Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 09:54
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking Monday weigh-in...

Down a pound!! Even with the extra carbs on Saturday night because of the migraine!!

I'm going to chart and average, then change my stats NEXT Monday.

I'm glad I didn't quit right away. If the weight loss continues, and the hunger diminishes during the day, I've found a new plan.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:05
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

WooHoo Potatofree!

That's terrific news. I believe that once you adjust to CAD and understand what foods work with you the hunger will diminish and the lbs will slowly melt away. As far as cravings or hunger goes...one thing I've learned that works is to keep it real simple for CM's. RM's for me though have to be mostly LC with a little dessert if I choose. So far whatever you are doing is working so try to stick with it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:37
Fully Caffeinated

You know, I don't MIND the hunger as much when I have something to show for it!!!

Something I heard on Oprah actually just "clicked" last night when I wanted an extra snack SO bad... she was talking about complaining to her trainer about that "snackish" feeling.

He told her that the feeling was actually caused by her body digging into it's fat stores for fuel... she said "Well, I told him WHY didn't you tell me this before!!!" and "When I feel that now, I'm like (to my thighs) HELP yourself, come right on in!!!..lol She has quite the way with words!!

The Dr Phil book tells about changing the way you percieve things. This is doing the trick for me! Instead of dwelling on it, I embrace it as the fat-burning process and find something to keep my hands busy and my mind occupied....

Good-bye thighs!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:14

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Congratulations!

I hope the progress continues, because CAD is a wonderful program to live on!

Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

woohoo, congrats!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 04:09

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

It can take a little while to adjust. Looks like you're doing great!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 07:33
"Hopeless Romantic"

Plan: 000000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 26%

Potatofree, love that statement from Oprah! I didnt know that but will now welcome that feeling anytime. Also, someone told me that you should "wear your hunger on your sleeve" so to speak as you cant be walking around stuffed all the time and still be losing weight. I remember this when i'm feeling a little growlie and its not meal time. Have a great day!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 07:50

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yay Potatofree! Nice to see you over here! Hugs!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 08:22
Fully Caffeinated

Thanks, guys.

I made a freaky discovery... my scale is going nuts. It's not exactly a quality piece of equipment to start with, but it gives me a different reading every time I step on it..I know weight fluctuates, but in ONE minute's time???lol

I just put in a bid on eBay for one of those bodyfat measuring ones... I live for gadgets!!! Failing that, I think I need to get a better one than the $5 Target model I have now....
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:02
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

Okay, this wasn't funny to me like 2 months ago, but now that I thought about it, its actually really hilerious. I used the same ole scale, dial one, when I started Atkins in Aug.
Here's the thing. I am quite short. I needed to reach just a tiny bit higher for something in my bathroom a few months ago and stood on my scale to do it. Well, I stood on the plastic cover on the display. Wouldn't yah know it.....shattered it Dh had to leave the room, because, I mean...how many people can say, I stood on the scales and busted it? So anyway...

I have been using it prior to just getting my new one, without a lil mark that came on the display. I drew my own mark at the zero line. So I can honestly say that when I bought my new digital scale, it was much needed.

Barb, good thinkin .. you have lost enough to deserve a nice set of scales!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 00:05

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Potatofree--I bought a fairly nice scale a couple of years ago, and still have that problem.. I can get on it--get my weight--get off--back on (without moving it at all), and get a totally different #... So, I just get on and if it's a number that I like--I don't let myself get back on it that day.. If it's a number that I don't like--I try again in a different spot on the floor...
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 07:48
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

Tess that is so funny! I do the same. If it's a number I don't like I check the scale meticulously..making sure the needle is at the 0. I have one spot on the bathroom floor I always align my scale to it...the floor is more even there. I then proceed to step on it in slow motion holding on to anything around me so as not to move the scale. By this time I have removed everything plus pony tail holder. If after weighing in a couple of times and getting different readings. I pick the lowest!
The truth is I've been dying to get a new scale..a digital one with big numbers. I'm just worried I will weigh more on the new one.

For now I will trust my handy measuring tape.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 08:27
Fully Caffeinated

Lol... I guess we all have our variations of the Scale Dance!

I honestly think my wisest choice would be to junk the scale, and go to our little clinic once a MONTH for a weigh-in. (They'll do that, and a bp check for free if you're a regular patient there.) <sigh> But I like to KNOW...although I'm getting MUCH better at not letting the number rule my day! (Thanks, Dr Phil...<giggle>)
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 13:22

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

This is too funny, just this morning I was wondering how many people get off and on, and off and on the scale till they get a number they like. This morning on first step my scale errored, then second time gave me a number I didn't like so I went and exercised, came back a weighed again finally got a number I was happy with - same as yesterday!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 13:56
"Hopeless Romantic"

Plan: 000000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi everyone! We have a digital scale and it still gives us different numbers. You are supposed to step on, step off and then step on for your weight. I guess this gives the scale time to read what;s there. Sometime we get on 5 times and get 5 different readings. Always take the lowest number!!!!it wasnt cheap either, so what to do now???????