Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 09:49

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Talking measurements are looking good!!!, have a question also

Hi everyone,

well, I am so glad that someone advised me awhile back to take measurements. At the time I was a little bummed out to actually see the numbers. I recorded my measurements exactly one month ago and took them again this morning. I am pleased to say that I lost 1/2 inch on my waist, 1 nch on my thighs, i inch on my hips and 1/2 inch on my upper arms (which is so exciting because I always hated my arms.) So, although I haven't lost any weight I know now that my bosy is taking up a little less space than it did before and some of that ugly fat has turned into glorious muscle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I encourage everyone to take measurments, You will be amazed. I thought that my arms were looking a little better but I had no idea the rest of me had lost inches too. For those stalls we get in, knowing that you have lost inches really makes you want to continue and not give up.

OK, Now a question for anyone out there with an answer. I am a mother of 2, pushing 30 and obviously have some more weight to lose. My question is........ The area right below my belly button is just disgusting!!!!!! I have a pouch that will not go away and it not only there but also carries over to my upper hips,it looks like I have about ten pounds just strapped on to me. Does anyone else have this problem area? How can I get rid of it? I know that losing all the weight I need to will possibly help it slightly but I know I have to do something else. If I was rich I would consider having some surgery, HA!!!!! Does anyone know a good excercise for that. I do excercise but nothing seems to help it. The funny thing is the more weight I lose the more obvious that becomes and it just stares me in the mirror. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for going on and on,

Laurie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 09:58

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Laurie, congrats on your discovery Feels good to be shrinking doesn't it?

I'm sure you've heard this before but it bears repeating: you cannot spot reduce. To lose the weight around your tummy you have to decrease overall body fat. This is usually the last place you lose the weight, btw. If your problem is excess skin left over as you lose weight that too will shrink over time. There are things you can do to help it along; drink sufficient water, be sure you're getting enough EFA's (essential fatty acids) and there is a technique called "Brushing" you might like to look into. Also, abdominal exercises done now will build and strengthen the muscles under the fat. Strengthening your abs will also help improve posture and will help protect your back from injury. There are some good exercises and routines listed in the Exercise Forum if you're interested.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 10:16

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default thanks Nat

Nat,

Thanks for the response and the info on body brushing. I never heard of that bofore. Have you tried it? I wonder if that would work. I am open minded and will try anything if I think it will help me on this plan.

Thanks Again
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 15:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hi Laurie

Boy oh Boy do I know what U mean...lol. Even tho I am past my goal weight I have this hideous little pouch below my belly button. Im 37 and have had 2 c-sections, my daughter was born at 10 pds 4 oz and 23 1/2 inches long. I have been exercising continuously for 7 months now and altho I do see some improvement I also realize because of having babies and my body shape there isnt a whole lot I can do about it. UNLESSSSSS someone out there is willing to pay for me to have a boob lift and tummy tuck.....LOL ya ya ya I know but I had to ask. hehehe
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 15:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/143/125
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default belly bulge

I, too, have that unsightly area below me belly button. I agree with Nat that you can't spot reduce, but abdominal exercises can't hurt! I lay on my back with my legs in line with my body and raise my entire leg one at a time and count back from 20. You can start at any number and work up to 20 or even higher. I figured if I toned the area a little bit, maybe I would look and feel better. If you find any other great way to get rid of that, please share! Good luck!Chele
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 21:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

I have that ugly tummy thing too. I did have a tummy tuck...last time I reached goal. And I will need one again. That is the only draw back that I can think of that goes with the tuck...if you regain the weight, and lose it again...your body doesn't go back into shape...anyhow...I am going for another one when I reach goal, because I want to rid myself of some more stretch marks...and the tuck works wonders for that...I already have the money saved...or at least most of it...so I am just waiting to get to goal.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-01, 11:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default cool Lil!!

I was wondering how much a tummy yuck would cost? I always thought they were really expensive?