Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 18:04

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%
Default I'm Outta Control!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the confession booth and now I'm confessing....

I'm going on two weeks of high carbs and I'm feeling terrible. I don't feel like I can even post in my journal because all I can write is...I CHEATED~~~~~AGAIN! I have the foods that I need on hand and I'm STILL cheating....ALL DAY LONG! I feel like a big fat loser...I'm outta control and I can't stop. I want to get back into low-carb foods but the way I'm acting, I'm having no self control. I'm afraid to step on the scale, I'm afraid to put on the jeans that I was wearing last week....I totally SUCK! I know that all I'm supposed to do is get back on the wagon and eat the foods that I JUST went shopping for...I KNOW THIS! WHY AM I NOT DOING THIS?

ok, i've vented, screamed, stomped my foot....now what?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 20:05

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

Hi GL,
You do NOT suck dear!
I think one of the best things I have learned from this board is that this WOL has to be taken one day at a time.
Step back and take a breath. Has anything changed recently? Added stress or happiness? Can you get some of the high carb food out of the house? I believe that everyone stumbles, and if this WOE is for you, you WILL get back on track. Keep your journal up and your spirits. You WILL be OK
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 08:35
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Cmon Goat Lady - back to your journal,

You've done this confession now c'mon back where I can find you easily and all your other freinds too. What's over and done with dosent matter - and it dosent matter how many times you have to start over - as long as you do.

Hope I see an entry from you soon
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 08:40
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Why don't you give CAD a try for awhile until you get back under control. Whatever you do, you'll have to go through three days of h*ell until you system gets cleaned out.

Don't worry about failing. We've all been there. Just pick yourself up and move on.

Good Luck!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hello

I agree totally CAD is GREAT! I've been doing it for a week now and I LOVE it! I've lost 3lbs this week since making the switch from Atkins, so if you have ever heard that most people gain.. not true.. Some maybe,but not me!! I was going through so much cheating on Atkins and I never truly stuck to it the way you should! So CAD has been my life saver! Best of luck to you!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 23:15

Stats: 445/-/200 Female 5'5
BF:No Clue
Progress: 0%

Hang in there Goat Lady! You can do this! I cheated so much last week, I almost gave up on this WOL. I am so glad I didn't. Someone told me "Take it one day at a time. If you fall down, get back up, because there is always tomorrow"

This helped me tremendously. Now I say well if I cheat or make a mistake, I will just start back over tomorrow, because I can do this. I know you can too! *hugs*

Last edited by proud2bmom : Sun, Nov-07-04 at 23:26.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 21:06
Registered Member

Stats: 188/170.5/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Honey, I feel your pain!!! Ever since Halloween, I have had no self control either! I have asked myself a million times why I can't get it together. I had a great day yesterday...called it my "detox day" and ate so well. Then today I went to work, where they have more Halloween candy than my local convenience store!! So, I fell again! I'm not giving up though, and you can't either! We CAN DO THIS!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 10:21
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

well if you are like me..then you need to make yourself get on that scale and try those jeans on....it is easy to stay on the wrong track when you stick your head in the sand and don't face truth head on....

Tell yourself that after your weigh and try on those jeans you were wearing you can still eat high carb if you want...but that you are going to eat high carb in truth in the full light of what you are allowing to happen to your body...I bet you money that you will want to get back on the right track...

you will probably be upset...but it is the truth that will set you free...plan on giving yourself some love other than food...bubble bath...buying something for yourself...time to read a good book...whatever...

but only facing the truth will break you out of your negative cycle...that is if you are at all like me...this is what I have just had to do for myself...and start fresh....

hugs and love