Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 04:06

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%
Default Tues, June 1 Daily Support-CAD/CALP

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone and start up the thread for today. I'll check back later when I have more time. Have a fantastic day, and remember that you have the power to make it a good one!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 04:25

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

I guess I just wanted to say hi since I haven't chimed in on these daily threads yet. I think it's a great idea; this board needs the activity ^_^
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:14

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Good morning...

I thought I would say hello to everyone today too. It is a beautiful day in Ontario, and I am feeling good today.

I had one egg instead of two this morning, just to see if I would even be hungry at lunch time, since I never am. If I am not hungry on one egg, then I might try having just my coffee... just to see But if I am hungry before lunch, two eggs it will be again tomorrow!

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Tracy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:33
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Goodmorning!
I really like this thread- much easier than all the journals, and fun to see everyone on CAD/CALP.
Had my regular CM this morning: 2 eggs, 1Tground flax, 2 slices turkey bacon and coffee/w milk.
I'm bringing lunch to work:leftover salad from dinner and extra salmon.
The plan for RM tonight is chicken/feta sausages on the grill. I haven't gone beyond that yet. I will grill up a dozen, so I'll have lunch tomorrow too.Taking DS to the dermatologist today, so I may end up at the market for the rest of dinner. We usually wait more than an hour.Oh well, part of being a mom.
Have a great day!
E
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:53

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning Everyone.

My the board is already active

I really messed up over the week-end, but I am not going to beat myself up over it. Today I am getting back on track and I will stay there.

This morning I will have 2 scrambled eggs and some black coffeee, and for my lunch CM, probably will be a salad with some canned Salmon on it. My RM, I haven't a clue yet, as DH will probably go to the store.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi guys, i am still here, i just got kinda busy over the weekend. i need to find the time to post here, i love this idea. i weighed in yesterday and have lost 3 lbs, so this is working. even though i keep cheating some days. i really want to stop doing that, i can feel such a huge diffence when i am off cad, i literally want to pick all day, those carbs are really not good for me. i need to commit to the everyday not just part of the week but all week. i would really be losing fast if i did this 100%. i hate wanting to eat and snack all day and feel out of control when i go off plan. so heres to committing full time to the plan i know works for my body. have a great day all and i will try to catch up on everyones posts. i hope everyone is doing well.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 08:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:

Good Morning All,

Just stopping by to say hello. My weekend was also horrible but I am back on the wagon again. Well gotta go, write you later!

EDIT: I also wanted to add, I do not eat breakfast - just coffee with cream. I actually do that because I am then hungry for dinner otherwise I would skip dinner instead.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 08:42

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Morning, all!

Hi there,everybody! Hope the MD weekend wasn't too appallingly decadent for us all.

Just made my first batch of experimental stevia Krups-churned tofu ice cream. Haven't tasted it (have to wait till RM ), but I'm bound and determined to find a recipe that will taste good without AS. I'm sure it will freeze hard as a rock (since I'm not adding any softening stuff), but that doesn't really bother me. Most important is finding a nice taste without any of the sugar alcohols or splenda/aspartame AS's.

Will keep you posted!

Have a terrific day, everyone.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 09:13

Stats: 220/218/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:?
Progress: 2%
Smile Hello everyone!

I hope all of you had a good holiday weekend!

We went to my in-laws to meet our new baby niece on Sat.. I felt like I blew it by having fruit salad and strawberry pie along with my ribs and salad until we got home at 9 pm. and I realized that was my only meal for the day we were so busy . I hope having your RM as your only meal is safe. Still, I'm down 2 lbs. overall for my first week with no cheats (except my sole 1 cuppa joe a week on Sun. lasted 1/2 hr.) so I'm totally satisfyed!

Have a great day to all of you

Ali
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 10:33

Stats: 190/174/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Everybody,
I also love this idea. We got up this morning and went kayaking. Saw two manatees, this retired life is tough! Had my bacon cheese quiche and coffee before we went. I really love it. Got the recipe from the internet, it's got 2 gm carbs a slice and tastes decadent. I'm thinking of playing around with it and turning it into a Mexican quiche. Has anybody tried the Colorado omelette at I-HOP? It's got bacon, sausage roast beef and cheese and it's delicious. My DH and I can split it and it's plenty. Wish there was an IHOP closer to us. Ah Well. Have a beautiful day!
Karen
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 10:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:

Be careful with those omelettes at Ihop, I hear they use pancake batter.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&highlight=ihop
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:51
Registered Member

Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Looks like many of us fell off the wagon over the weekend, so I don't feel so bad now!
Willbthin, congrats on the 3 lb loss!!!
I am still toying around with the program to see when I should have my RM's.
Since last week everyday was eggs and turkey bacon I got tired of it. I feel like my RM's later in the day turn into all-you-can eats. So today I had a bagel and cream cheese with hot chocolate (milk) for breakfast. (For some reason I don't binge at breakfast). Lunch is (eating now) tuna salad. Dinner, I'm not sure yet. I do not eat pigs or cows and the only fish I eat is canned tuna so I am a bit limited. It seems I eat a whole lot of turkey burgers and turkey bacon. I'll spend naptime (I have a toddler) looking up recipes so I won't get bored and binge.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 18:40

Plan: CAD,calorie deficit
Stats: 303/277.8/160 Female 66 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 18%

Hi everyone,
Nice to see a daily thread! I have been off work for the last 6 days(going back tomorrow). I have been staying on program and really happy that I was able to make it that long. Being at home does seem to make it harder during the day. Goal this week is to try and get alittle more creative with my CM's so I dont get too bored. My RM's I need to balance better. No problem with having boredom there lol. Have a great night! Tammy
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 18:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 100/110/100 Female short
BF:
Progress:

Hi! I am starting CAD tomorrow after 1 week of reinduction on Atkins (had to shed some vacation regain/water weight). The medication I have just started (Topamax) increases the risk of kidney stones so I cannot be in ketosis while on it, so I was wondering if any of you are still in ketosis while doing CAD? I am really excited to start and to be part of this lively online community. I have read CAD, CALP, and skimmed the 7-day Low carb rescue plan too. I plan to have Indian food for RM lunch tomorrow. Do any of you guys do RM lunches? I don't think I could sleep very well with a large carby meal. Have a great day
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 20:11

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Yes this a great idea. I have hung around the atkins forum because this one was soooo inactive!

I did really well over the weekend. Thanks to my dh I stayed on plan. Ate a wonderful rm at a chinese res. and later stopping at a station to get a dink for the ride home I wanted a icee. My dh encouraged me that since I had done sooo well to not ruin it for myself. So I had a diet soda and was perfectly satisfied with that!!! Did well today too but didn't eat enough and am having a few cravings and hunger now...

d3termined. I have been in ketosis one time on this plan according to the strrips but I don't feel any of the sypmtoms of it like I did while doing atkins..ie hot, sleepless, jittery.

Have a great tommorrow eeryone!!!