Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 04:56
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 146/126.1/120
BF:26.5
Progress: 77%
Default cheese vs. popcorn

You are so good.

I went to see "Die Another Day" on Sunday and ate half of a (large size!) bag of popcorn.

Needless to say I had a stomach ache all afternoon. Ugh.

The movie was good though :-).
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 09:10

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Disease....

Hi,

I can't remember where I saw this but apparently there is name for what you do. There is a disease or syndrome or something about people sleep walking and eating. They go on this diet and eat normally all day, then sleepwalk at night eating all sorts of things, and then they can't understand why they're gaining weight when they're following their diets to the letter.

I saw this on TV this week but can't remember which show they were talking about it. What a coincidence that I would see your post and it talks about the same thing.

Look into it a little further, there's even a name for it. Maybe Doreen would be able to help us on this.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 09:35
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Tigra
I would suggest that you try to maintain your CAD regimen. If you just need to pig out or do emotional eating during RM it won't hurt you and you won't gain weight. Without CAD you definitely will. Don't worry about salads and portion sizes just eat what you want in the amount you need. Doing CAD in 3/4 time won't work and will just cause increased cravings and depression. Things you don't want or need right now. And with winter here once you start spiralling out of control, it can be very hard to get that control back. You can wake up in spring 40 pounds or so heavier. Believe me, I've been there!

After all I've said, you can only do what you can do. But at the same time don't let troubles or worse, someone, else deter you from what's best for you.

Take care. I wish you the best. Most of all, whatever you do, don't leave us.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 10:47

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Re: micro-cheese

Quote:
Originally posted by RedLisaP
Cassie--

About that microwave cheese snack - that sounds kinda yummy - does it matter what kind of cheese you use?

I use American cheese.....and not the "cheese food", but real cheese. Works very well. I like to snack on this, along w/ pepperoni chips.....don't even miss the potato chips and Cheetos. I have those at RM, so I don't miss them at all!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 04:48

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Tigra hope things go easier for you.....

there have been times in my life when a "diet" has given me structure when everything else is confusion ! That can actually be a help.

Just go with whatever suits you best. You may decide that eating well, is a present to yourself. If you look after YOU then maybe everything else will be easier.

If you fall down a carb "black hole" you may end up feeling worse ? just go day to day and see how you feel. meanwhile we'll all send you cyber-hugs. I hope you feel better soon xxx