Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Yehaa!! Met my goal!
Posted by respira
Posted Tue, Dec-11-07
Female 5'2
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/140/120
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Yehaa!! Met my goal!

I wanted to be 120 by christmas...I'm there, so I moved my goal to 118. This gal is going on an after Xmas shopping spree!
I haven't got a picture for after yet. I will get one this weekend when we go out and I'm all dressed up

My Story
I was the chubby kid in school growing up, but there was Debbie who was fatter than me and I always took comfort in that. In High School and College, I went into starvation mode and also was very active exercise wise and had a nice body. Then I got married and then I started having children (I gained 50 lbs. with each pregnancy). Luckily I breast fed all 3 children and was able to get a lot of the weight off. But each child left me with a little gift of extra weight. As you can see I gain weight very easily…Who gains 50 lbs. when they are pregnant???

I bumped along for years with the extra weight. Then when I hit 43 I became ill and was put on mega doses of steroids for 3 years, My weight ballooned til the day I saw written on my Doctor’s chart (I snuck a peek while he was out of the room) “46 yr. old Obese Female.” I was in shock. I knew I was overweight but had no idea I was obese.

Then I met this girl that was very pretty and seemed to really have her act together. She was obese like me and had been on steroids for a long period like me. We got to talking about steroids and she told me it had been 10 years since she had been off them and the weight had not come off. She told me the weight was permanent and to not even try dieting. Fool that I was, I believed her.

Years passed, no weight change and I was convinced that she had been right. And after all, I was now in my 50’s and who ever heard of a woman who had spent her life fighting fat getting a good figure in her menopause years.

Then, I kept hearing about the Atkin’s diet. It sounded like a diet I could stick to. I got curious and bought the book. I started the diet and the weight just started melting off. I was ecstatic! I was halfway to my goal weight when I got sick again. Here came the steroids all over again, plus I had surgery. I felt like fate was totally against me losing the weight. I became depressed. For a year I did more or less the maintenance diet. I didn’t gain weight but I didn’t lose weight.

Then this past August I decided to get off the pity pot and finish the job I had started. The weight started pouring off again and here I am at my goal. And to tell the truth I am in more shock now than when I read the Doctor’s notes “46 yr. old Obese Female.”

Now I’m a 54 year old fox and that Doctor better damn well put that in his notes!!
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After

by Sandollar on Tue, Dec-11-07, 14:12

Congratulations! You look beautiful!!!!

28 comments [read all comments]