Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 12:12

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
OH NO! Not another problem! How will I face it!

Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-08, 12:51

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi all!
Bet you thought I gave up. Nope I'm still here. This last week has been shaky to say the least. My doctor has put me on a steroid cream that has made my appetite simply voracious.

I also seem to be having a real aversion to vegetables. Usually I love them but for the past week I've been finding them just plain boring and un-appetizing. It's too cold for salads and I'm getting sick of cabbage and cauliflower. Poor pitiful me.

I'm not going to post my weight today. The steroids have bloated me terribly. As for my food plan...well I'm doing the best I can do for right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-08, 13:37

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

I'm very sorry to hear about the complications. I hope you'll soon find something you still like which is CALP-proof.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-08, 15:56

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Hi all!
Bet you thought I gave up. Nope I'm still here. This last week has been shaky to say the least. My doctor has put me on a steroid cream that has made my appetite simply voracious.

I also seem to be having a real aversion to vegetables. Usually I love them but for the past week I've been finding them just plain boring and un-appetizing. It's too cold for salads and I'm getting sick of cabbage and cauliflower. Poor pitiful me.

I'm not going to post my weight today. The steroids have bloated me terribly. As for my food plan...well I'm doing the best I can do for right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Steroids are a good wrench to throw into anyone's usual way of eating...ugh!
Just do the best you can...forgive me for not remembering, but what other veggies do you like? I have a million recipes/ideas ...okay, only a few, but you might like those few
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-08, 09:14

BF:

Hi ladies! Thanks for the encouragement.

PatriciaKr, I could sure use some of your veggie recipes. I like most vegetables, except perhaps beets. I like green beans but they make me crave and stall my weight loss.

On the plus side I've been exercising 3 to 5 times a week for the past 3 weeks. Recumbent bike, 30 minutes.

I downloaded some photos from my digital camera the other day. Up pops a photo that my 8 year old niece took of me a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked. I look like one of those before pictures on a diet infommercial. How come I don't look that fat in my head?

I am determined to get my eating under control. I'm going to add in a morning and afternoon cm snack. I know that snacks aren't strictly allowed but until I get this steroid thing under control I don't see as I have a choice.

It doesn't help that the place where I work has cakes, candies and other goodies all over the place. I usually very rarely indulge but the steroids even make the stapler on my desk look appetizing.

Have a great day all! I'm off to search the recipe forum.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-08, 11:36

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi Dar,

I'm not sure where the belief that snacks aren't allowed on Calp is coming from (maybe they weren't allowed on cad??)...but you *can* snack on Calp..it's just called having a cm, and it should, optimally, consist of protein and a cm veggie. I often, to be honest, just do some protein though when I need a small cm. It's not the best choice because the fiber in raw veggies especially, is good re feeling full, and helping with weight loss.

Veggies....I'll pm you the recipe I use for a spinach cheese casserole..and which you can vary greatly - last night, I made it just with zucchini, and have really enjoyed several variations in the past, a cauliflower/spinach, or just cauliflower.

I enjoy simple spinach sauteed with a bit of garlic, in oil.
I make a zucchini soup - that is simple and thick - just boiled and mostly drained zucchini, blenderized and then with sour cream mixed in and your seasonings (curry powder is nice, or a simple garlic, bit of salt and pepper).

Too bad re the green beans - I like making what I call green bean carbonara for breakfast...green beans with crisp cooked bacon, bit of scallion, and at the last minute, a beaten egg scrambled in to coat the green beans.

Mushrooms...portobello's really do taste meaty, and are quite good, once cooked with a bit of cheese melted atop.

Also mushrooms - love to stuff 'em with a crabmeat/scallion/diced celery mix.

Look in the recipe section for a recipe by Karen for her cauli-flied rice...superb!!!

I also play around with zucchini fritters (zucchini cut julienne style), cauliflower fritters (no flour, simply thick mashed cauli with ricotta and egg, seasonings, pan fried carefully).

Asparagus - another simply yummy veggie - have it steamed with butter, or blenderize for a soup, using a homemade chicken broth for richness of flavor, bit of sour cream.

Cabbage - I use angel hair cut cabbage and make a cm coleslaw - here is a recipe for all: I use salt free, sugar free rice wine vinegar, mayo, celery seed, fresh ground black pepper - mix all of these together - will be thickish, and then mix in your cabbage. Let sit for an hour or two....very nice. * the caveat is that rice wine vinegar may trigger some.*

hope some of the above suggestions help, and that others step in with suggestions.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-08, 12:31

BF:

Yummm... thanks so much for the ideas. The zucchini soup sounds wonderful for this time of year.

You're right about the snacks not being allowed only in CAD. I'll have to re-read my CALP book. It's been a while since I've really read the guidelines.

I also found several new ideas for vegetables in the recipe forum, including the cauli-flied rice.

I'm going to print out your idea's and put them in my recipe book with my other favorite cm recipes.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 00:55
Registered Member

Plan: Semi Low Carb
Stats: 316/300/200 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 14%

Just started CALP. I didn't know we could eat imitation crab. I love that stuff.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 07:18

BF:

Hi BlueEyes,

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that imitation crab would be for reward meals only. I don't know about Canada but here in the U.S. its usually is made with added sugar.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 07:22

BF:

I'm still here, still exercising, still on steriods. I have been off plan for a week now. At this point I'm just trying to control my eating. The steriods are killing me. I'm going to call my doctor today and talk to her about it.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'll be back on plan as soon as I can.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 10:49
Registered Member

Plan: Semi Low Carb
Stats: 316/300/200 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 14%

Dar - Yes, imitation crab does have lots of sugar in it in Canada too. I see now that you had it for a RM meal. I thought it was at your CM. I look forward to having it from time to time at RM.

Patriciakr - thanks for the great ideas!