Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
A new life.. a new me! *edit: NOW 80lbs lost*
Posted by Candiflip
Posted Wed, Nov-03-10
Female 66 inches
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140
BF:22%
Progress: 82%
Default A new life.. a new me! *edit: NOW 80lbs lost*

At my highest weight 4 years ago I was 242.. I was SO unhappy. I had battled issues with my weight all my life.. and when I was getting my life straightened out I just was slowing adding on the pounds.. I'm bipolar and was put on many different medication to help me.. and some made me gain a lot of weight.. and then the rest of the weight was me.. even with the meds I was still depressed at times, and always turned to food.. forward to 2006.. we had been trying to conceive for year and never had any luck. Was told if I lost weight that would help the situation.. Well I lost the weight(I went from 242 to 170).. and even then were not able to conceive.. after trying to conceive so long.. I was getting depressed.. again turned to food and gained 15lbs back of the weight I had just lost.. it really was a never ending battle with depression and weight gain for me at this point... In 2008 we ended up having to do IVF in order to try and conceive a child.. I gained a bit of weight from that on top of the 15 I had already gained back... the meds did a number on me to say the least! We were lucky enough to get pregnant the first cycle.. and then with the pregnancy I gained like 50-60lbs.. I was MISERABLE to say the least. A day after giving birth, I was instantly down 35lbs.. but then it seemed after Andrew was born.. I found myself still eating a lot.. and started drinking more *stress* lol .. I ended never losing anymore baby weight.. actually the opposite.. ended up gaining back all that I had lost! I guess for me, it just hit me.. I was miserable.. I was just not happy with myself. I could not run and play with my son.. I had trouble going up and down stairs in our home.. I was out of breath all the time.. my knees had gone out a few times.. I was just in pain all the time! I did not want to live like that anymore. I wanted to be able to walk Andrew to the park.. run in the yard with him. I wanted to stop being in so much pain and just live! For me Andrew has been my motivation from the get go. I started living a low carb way of live on January 3rd 2010 and over the last 11 months have lost 73 pounds. I went from 228 lbs, size 1x shirts, 20/22 size pants to what I am today.. 155 lbs, size medium shirts and size 6 jeans. I am beyond ecstatic with my success! I really never in a million years thought I would be a size 6.. NEVER..and even a medium top! It’s been a tough journey.. it is not easy giving up white breads & sugar that’s for sure! I have learned a whole new way of eating. A way that WORKS for me! I am now happy! I love the person I see in the mirror. I love that I am able to run & play with my son. I am able to take long walks, like 5k some days, with no issues. I am never out of breath, well... maybe when I’m doing my Shred lol, but really never struggling to get through my day. Never in pain anymore. Just in general, SO happy with my life! And happy with all I have achieved over these last 11 months! Here is to living again!!

“Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.”

*EDIT*
Just wanted to update this.
I did go on to lose 7 more lbs and hit my 80lb lost mark! So I did the math and that is 35% of my body weight I lost(I think? my math is not that great )
I could not be happier!
January 3rd 2011 will be my 1 year mark.. and I can't express how excited I am for all I have accomplished through out the last year!
I am totally a new person.. inside and out!
I really want to thank all the supportive friends I have here on this forum. It really is like a family here!

New picture at 80lbs..

NEW picture
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
After

63 comments [read all comments]

Article tools