Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-19, 08:40

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey guys, you’re being harsh,
Sugar consumption would also be reduced by half! Down to just 31g a day per person. Lol.

There are so many ways of producing food and so many factors to consider. We produce cereals and root crops. Producing root crops RUINS the soil. I have yet to see sustainable vegetable growing on a commercial scale.

You want to save some planet..? Ban the cut flower industry. Prime land, people, water, chemicals, machines, etc, given over to something pretty. Leads to international trade in COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY produce which has short shelf life and has to be climate controlled. Best of all, the whole thing will be gone in two weeks time. That’s before considering all the waste along the way, flowers that get snapped, dry out or go unsold. (It’s ok, because you can add to your compost so is carbon neutral...)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-19, 10:50

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieScot
You want to save some planet..? Ban the cut flower industry. Prime land, people, water, chemicals, machines, etc, given over to something pretty. Leads to international trade in COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY produce which has short shelf life and has to be climate controlled. Best of all, the whole thing will be gone in two weeks time. That’s before considering all the waste along the way, flowers that get snapped, dry out or go unsold. (It’s ok, because you can add to your compost so is carbon neutral...)

I'm with you! We should start a movement. Those fields of flowers are pretty, tho. I used to work near a tulip farm - I'd take my lunchtime walk in that direction during blooming season.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-18-19, 06:29
Registered Member

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 140/140/000 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Reviving this thread because I just came across the Lancet mess yesterday (I know, I know, where have I been!) and what amazes me to no end is why vegans want fake MEAT?

If meat is so bad why do McDonald's and the other fast food dispensers twist crap into a 'thing' that tastes like, and looks like, MEAT???????

At stores near me the vegan shelves are growing - all crap from some factory, and expensive. For the few young women who love little bunnies and lambkins we all soon will be forced to eat crap. This kind of emotion is not a basis for food choices, put forth by our totalitarian governments.

Alan Savory (see him on youtube) shows conclusively that we cannot farm most land in the world, but on most of the un-farmable land we can raise cattle, sheep, pigs and chicken - "tofus" are harder to raise!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, May-18-19, 07:25

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Wanna save the planet?

Quit growing lawns, if you must, grow food instead or plant xeriscape plants that need no care other than what mother nature provides

Plant trees and quit cutting them down.

Eat 100% grass-fed beef and dairy

Paint your roof white - a university study determind if everybody painted their roof white, it would buy us 100 years by reflecting the heat back out

Get a fuel-efficient vehicle, and drive it sanely. But gentle acceleration and anticipating braking by coasting as much as I can before applying brakes I get 100 extra miles per tankful.

Turn off the Air Conditioner. 37% of the energy generated in the entire planet goes to run air conditioners. You cannot be an environmentalist with a clear conscience if you use the AC.

Do not vote for climate denying political candidates, no matter what party they belong to.

I could go on, but this much would make a huuuuuuuuge impact.

Bob
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-18-19, 08:07

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
Do not vote for climate denying political candidates, no matter what party they belong to.

Hard to deny that there is a climate . . .