Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 11:16

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Went off. Going back on!

Hi cats and dawgs. Being pregnant and having awful morning sickness, I decided that for the pregnancy only, I would stop doing CAD and just eat "healthy" foods. Let me tell you. This only lasted two days. The first day, I was so sick and generally out of sorts I just wanted to die. I actually went into a depression. The second day was Hallowe'en. I started "fresh" with grapes for breakfast but it all went downhill from there. My body just doesn't respond well to non-CAD eating. I have decided to focus less on how much I'm gaining (during the pregnancy), and more on just healing. I need to heal my body. So I went back to CAD yesterday (Tuesday) after my two days off the wagon and I feel so much better already. I feel healthier and stronger and I'm not craving like a maniac. Thank God. Thank you CAD.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 11:24

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Mel- This "depression state" and "lack of controlling carbs" is the reason I will never stray off of plan. If I want carbs it has to be the CAs way. I know I can never go back. In the year that I have been "on plan". I have only gone off plan a hand full of times. It was awful moodiness, headaches, uncontrollable hunger, oh how I hate that uncontrollable hunger that screams "feed me!" Ugh! I am no longer in denial that I am a CA. Its a condition I have that I have to deal with. I treat myself with my medicine "low carb foods" and in turn I have a clear head, my emotions are intact, I am generally in a good mood, no cravings, no headaches!! The pluses I get from eating this way definitely out weight the momentary pleasure on my lips.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 11:39

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 213/130/130 Female 5'5.5"
BF:21.83%
Progress: 100%

Glendora--I didn't even know that you are pregnant. Congratulations! When are you due?

I'm so happy that you are going back to CAD. You are going to have one healthy baby!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 11:46

Stats: 210.5/210.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Glendora, hope your morning sickness gets better! Eating healthy for you will definately benefit your baby.

I have just started this WOE and so far am really liking it. Just have to get past the Atkins carb counts in my mind.

I don't mean to do a threadjack, but am wondering from those that have been on this WOE if you have a RM that isn't balanced at all once in awhile if that is detrimental.

again..sorry for the threadjack!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 12:09

Plan: CAD and 12 DD (Mayo)
Stats: 223/206/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Mel, I signed your journal but I will applaud you for going back on. I didn't notice that it made me crazy to be off-plan until just this week. Wish i had stayed on during my last pregnancy.

Anyway, hugs to you, sweetie. You are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70

I don't mean to do a threadjack, but am wondering from those that have been on this WOE if you have a RM that isn't balanced at all once in awhile if that is detrimental.

Hey there ... welcome to CAD. Tried to PM you but couldn't so, I'm writing you here. Just wanted to comment on your question. Yes, it is detrimental to me. I fall back into cravings, everything irritates me, I'm moody. I have just figured this out (this week, in fact! and I have been on and off CAD since fall 02 (there was a pregnancy in there!) So anyway, I fall off big time by RM being at lunch and by being unbalanced. HTH!

Dawn
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 12:35

BF:

I don't know why I can't receive or send a PM??? I wish it did work
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 14:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Carla-
now you can. I think it takes 25 posts to do PMs. Or you can become a contributing member and have lots of PM space. And you can start a journal and people will visit you!

Glendora- congrats!!! I think CAD is great for a pregnancy, just remember to eat your carbs (LOL!).
E
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 14:13

BF:

Quote:

I seemed to be able to eat whatever I wanted at my RM for the first 30 lbs, these last 10 lbs have been harder. I have had to cut back alot. But I am determined to see goal so I am doing what's necessary

Quote:
I don't know why I can't receive or send a PM??? I wish it did work

I think you have to have 25 posts for the PM to work. Which I see you do have now
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 14:20

BF:

Nope still doesn't work

Momto4boys - so you don't do the 1/3 portion meal? I have been stalled for a long time and hope this WOE will help me to start losing.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 14:48

BF:

Quote:
Nope still doesn't work

Momto4boys - so you don't do the 1/3 portion meal? I have been stalled for a long time and hope this WOE will help me to start losing.

How long have you been on CAD?

When I did CAD I tried to balance but not all the time. I am doing low carb now and the weight is coming off
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 14:57

BF:

I've just started CAD today is my "official" first day. I have been on Atkins for over 2 years. So are you doing low carb as in Atkins type diet?

I just haven't decided how to do my RM.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 15:20

Plan: CAD and 12 DD (Mayo)
Stats: 223/206/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Nope still doesn't work

You will have to go to your user profile and change the settings to allow yourself to receive PM. I just tried sending a test message to you and it said you chose not to allow PM.

HTH!

Dawn
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 15:35

BF:

I must be having a bad day, I don't see anywhere that I check or uncheck that I get PM....

Where is it that you check or uncheck?

Last edited by carla70 : Wed, Nov-02-05 at 16:33.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 10:45

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Carla: Welcome!

Jill: It's good to know I'm not the only one who gets depressed going off CAD. Well, not "good," but you know what I mean. It says in Lifespan Program that (I'm paraphrasing here) carb addicts' bodies are actually MORE efficient than other people's bodies. We think there's something "wrong" with us but actually, our bodies are functioning perfectly for survival in the wild. The problem is that we're not in the wild anymore--but that doesn't mean there's a problem with our bodies, it means there's a problem with the way people generally eat today! That made me feel a lot better. And it made so much sense.

Sandooch: I'm due July 17th. I'm almost 8 weeks. It feels like I've been pregnant forever because I found out very early. So far I've gained 5 lbs. That's with two off-CAD days earlier this week. Believe it or not, that's the least weight I've gained in my pregnancies at this particular point. I gained 10 lbs. by this point with both my other pregnancies. I wasn't doing CAD then. My appetite was non-stop. I figured I was "eating for two", which is true--but not two adults! One of those "two" weighs less than a jelly bean!

Thanks for all the input, girls!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 11:32

Stats: 213/130/130 Female 5'5.5"
BF:21.83%
Progress: 100%

You are doing great! Keep it up.