeks now. So I don't get why it is still up like that fasting. I had no wine or veggie yesterday- just beef and a "few" mushrooms and a 1/2 onion I cooked into the beef. They have almost no carbs. Maybe it will just take a few more weeks to transition and heal my pancreas. I have always had a higher blood sugar in the morning, but my A1C is 5.2. So I am not that concerned. I bet it is even lower now. I just find it odd.
I feel great and not going to change a thing.

I am going to spend until 11:00 on the job hunt (looking for remote) and then shut the computer and go to the park downtown with paved trails as it is so wet here. I want a nice healthy walk!

I sorta got in it a tad last night with my mom. I just have to shut down telling her ANYTHING. I told her about the offer coming with the tiny hospital back in Atlanta. I also told her I wasn't sure. She didn't hear that part. So, when I did pick up the phone after she called 4 times I regretted it. She ask me what I was doing and I said applying for jobs. OMG she went apesh!t. Name calling the entire thing- it was bad. She will have no recollection today. I got off the phone pretty abruptly. She is very angry I am near the kids. (they do not speak). Sighhhhhh
Ok I just needed to let that out. Sorry.

Back to my awesome mood now- I refuse to let that get to me.
Yes I am still looking. I am not sure about the offer. It has alot of potential. I might take it until that other remote job comes along. No I don't think I would be a jack2ss for taking something until what I really want happens. People do it all the time. As Trig says: I GOTTA DO ME!!!!!! PERIOD Ok now I am done!

I could use some more shorts. I have some in storage 8 hours away. I am going to hit up the other thrift sort for a cheap pair. No heavy spending until I land at goal. I could use a few more tops that don't look like maternity tops either! Yea..... a bit more fitted, but not tight. I might look at Wally world too for a beater top.

Sun is out. I am going to find a beginner stretch video before I walk. It has been a long minute since I have really gotten on the floor to stretch out. It's time and I will feel better. All good and going right direction.

That is all my ramblings from here.

Have a good one!
  #777   ^
Old Mon, May-16-22, 09:26

BF:

Jazz just for you on this lifestyle is you love Dr Ken...and omg I do TOO!!!

but now time for the new strong voice.

Dr. Andrew Chaffee

he is everywhere now and is now more vocal and 'just newer' than Dr Ken cause Dr Ken GOT US all here ya know.......but now Dr A is taking over on 'putting out new forceful content'

you gotta hit him up big time!!! he has tons of vids like Dr Ken now on youtube and ya gotta put him on your list to 'learn real' truths as only this guy is putting out, like Dr Ken in away but really throws more into it in a way.

OK that is just our 'near zero carb' chat since me and Jazz seem to be those who require it
  #778   ^
Old Mon, May-16-22, 13:00

BF:

A productive day! Got the laundry done by 10AM and then hit up the grocery store. Of course, DH gets home and says "I need this and that for Betty" So....back we went to the grocery store again. We were out and about because we went and paid the back taxes on this place($$$$$$) so that it is clear for the kids to buy it. That sure lightened up my bank account!

We stopped at a flower market and got some flowers for DH to plant. I also got a big hanging potted Boston Fern for my front porch. I used to have one every year, but haven't had one in a bit. I love it.

Betty had DH cancel her Dr. appt for today because of the on and off t-storms. Just as well. It was just dermatology, so nothing urgent. So, DH will be having warmed up spag & meatballs. I'll eat a meatball or 2 and call it a day.

I'm ready to head back to the golf course tomorrow! I may have a problem.
  #779   ^
Old Mon, May-16-22, 14:17

BF:

Trig- going to pull up Chaffee...... how can he POSSIBLEY top my fav. Dr. KEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OMG- you have to check out Wally World for summer stuff for you and kiddo! They are putting out all their summer stuff and it is seriously CUTE!!!!!! Not to mention I got shorts for 6 bucks, tops for 10, and one cute as a button summer sundress!!!!
Truly, I also was doing part of my shopping in the ............... juniors section!!!!! !!!!! WHOOT. Got the cutest jogging shorts and one pair of denim too!
They are coming back with those fringed and lacy shorts. The 70's are back!!!!!!

Todays menu - taco meat topped with bacon crumble. Done. Not hungry at all.

Lori
- funny on now hubby is back for dinner. But hey you have left overs. I like meatballs only if I make them. Otherwise they have flour and stuff in them.

Sounds like the house is coming along and now things can move forward. Really sucks you had to cough up those back taxes. I would be a bit salty- but it is what it is and you all agreed this was best. So now you just go forward and enjoy the digs!
Sweet you are getting pretty foliage for the porch!

HEY NIC!

Going for a walk now with pup then settle in and scan ZIP.
Dinner done and over and all feels good. Spotty sun/showers.
  #780   ^
Old Mon, May-16-22, 14:26

BF:

Jazz can't wait to hear what ya say about Chaffee.

wink wink