Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi and welcome NRRACING.. GOTTA GIVE ME ANOTHER NAME I CAN TYPE!!! LOL... Well, this plan is for fat loss not weight loss. the scale will not accurately show whee you are.
It will break that stall I am pretty sure.. I would highly recommnd that you follow the book to the letter though and forget the dirty carb nights for a go around..Check out our careful and sane Paulette for a reasonable start idea
My plan is very legal and not dirty.. i will sample lots of things.. to be a dirty dog, I think it is gluteny

SO, welcome and let's get this done!! Most important is that you can enjoy the off or CARB NITES and maintain as long as you are consistent.

Well, I am going to develope a chart for my progress . It is the way I track the best. AND speaking of tracking.. I have tried FOUR times to input my custom food of whey shake and got kicked off 5 times!! Not going abck so I will have to back track this data.
Had one serving of shake so far... 2 tbl HC (2 F+ ) & 1serv.whey..30g= 1P+ so looks fine to me anyway.

I am down 1 pound of water bloat and pretty sure it is more right now.
My official carb nite weight is 164.0
if any one wants to do this go for it. I put it inot C&P format:
FEB 18.2016....
Name...........start wt....St date.......CN...........today's.wt..........progress
CRICKET:......171.2......2/9/16........2/18/16......164.0...........7.2 lost
2/10/16 measurements:
forearm:13...chest:41....abdomen:37....waist:37.....hip.:41..thigh:23... ..
under knee...17.5

2/13/16.....forearm:12..chest:41..ab:36...waist:35..hip.:40....thigh.:22..
knee..17
LOSS OF 6.5 inches in 4 days
lost
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 13:09

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Good morning! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Cricket - yes, I was a ghostie. I should have joined a long time ago, but just didn't. I'm anxious to hear how you do with your CN today. Part of me is so afraid I'll lose all control of myself if I allow a CN, but seeing you get through it successfully will be a big motivator for me.

Paulette - my stall sister. Lol. I hate stalls. It's so frustrating to do everything right and have nothing happen. KUDOS to you for not letting it slide you back into negative patterns. I'm right on the cusp of going back to my old ways, but hanging on for dear life because I know that would be catastrophic. I'm anxious to hear your CN goes too!

Hello to all the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

A little about me - I'm 45 and live in a Denver, Co suburb. I've worked for the state patrol for 22 years. I'm a civilian office manager. I have 16 year old son who is on the autism spectrum and has managed to get himself into quite a bit of legal trouble so is living in a highly controlled environment outside of the home right now. I'm sure you get my drift. I'm an animal lover. Have three dogs, just lost my 4th one to cancer the week after Christmas. I have a pretty great boyfriend. He's the tall, skinny, eat whatever he wants type. That is so NOT fair! But it's life. That's enough for now.

Enjoy yourselves today

Dusti
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 13:46
Registered Member

BF:

HI DUSTi YES, you should have joined us ages ago on the team...You read and followed so you know we fall and brush off our knees and learn who to improve.

WE NEWBIES should ALL be nervous or scared poopless for many reasons. We have either followed on plan and done well and are comfortable folloing it and SAFE! We have triggers to ALWAYS avoid. CN does not make them disappear. WHat it does aside from the hormone kick ins etc is that it does allwo us, in a controlled manner ( still have rules here) to indulge in t he foods we wanted..and to do it weekly takes away the special edge we are so scared about. Once a food is available on a schedule, it become OK! Buy enough for that one CN and no more. STORES AND CLOSED to us. Day 5 or 6 go shopping for the weekly CN. We all can do that much easily!!! Just think about it.. we followed a strick plan for ages.. decades for me, years for Paulette. AND WE TOO have hit the regains and stalls for whatever good reasons and some not so good
Just like the A-TEAM, we can take comfort that we are all doing this and pretty much at the same time! How great is that. We also have the help of CHelle who is doing this for a good year now and LIANNE who is redoing so we are in good company always

Now to make the pancakes...
OH..My younger 16 yr grandson is autustic as well..shy and reserved and in special schools since forever so TG no issies there. Other Grandson is in fast track to Med school at University at Buffalo. AND YOU DUSI and my daughter jodi are the same age! I am feeling like the old Mamma Cricket again LOL!!! Jodi has gone from education to prison CO..likes the Prison better!
SHe is running around today trying to deal with a ton of legal matters from her father's estate and had not weighed in..sigh.. she is trying to at least do the c maptable exchanges.. it is a start! Forgive her
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 13:56

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Lianne - I like your foods. Except for the BPC. I prefer cream. I like eating tuna and it is a staple of mine!

I just had my first carbs of the "evening" ( I start earlier because I wake up so darn early and go to bed so darn early). Anyway, I had my serving of Cream of Wheat, but was still hungry, so I had "some" of Ed's cookies.

I feel a little sick! I think I may have over-done the cookies! I had 5!!!!

CRICKET - I am not as careful and sane as you think! (gee - our measurements ARE fairly similar! Why do I weigh so darn much and have such large clothes compared to you????? I obviously have a bigger butt! )

So I am off to a bad start. At this point, I cannot even imagine eating more carbs for another 6 hrs!!!!! Let alone 8!!! I wanted a Shamrock shake and a fish dinner later, but right now that is the LAST thing I want.

I will see how I feel in a few hours. I may need to tone this down a LOT. I am sure my menu will change. I will keep you all posted on the developments.

By the way, after I ate the cookies and started feeling sick, Ed LAUGHED at me!!! He thought the whole thing was hilarious!
...on with the Carb Nite...
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 15:02
Registered Member

BF:

OOoKKk... TWIN here LOL.. had that shake deal..then at 2:30 I made the pancakes..munched on caramnel rice cakes while it cooked.. I was HUNGRY.. had some of the BB syrup..very thin actually.. did not add pectin at all...made 3 large ones had less than half the pile. Good old carl the clean up man.. made him a few with2 fried eggs and he had mine too. I had ONE piece of VD candy..UGH and insert pucky guy for me too! I am full... gee.. I did have an Atkins shake with it for that flippin protein I have to have with each meal.. I am FULLLLlllllll !
At about 5ish ( OMG that is only 2 hrs from now... ok move it to 6PM.. the strip steak and baked potato, and then carbs ahoy snakcs are on! I will be asleep at 10PM with little problems.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 15:18

BF:

It is after 3. I was supposed to get my Shamrock Shake now, but I do not want to eat anything. I am monitoring my blood glucose. It is still going up. I took insulin. I hope it goes down before 5pm.

I may just have another serving of Cream of Wheat for dinner later. I certainly do NOT feel like having a normal dinner. This carb nite is very difficult to do when you are not used to it!
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 15:43

BF:

Wow, Cricket - so many synchronicities! I'm glad your grandsons are both doing so well. It can be so challenging having kids on the spectrum. My son is super high functioning and I sometimes think that makes it harder. People expect him to act "normal" because they can't easily recognize the parts that aren't. Do your grandsons live close? I think I read someowhere that you have horses too. I'm a horse girl myself! I can't afford my own, but will lease over the summer.

You girls are making me smile hearing about how hard you find it to choke down all those carbs. I just keep thinking about pre-low carb and how easy it was to down them. I think it is a good thing you are struggling a bit because it will help you maintain balance - meaning you'll get the carbs you need, but it's not likely you'll go full on crazy. Hopefully you can relax and enjoy every bite you eat and avoid getting too sick.

Paulette - did you say you bought the book and got some sort of online access to the CNS website? I'm trying to find that. I found the book on Amazon and the e-Book on his website, but don't see anything about special website access. Am I looking in the right place? It's kind of pricey, huh?
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 16:21

BF:

HW - When I bought the pdf book from his website, they sent me an access code in an email to log on to his site and get access to the blogs. I have browsed through but there are no good blogs that I found - and many are old! I am also occasionally getting emails from them to access a variety of podcasts, which I have taken the time to listen to a couple times. They are interesting.

------------
I decided to not have a biggish dinner. Ed made a nice little homemade thin crust pizza and I just had 2 slices. That is my din din for the night. I am full. In a couple hours I will have a piece of jelly toast before bed and that will be the end of my Carb Nite. It will be 208g of carbs. Plenty for me.

By the way, I am very thirsty and drinking my water nonstop. I am curious to see what the scale reads in the morning!
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 16:50

BF:

The name of Keifer's site is called Body io.

Strange name, but that is what it is.
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 17:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
The name of Keifer's site is called Body io.

Strange name, but that is what it is.

Thanks! I downloaded the e-book and will get to reading. Today is day one of clean eating. Nine more to go
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 18:08

BF:

Burp. It is a little after 6 and I am ready for bed. My Carb Nite is done. I was surprised how difficult it was. Good night everyone. I will be happy to get back to my normal eating style tomorrow.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 19:35

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 22/14/06 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 50%

Darn it I just lost a monster post!!!!

Cricket vacation protocol and a lot more info is in the files section of the FB group. Lots of info that's not so clear in the book. I'm 99 percent sure I sent you the Body IO link in an email. Enjoy your treats!

Hope you and Paulette are enjoying your CN. Paulette I hope your BG drops soon. I wish I found it difficult. I love every bite
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 19:36
Registered Member

BF:

Hi DUSTI /HW, Pretty avatar! JODI is day one clean today as well so you both (and e too) have SUNDAY as carb Nite. I had to change mine this week coming..
PAULETTE>>> I am sick and stuffed. I did not eat a lot..but for me it was.
Had that 6 oz of shake Breakfast, a few rice cakes and small portion of pancakes with some plain no additives syrup... one piece candy...one can diet soday...one strawberry...one 1.5"x3" slice brownie...2 bananas... 3 oz strip steak,half backed Idaho tater with one butter patty, 3 pieces of green giant corn on the cob niblettes.. less than 1.5 reg ear of corn...
1 tbl BBQ sauce with steak..1/4 cup ice cream... 1" sq cheese bites ( disgusting) and plan on oranges for later. It is 7:30 and I am supposed to eat this stuff for another THREE HOURS..NO WAY!!!!!!!!! This is not easy. The proteins fill me up and there was minimal fats as sugested..fats bring down the insuline spike... PAULETTE>>>>> is that timing with the coverage enough to get the hormoes kicked in???

I have to try to get my FitDay working to see what my intake was. Higher than you I am certain.I am very thirsty as well..I am going to explode. I froze all the goodies and no dirty CN for ME. Jodi can go through it next week! EVEN CARL siad enough! He will have one feats a week with us and that is all for him.

DUSTI.. yes we have horses here.. JODI is a grand Priz level dressage rider/medalist..teaches, judges, gives clinics. Began showing at about 5 on my Arab mare in Western pleasure and then went quickly to saddle seat.. she saw it and loved it at age 5.5! Circiut rider there and top 4% in country at one time park saddle horses.. we had Morgans.Now she has COTTONWOOD EQUESTRIAN CENTER.Boards and trains on a limitied number .I could go on and on!She is showing a new Dutch warmblood and her TB gelding, and had recently sold an Imported Fresian for this Imported warmblood. Better deal on this end!
TOO bad you are not near here.. we need riders for the horses for free!!!!
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 19:43

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 22/14/06 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 50%

Dustie and NR nice to see you join us!!!
Leanne I hope you love the BB DVD' s. They sure have some fun programs.

We are leaving tomorrow and will be gone for the weekend. I probably won't get checked in here. Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

I have an odd little theory. Theoretically too much protein can slow the spikes. Maybe Paulette should have more on purpose to not raise her BG so far??

EATS
1.5 great value sausage patties, coffee with cream

Cottage cheese with a few berries

Cheese stick

My version of bang bang shrimp over hmong bean sprouts

Chocolate premier protein shake frozen.

Last edited by **Chelle : Thu, Feb-18-16 at 19:48.
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 19:48
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Chelle
Darn it I just lost a monster post!!!!

Cricket vacation protocol and a lot more info is in the files section of the FB group. Lots of info that's not so clear in the book. I'm 99 percent sure I sent you the Body IO link in an email. Enjoy your treats!

Hope you and Paulette are enjoying your CN. Paulette I hope your BG drops soon. I wish I found it difficult. I love every bite

we doubled!!!

will check that stuff out..still not thrilled withthe fbbut it has some nice folks that do try to be helpful... it odes however ring too much like the older atkins site...same people living there! Not thrilled with the setup.. too may threads there to follow... more complicated than I can deal with and tie consumimng... please be our guru!!!!
Closed Thread