Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 15:03

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%
Default Linda’s exercise progress

I started riding a bike a few days ago...but that is just a little to much for me right now. I'm going to be walking on a daily basis, starting tonight. I will walk 3 miles.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 15:08

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Linda,
Good for you! Walking does wonders! I know that I always feel better after I've walked the dog or gone on a hike. Wow, amazing progress on your weight loss too! Take care, Maureen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 18:48

I did my walking...geez took me about an hour and a half...I'm very tired, but I don't think I'm as tired as I was after the bike ride.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 18:39

My walking went GREAT this morning...3 miles & no chest pain. Only 1 hour and 10 minutes instead of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Maybe tomorrow will be I hour... I felt energized. I was tired when I got to work, but it was a pleasant tiredness. Not drained and sick feeling!! It was really great! I will be glad when I can start the Bottoms Up program again...I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you Maureen for the kind words and encouragement!

Last edited by adnil53 : Sat, May-18-02 at 18:45.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 09:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/212/130 Female 5foot 7 inches
BF:44/38/20
Progress: 20%
Talking Way to go, 3 miles is GREAT!!!!

I wish I walked 3 miles. I guess I could Iam just to lazy too. Maybe the car thing ended up being a good thing for now anyway. At least you are getting in some kind of workout. And cardio is a great place to start.
Well back to work. Love ya Lynn
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 10:43

Default Thanks Lynn...I was thinking the same thing!

My walk went well…1 hour and 5 minutes! Felt good, a bit more tired when I got done, than I was yesterday. I didn’t sleep well. I broke a sweat today even though it was cool outside. Overcast no sun. I think it is suppose to rain today.

I was concentrating on standing straight while I walked. I pretend there is a string attached to each ear and I am dangling from them…you’d be amazed…it makes my head go up, my shoulders back & my tummy flatter…it really works and for me it tucks my butt slightly as well. But I have to keep reminding myself to do it. It hasn’t became a habit yet…but it will. I’m afraid of being this stooped little [fat]old lady…lol. That is partly why I want to do this walking and weight training…

It would be so cool to have a wash board belly…very feminine, but some what muscular. I want to look like I could do it myself, but feminine enough to be asked if I wanted help…make any sense? I don’t like how most models look…to skinny and not enough muscle tone…
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 18:14

This is the plan... I’ll just quote it.
“Breaking in if you have never worked with weights, are not in aerobic shape, and are very week.
The first two weeks, you will do the exercise movements without weights, but you will perform them in the same manner as the full, regular workout.”

THE LOWER BODY WORKOUT
Thigh-hip/buttock interserts [each paired number is an interset]

Thighs
1. Plie squat
2. Bugs bunny lunge
3. Sissy squat
4. Leg extension
5. Hack squat
6. Leg curl
7. Lying inner-thigh scissor

Hips/Buttocks
1. Standing back leg extension
2. Standing butt squeeze
3. Straight-leg kick-up
4. Vertical scissor
5. Feather kick-up
6. Prone butt lift
7. Lying butt lift

MIDDLE BODY WORKOUT
Lower body and upper abdominal intersets

Lower Abdominals
1. Knee-in
2. Bent-knee leg raise
Upper Abdominals
1. crunch
2. Bent-knee sit-up
Side Abdominals
1.Oblique crunch
3.reverse crunch

UPPER BODY WORKOUT
Chest-shoulder intersets

Chest
1. Flat dumbell press
2. Incline dumbell flye
3. Cross-bench pullover
4. Incline dumbell press
5. Flat dumbell flye
Shoulders
1. Seated side lateral
2. Seated alternate dumbell press
3. Standing alternate front lateral raise
4. Seated bent lateral
5. Pee-Wee laterale

Aerobics
1. Walking

Week 1 and 2: Do set one-no weights. Do not break up the intersets. Take full advantage of fifteen-second rest between intersets.

BOTTOMS UP!--THE REGULAR PLAN [with 2 extra aerobics]

Sunday: Lower-Middle-Aerobics
Monday: Upper-Aerobics
Tuesday: Lower-Middle-Aerobics
Wednesday: Aerobics
Thursday: Upper-Middle
Friday:Lower-Middle
Saturday: Aerobics

In review:
Lower body: three times per week
Middle body: four times a week
Upper body: two times per week
Aerobics: five times per week

So there it is.

I want to start this next week, I'm hoping...

Last edited by adnil53 : Mon, May-20-02 at 22:01.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 04:21

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Great going, Linda. I just couldn't get on with the Joyce Vedral book though I know a lot of people did well with it.

You were asking about Body for Life: I started BFL because it seemed just right for me - weight training and cardio on alternate days with one free day. There's lots of motivation and ways to get motivated in the book. It is a 12-week challenge to yourself and you set your own pace according to how fit you are.

I downloaded the chart that tells you what to do on each day and tick off days on it - it helps keep track of your progress. Most of the exercises are similar to those in Bottoms Up.

My 15 year old daughter keeps pestering me to go on walks with her so I will also try walking, but don't know whether I could do 3 miles at a stretch!

Great to read your log - good luck. I have the same problem with posture - slumping right now LOL

Judy
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 08:39

Judy...you know you just have to do what feels right to you...and you are, so go for it and keep up the good work...

Lynn, walking would be very good for you...I can imagine with your schedule it would be hard to get much of ANYthing else done...but you are doing really great...keep it up...MOM

I'm not walking this morning...it poured down rain all night...so I slept in some this morning and my Mother's giving me a ride...don't care to walk in the rain...but weather permitting, I'll be back at it tomorrow...besides...I'm REALLY sore and kinda stiff this morning...nothing a good walk wouldn't cure...lol
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 10:00

Angry Not walking...again

It is still raining!!! I like the rain, we needed it...but I don't ... I wish I had a treadmill... Oh well... soon I'll be walking again, rain around here doesn't normally last to long and we are coming up on the dry season before long...
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 21:56

Well I guess those are my two no aerobics days...hopefully tomorrow will be dry. I won't be walking untill tomorrow night though. Funny I talked to my daughter who lives 3 miles away...it was pouring at my house and dry at hers...lol
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 21:47

Beautiful sunny day today!... But no walk... I am swamped working these days... I'm going to use an aerobics tape called...The N.A.C. system. It looks like I would be able to do it. I'm going to start that Friday... I want to see if I can get one of Joyce Vedral's tapes. I think it would be much easier to follow with a tape. I may walk tomorrow, if the weather holds and I don't have to work. I'll be working in the yard, that would give me some exercise. raking leaves...yes leaves...the wind has blown them off...tons of them, well not like Fall, but enough.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 17:50

Well, I cleaned the yard and yes it was exercise! Didn't feel it much anyplace but my tummy and arms but that is good. I have to work tomorrow, so it looks like I will be walking in the morning....
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 21:33

Yes I walked again today...same 3 miles! It was sunny, but cool. It felt good, but I felt like I had lost some of what I had gained. I much rather do this on a regular basis. I had thought about walking home, but it was just to darn HOT and the HEAT IS JUST STARTING! Tomorrow is another walk day. So this is good. I didn't start The NAC system, like I thought I would. I think the walking is good enough for now. Maybe when I get some more weight off I'll be able to do the weight training. I do want to get the Joyce Vedral tapes instead of trying to use the book.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 13:09

Default Hummm...thought I posted yesterday...

I think I did...but forgot to click "Submit Reply"... now you know I really am middle aged... Any way... no I didn't walk yesterday, just didn't feel up to it. I did today though. I was sooo tired about half way there, then someone stopped me for directions and when I started again... I felt really energized... really surprised me. I do enjoy the walking. The only thing I don't like about it is how long it takes! I think I may get a new bike in a few weeks and then I plan on riding again. I would like that just as much and probably more. I could do that even in the heat, because it doesn't take soooo long...lol

I may walk home tonight, just depends on how hot it is. I don't enjoy it at all when it is hot, and it is not a good idea anyway.