Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#826   ^
Old Thu, May-26-22, 03:54

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

quickie

have to head over for early septic inspection of the house so I will catch up later with personals.

dark and gloomy here too....storms just all around.

ok back later to chat up!!
Sponsored Links
  #827   ^
Old Thu, May-26-22, 05:39

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Managed to get a bit more sleep after throwing Gabby out at 3:30 this morning. I was a mess yesterday...so freakin' tired. We had DGS18's graduation from the Tech school last night. It was breezy and cool and they had it outside, thank goodness I took a jacket. It took me a bit to warm up after we got home. I had sandals on and my feet were like blocks of ice. I guess we got home about 8:45. Today I'm going to putter around the house and do laundry etc.

The closing on our house is pushed back to next week. Details, details. Some problem with Dan not having an estate bank account for the money to go to and DD having the wrong date on some of the paperwork. Whatever.....we'll get there.

------------

Trig.....Hope the inspections go well today. I know you're dealing with all the details too.

Jaz......Your next chapter is beginning! The furniture you ordered for you new apartment sounds so awesome! It will be beautiful. Have a good day today getting stuff done. Any leads on getting someone to walk Ruger?

Nic.....What's happening in DE? Will you have good beach weather for the weekend?

------------

Another cup of coffee and then I'm going to get started on my laundry. It'll be nice to just have a putter around day.
  #828   ^
Old Thu, May-26-22, 06:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies!

Lori- I should have told you the same thing with testing for Covid- you can get a false neg. if you test before 3 days. I had the same thing happen to me. I tested too early- then had to test again. I was neg. twice but the first test was wasted. This was last fall. I have been hearing we are going to get another surge of the latest and greatest Covid going around!

Are you getting these nasty storms we are having?

Nic- I can't wait for another wedding with your kiddo's! You have so much going on with your kids! I loved your DD took her knitting to a bachelorette party- CLASSIC.

Yay on being in DE for a bit. Now that it is warming up you will see just how "lively" that small community gets! People come out of the woodwork and the place becomes alive and bustling! I saw that at St. Simon. It is really fun to watch! Going from the only one on the beach to trying to find a spot!

How long are you staying? I am glad you are settled in.

Trig- I can't wait for this sale to be over. I too am thinking that a RV road trip is just what needs to happen when it's over! A get away is perfect.

Hope your sinus are getting better! It is pretty nasty here today and thick air.
---------------------------------------------------------
So, to answer the questions both of them. I paid the landlord through a 30 day notice even though I left early. I let her know right away I had to go- gave thirty days and paid. That was the agreement if I had to leave before end of July to give 30 days and pay which I did. All good on that front. I left the place in top shape and did all the laundry to boot and folded it up before I left.

I am SUPPOSED to get keys tomorrow. That is the plan. Then next week I am going to get my stuff from storage and my new furniture comes. AWESOME! Then week after that I start work!
Gives you a time frame! Cable comes tomorrow to the new place and I have a blow up bed and my computer and my traveling kitchen so I am going! I am crossing fingers for keys tomorrow. My mother is driving me batty, bless her.

I go to my screening for work this morning. I pee in a cup, get my TB done and go over my medical history. Maybe an hour.

I am back on track with my eating. That ONE frekin meal really was a set back. It is just amazing how fast I gain. I am back within 2 pounds. I don't know if I should clap or frown...... I am just going to stay the course and get it off.

Today is pot roast. If I get my keys I am going to hit up the store as hamburger is on sale, ribs are on sale and ribeye is on sale STOCK UP YA'LL and freeze! Memorial Day meats coming to a counter near you!

Stormy all day- DARK really dark out.

I spent some time last looking and dreaming of 5th wheels. I like the all inclusive ones like Trig has with a kitchen and shower! Yup one day! You can get a super sweet "starter" for 30K. Like a starter home- a starter RV trailer! 30 K is really cheap when you consider that the "drop" which is only a bed is 13K. Anyway, I had fun looking at those. Then I was watching RV life on You tube. I learned where to stay for zip and a new term: boondocking. Living the dream.

As I say going into an apt lease and new furniture coming and the move to pay off. HAHAHAHAH! Someday!
  #829   ^
Old Thu, May-26-22, 09:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Trying to reset my mood. I had a rough day emotionally yesterday. The school shooting is just so freaking upsetting and I am so tired of that just being something that happens, that we are expected to just accept as a fact of life and nothing that we can do anything about. That is just wildly unacceptable as a response.

Then of course DH had taken his mom to the funeral of her sister and was texting updates and such from that. Theresa was a truly nice person and I don't think I allowed myself to acknowledge that loss and passing. So yeah, just a rough day, plus being overtired and so on. Didn't make great choices.

Today is a new day and I have been sitting out here on the back porch for a long time, just being quiet and resetting myself to the day and getting myself in the right frame of mind. It has helped tremendously, I think. I hope!

Jaz- Thanks for the timeline. I like knowing what is going on. I hope that wasn't annoying to you! Once again, you are making the move with a positive attitude. I love that about you and honestly I admire it. I feel like I am person who likes change and also gets discombobulated by it as well. I like to be alone and sometimes am my own worst enemy in that way. You balance it all well.

I also really have to give you kudos for how you are managing with your Mom and her health issues. Moving closer will be a challenge for sure but I think you are have your head in the right place of knowing it will be hard and choosing to overlook certain things so that you will have no regrets. Excellent.

Can't wait to see pics of the new furniture. I love the color palette you have chosen!

Trig- looking forward to an update from you when you get a chance. I know you are so busy with all the house stuff happening at the lake house. You will be so glad when that is finished!

Lori- Can you even believe you are having to type that your feet were blocks of ice and it is almost June? OMG? I am sitting out here on the porch in a sweatshirt. C'mon already! Congrats to DGS though!

When in DE I toss Sophie into the laundry room for overnights. She has a bed in there at night. I just value my sleep too much to let her call the shots! I feel a little guilty about it but not enough to change it!

RIBEYES and steaks- tons of good meat sales happening at local groceries. I will be stocking up on ribeye and porterhouse here and have my DH doing the same for the deep freezer in MD. He will be happy to do it bc he loves steak!

Okay, so signing off. In a better frame of mind already. There is a blue heron in the pond and I am sitting here watching it as I type. I am lucky and grateful. I'll be here for about a week and a half and some good beach days are coming while I am here. Not quite yet, but in the next few days. I intend on enjoying them!

Thanks for being here, friends! xoxo
  #830   ^
Old Thu, May-26-22, 13:27

BF:

Nic- You are so in the right spot for some self reflection and just quiet time! I think getting centered is so truly important.

I wrote a huge response and decided to delete it. I too grieve for those kids, but am not going to give any words to the evil of that person. We need to stop glorifying these acts period. I hope the parents and kids who had to go through this find peace at some point. I truly feel for them. This should not be a political issue, but a human issue. People matter- all of them.

I don't blame you a bit for wanting a good night sleep and making the pup a bed of her own!

Speaking of dogs- my next issue- what to do with this pup when working. I will figure it out.
-----------------------------------------------------------
ALL- I sprinkled thoughts in above

Things are lining up.
gave blood, pee and health history. Things are moving. I just can't WAIT to make another nest. My castle, and home for another year. I can't wait to get a kitchen that is mine, my bed, my stuff back!
NESTING IN!!!!!!! I love it. I am one that does love to spend at home! It just feels cozy, safe, and right!

One pound to go to get back to new low!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, May-26-22 at 15:30.
  #831   ^
Old Thu, May-26-22, 14:43

BF:

Good thing I was just hanging around home today. Our TV went berserk. Flipping between different inputs and just acting goofy. I called Dish and got the nicest young man. Our equipment was quite old, so we were eligible for a free upgrade. Crazy as it sounds, we were able to get a service tech here this afternoon and he put in all new equipment and we are up and running. We thought maybe it was our TV, but that seems fine. The first guy I talked to said I should call after this new equipment was installed because he feels sure that they can save me some $$ with some of the new promotions we are eligible for....plus a senior discount(55 plus)! I'll take it! The tech said to wait until tomorrow or next week to call till they have our account all updated etc. I'll be happy to reduce our bill if I can. If it were just me here, I would just use my Roku and forget about Dish, but DH loves the options that Dish provides and trying to get him used to something new is not easy.

I won't be heading back to the golf course until Saturday...weather permitting. I think the few days off will do me good.

Hope you've all had a good day. Cool & cloudy here.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, May-27-22 at 04:24.
  #832   ^
Old Fri, May-27-22, 05:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Had a decent night's sleep and feeling good this morning. I don't have anything to do today but play with the new Dish equipment and figure stuff out. It's a lot more feature loaded and user friendly than our old setup. We don't have a "smart" TV, but the Dish Hopper turns your old TV into a smart tv....sort of.

---------

Jaz.....Hope everything goes well for you today. You have SO many balls in the air! Keep us posted!

Nic......Can you hit the beach today? We have t-storms all around and it is gloomy and dark this morning.

Trig....Hope all the details etc are coming together for the house sale.

----------

Kind of a boring day today. I think I'm going to go to a local place and get DH an order of baby back ribs for dinner. He's been hungry for them and it makes things easy for me. A half rack of ribs makes 2 meals for him. He is not a big eater.

Ok...that's it from here. Have good days!
  #833   ^
Old Fri, May-27-22, 06:58

BF:

Sun is FINALLY out after 3 gloomy days of darkness and rain.
It is going to be a GEORGEOUS weekend! I am fingers crossing I will be in my new apt for the 3 day weekend enjoying it all! I am so ready for some alone time!

I am going to be looking for a new bedroom room rug today and need a new coffee pot. Let me just say moving is so frekin $$$$$$. It's the little stuff that really adds up. Plus hook ups, plus this and movers and and and and - I will need to be working for a good long minute to PAY OFF coming here to work!

I am down to my one pound off from being at that low LAST WEEK. I know that if I went on a bender for a few days my 38 pounds would be straight back on. It's THAT FAST!

What is everyone doing for the holiday weekend?

I know Nic you are in DE. Is hubby coming in this weekend? You going to the beach? I bet your town will be all out for the holiday! Beach goers galore!

Are you right back on WOE? I think it is very smart to know what our triggers are. Mind is very similar to yours- high stress + tired and lack of sleep.

Trig- How did your inspections go? I just can't wait for you to done with it all!
What happening for your weekend?

Lori- I love me a good putter day! Although I must admit I can't stand fidgeting with electronics! It drives me batty! I want to press a button and boom on it goes. I hate figuring that crap out.

Funny though because if I get keys today, I will be doing just that. Hooking up my cable, and internet via an app that needs down loaded! URGHHHHH.

Yes, and Yes on getting ribs and maybe a side of slaw and calling it a day. Although RIBS ARE ON SALE this weekend! HEHEHEHE
----------------------------------------------------------
Wet and muddy here, although the sun is out! It needs to dry out.

Today is more frekin shopping for apt. I must get the coffee pot / and stock the fridge if nothing else.

I have a blow up bed and am going to borrow my moms card table until my furniture gets here next week. Also will test out the new TV that is on sale too! Wink Wink- Hell I might as well toss that in my cart too. I never spend on extras, what is a few more hundred in the scope. My TV in the bedroom needs replaced anyway. So, I will have everything I need until the rest is in!

I am pretty excited about my new stuff coming!

Yup- you are right- about 100 balls in the air! Where oh where are they landing! LOLOLOLOL.

Back later!
  #834   ^
Old Fri, May-27-22, 08:52

BF:

reading along and massively enjoying the posts from you guys!

I am in a big mood. So I ain't got much to say cause 'well, I am in a mood' LOL

but all good here and hoping to freakin' dry out and get some damn real summer under my belt or I am gonna be in a bigger mood.

got like 0 trips planned and just got a wk at SC lake which will be nice and a week at Edisto Beach state park which is great I could get it............but in the end this is not great for trips. I feel like I am so behind the 8 ball but life will do that to us and of course it is what it is.

ok chat up later when I feel like it but love reading everyone's stuff doing
  #835   ^
Old Fri, May-27-22, 10:13

BF:

Quick check in until this afternoon. From a surprise visit of an electrician at 8 AM to trying to do a bit of shopping but the masses and here and it is insane, to running out to play pickleball and a dinner ressie tonight with a friend.. will catch up this afternoon after PB and dog walk. I'll be porch sitting- the neighborhood is HOPPING!
  #836   ^
Old Fri, May-27-22, 13:58

BF:

urghhhhhhhhh- not happening today! They out sourced it- nobody speaks English and they have issues understanding what I am trying to say! FRUSTRATING.

Enough of that- stuck here another day if not until Tue. Most likely! SO FREKIN BUMMED. I am SO peopled out. 2 days 3 is my tolerance limit with up in my face people.

Anyway- updates.

Waiting on burgers to be done. That is another thing, they look at me as so strange because I just want meat and a good portion of meat. They put a sliver of meat in their sandwich's and then fill up on carbs. I stated I just wanted 2 burgers and got all kinds of comments. SKIP the dam fries and bun, and slaw- just add another burger!

SPACE...............

Hope you all doing well.
  #837   ^
Old Sat, May-28-22, 05:39

BF:

got next year, 2 wks booked at state park beach. had to fight like a dog to get that. OK, now I want another 2 wk beach trip at another beach state park and will have to fight like an insane person to get that, we shall see.

better mood by not by much

sun today so that helps but that storm made it so much more chillier...ugh

damn vacuum on the pool hose broke. have to go buy new vacuum head and have to go sooner than later cause I can't wait on it....what a pain in the......

I only got 1 wk beach in Aug. With all troubles I was having with parents etc. I just forgot to book mostly and this yr all I got is 1 wk. at lakefront in SC and 1 wk in Edisto on beach. Slim travel pickin's this year but am going to 'wander around NC SC and TN and maybe into VA kinda close and see what I can get for like 4 days here, 4 days somewhere else to just get the hell out of dodge. ugh

everything still seems SO off ya know

hubby being pain in the........wants a few days in hotel so he can surf fish and I am like, no damn hotel when I got a $120K rig sitting in the driveway, if you think I am paying 350 a night for a hotel room at the beach you are insane HAHA Told him to back off and just wait for what I book and go with the flow, he gets in the mix and everything goes haywire and I ain't in the mood for haywire....yes my control freak side is showing.

plus the state park went up alot...like $65 a night vs. my old 40 a night....so 2 wks is just shy of $1K. Well I know it is way cheaper with 500 a wk at beach LOL but damn ya know...sticker shock booking next year this time. I am used to like 320 or so for a wk, now it is like 500 for a wk. yea yea chump change but I see it and feel it in the wallet HAHA

ok the way I am typing, yea I am still in a mood LOL

back later to chat up more if the mood hits.

will try to drag myself out of the lows and into the highs ugh
  #838   ^
Old Sat, May-28-22, 06:21

BF:

Good Morning!

Storms around so golf canceled again. I haven't played since Tuesday....major withdrawal. Today I have to figure out what I'm going to cook this week for DH. I'll go to the meat market and grocery store....what fun. HA!

Our TV had another "fit" yesterday afternoon. I really think it's the TV since we have all new receiver equipment. I'll go TV shopping next week, I guess. It's been working ok since about 5:30 yesterday afternoon.....not sure what sets it into a spin once in awhile. Possible the motherboard on the TV? Who the he!! knows? PITA

-----------

Jaz.....Sorry things didn't go as expected yesterday. Frustrating, I know.

Trig.....I'm with you! Why lay out big $$ for a hotel when you have your beautiful rig?

Nic......What's happening in your hopping neighborhood today?

----------

My good idea to get DH ribs from the restaurant last night was a bust. They were terrible. Tough and he could hardly get the meat off the bone. We have never had bad ribs from this place. He said I should call and complain, which I hate to do, but I eventually did. I asked for the manager and explained our experience. He was very nice and apologetic and is going to send us a coupon or something. He said I could bring it back and he'd give us another dinner, but I wasn't going to do that. DH had already chiseled off a bit of meat and ate what he could. Add to that the problem with the TV again and I was in a state last evening. Pi$$ed off and super indigestion. Still felt half "sick" when I went to bed. Feel ok this morning after a good night's sleep. Disappointed that we aren't golfing today, but tomorrow is another day.

Hope all are well!
  #839   ^
Old Sat, May-28-22, 07:07

BF:

Jaz- I'm unclear as to what was outsourced? Things needed for your job? Clearly stuff you have to be present for. I'm sorry about that. So you are stuck in ATL or you are stuck in SC right now? I hear your frustration. Hugs!

Lori- Sorry about the storms and no golf! I know that is your happy place. Sucks about the ribs too but glad they are willing to work with you for a coupon or something.

If you get a new TV, we have been really really happy with the TCL brand of TVs, especially the ones with the built in Roku. They are not expensive and have a great picture and hold up well. We have one in both houses. The warehouse stores have them as well.

As Trig, hugs to you. There was SO MUCH going on in your life that I am not at all surprised that things fell through with vacation planning, but now you need it more than ever. Can you keep calling and checking for cancellations every couple of days and maybe score some more time that way?

••••••••••

Very happy to report that the crappy weather we were supposed to have here for the weekend has cleared out and we are looking at fabulous weather for the long weekend. I am especially happy for DH bc I really want him to get to have some beach weather. Today is 77, tomorrow 72 and full sun, and monday 78 and full sun. YES PLEASE!! Tuesday 84 and full sun!

Our neighborhood has a shuttle than runs on the hour and takes you to the beach so we will likely do that for the holiday weekend. My beach chair has storage built in and I can wear it like a backpack so I will load that sucker up with snacks and drinks, my Kindle etc and be good to go. And carry an umbrella.

On another note, though, I am just frustrated with myself lately. I have really been having a hard time getting into a good groove food wise. I feel like I do well for several days and then make poor choices- sometimes just one and sometimes for a few days in a row. The outcome of this is that I am basically going up and down the same five pounds and maintaining a weight that is about fifteen pounds above where I would like to be. It could be worse for sure, but could also be better! Social events and visitors tend to be triggers for me, but at the same time, I like being social from time to time, you know? And it is good for me. It is just a habit that I have developed- when I am 'above' my 'home base' - either anxious before or amped after- it is what I have come to do to self soothe. I know that I need to find other things that do the same thing but I haven't yet landed on what that is. I'll keep working on it- I know solutions can be find and it can take time to get there. It's a marathon!

Waiting for DH to get here and surprised he hasn't made it yet- wondering if the bridge traffic was heavy or an accident or something. Tossed and turned last night from around 4 on and finally gave up and got up.

Have a good day y'all!
  #840   ^
Old Sun, May-29-22, 05:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Sunshine but cool this morning. It should be a nice day, plenty of sun and not too hot. Starting tomorrow the humidity comes in and we'll be in the 90's. Tomorrow is our couple's tournament where I play with one of the little old guys from the club. He's 83 years old, only about 5 feet tall and blind in one eye. We are quite a team!

DD & our 2 grandson's stopped by last night for a visit. Today DH is going to go with them to DGS13's baseball tournament about an hour away.

I hope Betty is ok when DH stops by this morning. She is complaining about her knees. She says she has to be so careful when she tries to walk. It is all she can do to get up out of her bed and stand with her walker and shuffle to the bathroom. It's not good. We need to makes some changes soon, I'm afraid. She will not like it, but we need to get her a hospital bed and have an aide come in at least once a day. We have mentioned it before and she won't hear of it. Push is going to come to shove here soon if she wants to stay there.

No time for personals this morning. I have to get something to eat and head to the golf course.

Later!