Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 16:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Question I'm taking Yeast Defense for candida - die off question

I just started Saturday night. Taking 2 capsules 2x daily.

Contents:
Yeast Defense: Caprylic Acid…300mg+, Pau D' Arco (4:1 extract) (bark)…200mg+, Deodorized Garlic (bulb)…200mg+, Grapefruit Extract (citrus pavadist) (seed)…20mg+, Chlorophyll Concentrate…10mg+, In A Proprietary Blend [100% Natural Cultures of: Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, Lactobacillus Casei (two billion at time of manufacture)…200mg+, [+ Daily value not established]. Gelatin (capsules), Rice Flour.

I took the "spit test" and had lots of tentacles, cloudy water immediately.
Lots of symptoms like weight loss stall, bloat, sinus infections, joint achiness so Candida seems likely.

Started the Yeast Defense Saturday night. Feel lots of flu-like symptoms, a bit of a rash, headache, no energy. Do these symptoms mean that I'm really experiencing a die off from Candida, or could I just be experiencing a bad reaction to the Yeast Defense. Or am I just coming down with the flu.

Thanks for your help!

Gail
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:21

Plan: My Own
Stats: 240/213/152 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Its probably die off. If its bad stop the tablets for 3-4 days and if you improve then its the tablets. If its unbearable, reduce your dose for a while. Its important to stick stictly to your candida diet during this phase.
Hope it improves soon for you.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 22:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/205/135 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 9%
Wink

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me what brand of yeast defense are you taking? I am looking for the best supplements i can buy while on the candida elimination diet.. can anyone help?? Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-13, 07:07

Plan: My own
Stats: 189/179/130 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Die off symptoms

In response to die off symptoms that are flu like, yes that is what is happening. I was under doctors care taking nystatin 9 pills at a time and had massive die off. I was sick with headaches, very upset stomach, and pain in all parts of my body for over 14 days. I could not work, eat or sleep. On the other side of it I never felt so good. He told me I had never been well so would not know how great I would feel. He was right and it was worth every sick day to get to the other side! Energy id awesome and my thinking has cleared up dramatically. Can't even have a negative thought. I now take Yeast Defense to keep things under control every day!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-13, 11:48

Plan: No specific plan
Stats: 185.0/171.8/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Die off tends to happen when we go "too fast" with our Candida protocols. Candida is already releasing toxins into your body; and then you kill them and they release even more as they die. That's why you feel sick.

Some recommendations to reduce die-off symptoms are to temporarily discontinue or slow down your antifungal supplements; slow down on your probiotic; increase your fluid intake; and get some rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom
I just started Saturday night. Taking 2 capsules 2x daily.

Contents:
Yeast Defense: Caprylic Acid…300mg+, Pau D' Arco (4:1 extract) (bark)…200mg+, Deodorized Garlic (bulb)…200mg+, Grapefruit Extract (citrus pavadist) (seed)…20mg+, Chlorophyll Concentrate…10mg+, In A Proprietary Blend [100% Natural Cultures of: Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, Lactobacillus Casei (two billion at time of manufacture)…200mg+, [+ Daily value not established]. Gelatin (capsules), Rice Flour.

I took the "spit test" and had lots of tentacles, cloudy water immediately.
Lots of symptoms like weight loss stall, bloat, sinus infections, joint achiness so Candida seems likely.

Started the Yeast Defense Saturday night. Feel lots of flu-like symptoms, a bit of a rash, headache, no energy. Do these symptoms mean that I'm really experiencing a die off from Candida, or could I just be experiencing a bad reaction to the Yeast Defense. Or am I just coming down with the flu.

Thanks for your help!

Gail
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-13, 19:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/177/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

I too did the spit test and just tonight am starting a probio... now I'm worried about the die off symptoms! haha! Can't wait for the "other side" as one person wrote!